It's Happy Kitten!

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 02:12 am
Named for his attitude, the moment he came home from Animal Control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_6HvHYCGmM&feature=channel_page
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,565 • Replies: 13
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 02:43 am
Very cute!!!

He's got snow-shoes.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 03:09 am
They're so much fun, you almost forget how destructive a young cat can be.
farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 04:25 am
@BorisKitten,
we had a Maine Coon cat looked just like yours. It would sleep in all asorts of weird positions and he was a big dumpster diver , he loved to just tear up a waste can .
With his white pawslike sneakers, we named him Reebok. He lived for about 15 years . Coons have to be put on a strict diet early otherwise they can become really fat. We dont do the "free choice" kibble thing with our present two Coon cats and they are now 5 years old and nice and trim and playful as kittens.
sozobe

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 05:11 am
@BorisKitten,
I liked the "early love of literature" one...

I also liked one of the first videos, where he's sitting next to Boris and then comes walking up to you -- I said "that kitty wants to be pet!" and then a millisecond later you started petting him.
BorisKitten

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 03:33 pm
@farmerman,
Ya know, farmerman, when the vet said he needed to gain weight, I got a big gleam in my eye. I love to feed my pets, and I just knew at that moment I'd end up over-feeding him.

Happy is a bit fat, frankly. I don't know how much he weighs, but he's HUGE, even if we account for his excessive pouffiness. Sigh... I'll have to limit his joy, I mean his food.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 03:35 pm
@roger,
It's funny, I haven't had a destructive (young) pet in many, many years. It seems to me the other cats and dogs train the newcomers. I think they're rather better at this training than we are.
roger

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 05:51 pm
@BorisKitten,
Yeah, right! Spooky (senior cat) did a really swell job of training little Nermal when he arrived. Two rolls of paper towels - shredded. Four rolls of toilet paper - shredded. Two phone cords, and three 110V extention cords chewed beyond recognition. It took me six months to untrain the wretched beast.
BorisKitten

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 05:55 pm
@roger,
Gads, they shredded extension cords, and lived? This has been a big fear of mine for, well, ages now.

Happy actually has a bit of a "paper towel habit." Hubby hears Happy banging at his door in the morning, and gives him a single paper towel, which kitten grabs (under the door) and Happily shreds.

None of my cats has ever discovered the joys of toilet paper. Please don't let your cats tell them!
BorisKitten

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 06:59 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
we had a Maine Coon cat looked just like yours.

Gads, I do believe you're right, Farmerman, I've accidentally adopted a mostly-Maine-Coon cat!

Checked this breed out (via Internet, of course) and Happy Kitten matches on most fronts, except his ears are smaller and not as pouffy as breed standards.

Really, I was curious about Happy's "mostly" breed in case of health problems in later years.

I've had great luck with our "mix"-cats-and-dogs, all strays. They seem very healthy and long-lived.

Our oldest is a Pit Bull dog mix, at 14 yrs old, "Poo." Wuv her!

Thanks for the tip about Mr. Waddy-Fwuff.
BorisKitten

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 07:01 pm
@sozobe,
<sending hugs to Soz>
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 07:02 pm
@BorisKitten,
Oh, finally weighed him (approximately) at 11-12 lbs. He's 11 mos old.

I've never had a Bigger Kitten.

I Love That!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 07:34 pm
@BorisKitten,
Okay, Happy's job is to shred; your job is to provide paper towels. Nerm and I have a similar sharing of responsibility. He goes in and out of doors; my job is to open them. We had a minor altercation about that around 2:00 A.M. today. I won, but didn't see a single cat for 10 hours.
BorisKitten

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 12:37 pm
@roger,
Gads, the Door-Opening Duties! And 2 AM is the perfect time to request Service, Pleez, Human.

We just gave right in and put in a cat door when we moved here 10 years ago. I wonder how many times I would have opened the door for kitties, without that cat door? 20 Gazillion?
0 Replies