THE AVERGE AGE OF RUSH LIMBAUGH's AUDIENCE IS...

BillRM

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 06:29 pm
It would be nice if we could generated a list of all Limbaugh listens so in case of a national emergency we could rapidly round them up and place them in camps<grin>.
farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 06:40 pm
@BillRM,
Mot of them are quite armed.
parados

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 06:43 pm
@farmerman,
Of course they are armed but they will need training and superior officers to be effective so rounding them all up in one place would be the most effective way.
farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 06:58 pm
@parados,
I dont think that the historical obliquity of that post has been missed by the average Limbaugh listener. I hear several locks and loadings
BillRM

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 08:35 pm
@farmerman,
As they are known followers of a drug addict cult leader with self evidence mental problems, being arm also is all the more reason to consider them a danger to national security in case of a declare national emergency.

In fact I think we should be building those camps now just in case.

However to make them happy and more comfortable we could follow the example of allowing them to honor their leader and hold meeting supporting him just as we did allow Hitler followers to honor his teachings and even celebrate his birthday in the WW2 camps
farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 08:38 pm
@BillRM,
just detain him. The rest will just mill around without a leader .
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 05:15 am
If Rush is such a joke, or if he is so unimportant, or if he is whatever derogatory thing you on the left like to say about him, why are you bothering with him at all?
If he is so meaningless, why are all of you so afraid of him?
djjd62

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 05:21 am
@mysteryman,
as i've stated many times before, i find him funny, not as funny as savage, mind you, that guy's a pisser

rush is a blowhard, and most blowhards have at least some entertainment value

mysteryman

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 05:34 am
@djjd62,
You know more about them then I do.
I have no idea who savage is, and I have not listened to Rush in several years.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 06:17 am
@mysteryman,
A lot of people in history was jokes from a logical and rational point of veiw that still ended up doing great harm.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 06:17 pm
@farmerman,
I couldn't recall if the little article was linked here, but after finally reading it on the weekend I thought it was worth popping in.

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2009/05/rush-limbaugh200905

It's a short piece, worth a glance. I recommend it. From whatever your political perspective, I think it's interesting.
farmerman

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 06:20 pm
@ehBeth,
This was the article I stole from.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 06:24 pm
@farmerman,
I thought I recognized it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 06:31 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeh, I posted this likeness of him as an homage to the great man

http://www.vanityfair.com/images/politics/2009/05/rush-limbaugh-0905-01.jpg

GET INTO MY BELLY
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 10:38 am
While most of you enjoy bashing Rush--he really doesn't mind as it invariably increases his ratings--just thought I would point out what passes for humor in the much more compassionate, enlightened world of liberalism:

Quote:
May 09, 2009
Obama laughs at Rush "Oxycontin" jab

Wanda Sykes isn't killing but she's getting some laughs -- and Obama was yukking it up until Sykes muttered the word "abstinence" and "Palin" in the same joke.

He was back laughing when Sykes slammed Rush -- and hard -- for the hoping-Obama-will fail stuff.

CSPAN was trained on the president when Sykes joked that Limbaugh was the "I think Rush Limbaugh was the 20th [Sept. 11th] hijacker, but he was so strung out on Oxycontin he missed his flight."

Obama was chuckling -- while saying something to his dais mates -- and couldn't quite stop smiling even as he sipped some water.

She finished her Rush bit with: "l hope this country fails?" I hope his kidney fails!"

He chuckled at that one too.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/dinnerdish/0509/Obama_laughs_at_Rush_Oxycontin_jab.html

VIDEO HERE:
http://www.breitbart.tv/html/336173.html

Never mind that Rush was grossly mischaracterized and misquoted. Some think compassion includes at least some understanding of those who get hooked on prescription meds or booze etc. and appreciation for how difficult it is to break those kinds of addictions. It is not something some think is funny to make fun of even if it is Rush. And I wonder what they would be saying of Rush had he joked about hoping that the President's or Sykes kidney failed?

parados

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 10:50 am
@Foxfyre,
I guess you don't know the difference between a joke and truthfully wishing someone fails, Fox.

A joke doesn't mean you hope his kidney's fail. It's a joke which works as a joke because it is over the top. Now... if you want to claim Rush was making a joke then we can examine it under that light. However, Rush doesn't say he was making a joke.
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 12:27 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
Some think compassion includes at least some understanding of those who get hooked on prescription meds or booze etc. and appreciation for how difficult it is to break those kinds of addictions.

Not only was Rush involved in a practice that is considered illegal, he did it by involving a doctor (or teo) who would provide him with bogus scrip. People go to jail for that (unless they, like Rush, can afford to "buy" their ways out.

Rush never distanced himself from his "fail" statements. He only modified it a day or so after he made it to say that"What I meant was that I want his policies to fail".

I see that the real fight among the GOP leadership is between Bush and Cheney. Seems that Bush blames Cheney for his failed presidency, and Dheney wants Colin Powell out of the party.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 12:32 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

I guess you don't know the difference between a joke and truthfully wishing someone fails, Fox.

A joke doesn't mean you hope his kidney's fail. It's a joke which works as a joke because it is over the top. Now... if you want to claim Rush was making a joke then we can examine it under that light. However, Rush doesn't say he was making a joke.

No, but he wasn't saying that he wanted Obama to fail either. He wanted Obama to fail in an agenda to greatly socialize America and greatly increase the size, power, and scope of government. Was that even inferred in Sykes joke?

Would you be so accepting if it had been Rush making an over-the-top joke about wanting President Obama's kidney to fail? Would you have to go digging to find that in the media or would be be emblazoned across every front page?

Just pointing out that those bashing Rush are probably as guilty of as much or worse than anything he has ever said. And the double standard remains alive and well about what is acceptable humor and what is not.
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 12:39 pm
@Foxfyre,
Wait a minute, That was a joke? I HOPE Rush's kidneys DO fail, and I hope he gets Alzheimers while on the air. Thatd be rich.

Youll tank me for it later to be rid of the embarrassment that is Limbaugh
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 01:14 pm
@Foxfyre,
Some think compassion includes at least some understanding of those who get hooked on prescription meds or booze etc. and appreciation for how difficult it is to break those kinds of addictions. It is not something some think is funny to make fun of even if it is Rush. And I wonder what they would be saying of Rush had he joked about hoping that the President's or Sykes kidney failed?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm if I remember correctly Rush was all for locking up drug addicts until it turn out he was proven to be one.