Can one import bookmarks from Opera to Chrome?

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 12:49 am
Chrome does it itself from IE...but I've not been able to see how, if at all, one can do it from Opera.

View best answer, chosen by dlowan
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 01:05 am
@dlowan,
I only have Opera installed for compatibility testing and have no bookmarks, so if you need specific instructions let me know and I'll have to set them up.

But what you can do is export them from Opera to an HTML file, and import them into IE to then import them to Chrome.

But what I really recommend is importing them to an online service (I use delicious.com) and then you can access them from any browser and any computer. Chrome lacks plugins right now but you can get Delicious access through bookmarklets (let me know if you want to set this up).
dlowan

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 01:47 am
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
but you can get Delicious access through bookmarklets (let me know if you want to set this up

That would be ubercool, thank you...(no rush)
Robert Gentel
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 09:21 am
@dlowan,
This article explains it. Basically, set up a bookmark to go to your delicious bookmarks, this allows you to find them. Then drag the javascript link they provide in the article to your bookmark toolbar as well, and you get a button to automatically bookmark the current page to delicious.

http://www.howtotuts.com/2008/09/08/how-to-accelerate-bookmarking-to-delicious-from-chrome/
dlowan

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 08:15 am
@Robert Gentel,
Thankee....I'll have a go.

: )
0 Replies