Fri 22 Nov, 2002 09:39 pm
The thing I hate the most about going out to eat in a good restaurant is having to skip dessert because I ate too much for dinner and have absolutely no room left for any of the luscious looking cakes/pastries/pies/etc. I love desserts but only if I can wait an hour or two to eat them.

My Dad loved nothing better than homemade apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a small slice of cheddar cheese. Personally, I go more for chocolate mousse or New York cheese cake.

What's your favorite dessert?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 9,772 • Replies: 50
Topic Closed
No top replies

quinn1

Sat 23 Nov, 2002 07:25 am
Mudd Pie

or Jerrys Chocolate Cake Smile

yeah..chocolate works for me but, agree with you on the whole, wish I had saved room.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Sat 23 Nov, 2002 07:26 am
Key Lime Pie, when it is made right! Smile
0 Replies

New Haven

Sat 23 Nov, 2002 07:28 am
Favorites:

Ice cream

Blue berry pie

Coconut cream pie

Apple pie

Indian Pudding ( Razz )
0 Replies

gezzy

Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:47 am
I'm a cheesecake gal all the way :-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 23 Nov, 2002 11:38 am
I'm pretty fussy about desserts. I'd rather just have a cup of tea when I'm out, and not be disappointed. However, I did have a dangerous piece of caramel brownie cheesecake about a month ago that i might consider trying again.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Sat 23 Nov, 2002 08:21 pm
It's the French restaurants with all those yummy looking pastries that really drive me nuts. I know I don't even like all of them, but they look soooo good. Napoleons and eclairs especially. Now I'm hungry and all I've got is crumbcake. Boo.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Sun 24 Nov, 2002 01:23 am
My birthday cake, (always chocolate)

With ice cream.

Four more weeks!

Yum.
0 Replies

roger

Sun 24 Nov, 2002 01:42 am
Hot cherry cobbler. Please don't make it so sweet it's like eating red sugar.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Sun 24 Nov, 2002 07:04 am
There are a few Tapas restraunts in the Boston area run by the same extended family. the last item on the dessert menus is "Ubiquitous Flan".

If it's ubiquitous, how can you order anything else?
0 Replies

Diane

Sun 24 Nov, 2002 04:24 pm
Peach cobbler made with fresh peaches. This is as close to heaven as I'm likely to get.

Key lime pie is wonderful. There is a restaurant near us when we are in Forida that makes an excellent key lime cheesecake.

There is always Ben and Jerry's ice cream, which is just a good, all around, antidepressant.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 24 Nov, 2002 04:36 pm
Certainly 'mousse au chocolate', than '(Bavarian) vanilla cream', 'île flotant' ... actually any kind of dessert, no matter if sweet or tea or coffee or cheese.

(The answer would have been totally different, if the question had been: what kind of dessert are you allowed to have when out with your partner! Answer: none, perhaps a low fat cheese or an espresso.)
0 Replies

Swimpy

Sun 24 Nov, 2002 05:45 pm
Poor Walter. Make it a good cheese then!
Me? I never met a dessert I didn't like. Homemade apple pie with caramel ice cream probably tops the list. Cheesecake and strawberry shortcake tie for second place.
0 Replies

JerryR

Mon 25 Nov, 2002 10:01 am
MMMMMM,..caramel ice cream!!! Very Happy

OK,..I do ALOT of baking, but my tastes "flip-flop" between "gooey, sticky, chocolatey, nutty, heavy creamy mess" and "clean, simple, fruity"

But mainly I stick with the chocolatey ones,..this week's pick:

Fallen Chocolate Cakes with Toffee Ice Cream and Burnt Caramel
(I made them at work, for last night's dinner,...have been "main-lining" the leftovers all morning with coffee!! Laughing )
0 Replies

Kara

Mon 25 Nov, 2002 07:08 pm
Fallen choc cake with toffee ice cream....oh, oh, oh................Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 25 Nov, 2002 07:12 pm
That does sound rather dangerous, doesn't it? Maybe just a weekend with Jerry?
0 Replies

Kara

Mon 25 Nov, 2002 08:13 pm
Would that be a fallen man...or fallen chocolate? Perhaps Jerry is tempted by a spring-form pan more than by a fallen femme.

I would sit at his feet, to learn. He could seduce me with words of cook-speak. There are no more seductive words than those writ about creating good food.
0 Replies

JerryR

Mon 25 Nov, 2002 09:09 pm
Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed JEEEZZZ!!! Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

Kara

Tue 26 Nov, 2002 09:17 pm
HeeHee, Jerry.

We are having two desserts on Thursday. I will make an English trifle, and my daughter in law will make a pumpkin-ginger mousse in a ginger snap crust. She made this last year and we all fought over the last bites. She tops it with chopped crystalized ginger added to the whipped cream layer.

My trifle is made with lady fingers split and filled with red currant jelly. Sprinkle generously with sherry. Then pile on defrosted raspberries, a whole layer, and then add a layer of custard. (I cheat on this, use Byrd's with added egg and rich milk.) Then a layer of whipped cream, garnish with angelica, cherries, toasted almonds. Leave for at least 6-7 hours before serving. (Also good for breakfast!! Yeahhhhhh!)
0 Replies

estrella

Thu 5 Dec, 2002 01:31 pm
My favorite dessert is ice cream in any size, shape or variety--LOL!

For a unique dessert, I just found one on the web--it involves figs washed and cut on top with a cross, then filled with a raspberry sauce and topped with whipped cream!

Interesting!
0 Replies