OBAMA-NATION beginning to Tear US Apart!!!

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 11:46 am
House bypasses governor’s veto to claim Oklahoma’s sovereignty

House bypasses governor’s veto to claim Oklahoma’s sovereignty
Comments Comment on this article146
Buzz up!
BY MICHAEL MCNUTT
Published: May 5, 2009
Modified: May 6, 2009 at 11:22 am

Although Gov. Brad Henry vetoed similar legislation 10 days earlier, House members Monday again approved a resolution claiming Oklahoma’s sovereignty.

Gov. Brad Henry speaks to members of the Oklahoma Press Association at their convention held at the Doubletree Hotel Downtown in Tulsa. SHERRY BROWN/Tulsa World Friday, Feb. 6, 2009

Advertisement

Unlike House Joint Resolution 1003, House Concurrent Resolution 1028 does not need the governor’s approval.

The House passed the measure 73-22. It now goes to the Senate.

"We’re going to get it done one way or the other,” said the resolutions’ author, Rep. Charles Key, R-Oklahoma City.

"I think our governor is out of step.”

House Democrats objected, saying the issue already had been taken up and had been vetoed, but House Speaker Pro Tempore Kris Steele, R-Shawnee, ruled the veto is not final action.

Key said he expects HCR 1028 will pass in the Senate. HJR 1003 earlier passed the House 83-18 and won approval in the Senate 29-18.

Henry vetoed HJR 1003 because he said it suggested, among other things, that Oklahoma should return federal tax dollars.

Key said HCR 1028, which, if passed, would be sent to Democratic President Barack Obama and the Democratic-controlled Congress, would not jeopardize federal funds but would tell Congress to "get back into their proper constitutional role.” The resolution states the federal government should "cease and desist” mandates that are beyond the scope of its powers.

Key said many federal laws violate the 10th Amendment, which says powers not delegated to the U.S. government "are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.” The Constitution lists about 20 duties required of the U.S. government, he said.

Congress should not be providing bailouts to financial institutions and automakers, he said.

"We give all this money to all these different entities, including automakers, and now they’re talking about, ‘Well maybe it’s better to let them go bankrupt,’” Key said. "Well, maybe we should have let them go bankrupt before we gave them the money.”

http://www.newsok.com/house-bypasses-governors-veto-to-claim-oklahomas-sovereignty/article/3366762

engineer

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 11:52 am
@Woiyo9,
So what does this have to do with our current President? The previous President and many previous Congresses claims the same federal rights as the current ones. Why didn't Oklahoma complain last year or the year before?
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 12:05 pm
"Oklahoma: Estimated Recovery Act Allocation: $2.6 billion"

send the money back then...
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 02:21 pm
@engineer,
You did not understand the article I take it!
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 02:32 pm
How UnAmerican. The minute a black man gets elected prez, the southern states start talking secession. Really exposes the bullshit the right-wing puts forth about 'America first.'

Cycloptichorn
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 02:33 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

How UnAmerican. The minute a black man gets elected prez, the southern states start talking secession. Really exposes the bullshit the right-wing puts forth about 'America first.'

Cycloptichorn

Raamen
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 02:40 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

hey, we both lived in the south. are you that surprised? there's still a lot of that "hell no, i won't fergit!!" bullshit going around.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 02:43 pm
I been hearing that talk all my life.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 02:54 pm
@Cycloptichorn,

You Liberal left-wing extremist are the UnAmerican racists... you elected this president because of his skin color and not his qualifications.

Shame on you.
engineer

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 04:06 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

You did not understand the article I take it!

No, I think I understand it pretty well. When Republicans are in charge, state rights are not all that important, but when Democrats come in, it's an outrage that the federal government does all this stuff. Got it. Why do you think the party in power matters to the honorables in OK?
Ceili

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 04:57 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
you elected this president because of his skin color and not his qualifications.

And your explanation for Bush? This is laughable but mostly pathetic..
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 05:06 pm
@Ceili,

Why can't liberals accept the fact that Obama is the president?
Are they ashamed?

Pathetic left-wing nut loons!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 05:17 pm
Ummm. I have accepted it. I appreciate it too. Now how about you?
Liberal wingnut.... hahahahahahahahaha
Get a life. Idiot.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 05:31 pm
I voted for McCain and Palin, not against Obama and Biden. As a veteran I admire McCain's service to this country, and his family's service to this country. I also like Palin's conservative views.

There is no question that Obama's service to this country did not compare to McCain's, and there is no question that Obama's family's service to this country did not compare to McCain's family. Do not claim that I just voted against Obama, since I voted for David Dinkins the time he became mayor of NYC.

But, as a Republican and conservative I do vote in national elections for Republicans.

It is a canard that every vote for McCain was just a vote against Obama. I do think some votes for Obama were votes for one's liberal/progressive persona. There were also votes that were for Obama, but really just against McCain and Palin, especially Palin, I believe.

But, it is amazing that with Democrats ruling Washington, and Obama is in the White House, the anger from liberals does not seem to have lessened from the anger against Bush, when he was in office? Such anger; what should one make of it?

I do hope though that national service, in some way, becomes mandatory for all the young liberals that feel so angry about conservatives.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 07:49 pm
I'm not anti of for anything. I am pissed at Bush co. and his incompetence for how the f*cked up the entire world. Why should I forgive him now that he's retired. His first big paycheck post was paid in my backyard. He couldn't even face the American people.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 08:38 pm
@Ceili,

You need to let go of your deep rooted and irrational hatred for all things GW Bush.

Obama is our president and he is the one you need to pay attention to.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 08:43 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
You need to let go of your deep rooted and irrational hatred for all things GW Bush.

What ever happened to that Bush character anyway. It's almost like he doesn't even exist any more. Maybe Dick Cheney took him on a "hunting" trip, and now he's "gone".
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 08:56 pm
@rosborne979,

Can we get Obama to go hunting with Cheney?
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 06:06 am
@engineer,
Guess what. BOTH PARTIES are incapable of representing their constituents
and members of BOTH PARTIES are only concerned about expanding the power and control.

djjd62

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 06:28 am
@Woiyo9,
never thought i agree with you, but your right

i tend to believe that all politicians are self serving scum, elected officials even more so, most are looking for the big payoff at the end of a life of public service
0 Replies