Starting an Art Camp for Kids

eoe

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 08:42 pm
I'm thinking about offering art classes to kids. I'm excited because if successful, it would fulfill so many needs. Is there anyone here with experience (I know there is. I can remember reading about it) or suggestions, ideas, warnings, etc? I'm all ears.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,207 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 08:53 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

I'm thinking about offering art classes to kids. I'm excited because if successful, it would fulfill so many needs. Is there anyone here with experience (I know there is. I can remember reading about it) or suggestions, ideas, warnings, etc? I'm all ears.

Insurance

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 09:13 pm
Yeah, I had an arts camp for kids one year. It was dead easy. I put notices up at the art stores in town and one ad in a weekend edition of our local.

I had between 5 and 8 kids a week - the camps were week-long. I had them from 9 - 3 p.m. Six hours is a lot! I'd shorten that if I were doing it again to five hours. I did that for 9 weeks and I charged a measly $125 per kid per week, you provide the lunch and snacks. I provided all the materials.

I said no younger than 6 but I took a five yr old and that was a mistake.

If you want more info on what we did, pm me and I'll tell you. We had a blast - I'd do it again.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 09:22 pm
Thanks for the headsup Cyclo-I hadn't even thought about that.
Mame, I'll pm you. Thanks a bunch in advance.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 05:16 pm
I was out looking at buildings today. Is it smart to be on the main drag or, with this type of endeavor, can you be a bit (one block over) off the beaten path? I would expect to get students through advertising and word of mouth rather than drive-bys and foot traffic. Whaddaya think?
0 Replies