DIZZYNESS AND FULL PRESSURE IN EARS

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 06:35 am
HEY guys, i am experiencing some of the same symptoms. it has been going on for a year and a half now. i started at university, i was very low emotionally at this point, and had a lot of stress, i had a sudden onset of vertigo where i couldnt stand up. i thought it was just because i hadnt eaten anything. but then i had recurrent unbalanced feelings and fullness in the ears. i have been back to the doctors a million times, they sent me to the ENt department and i had balance tests which came back clear. but my ears feel full and i have alot of head pressure, i am also getting momentairy vertigo where i feel like i am going to fall over for two seconds and then it returns back to normal. i also feel very weak and have no energy., this thing is ruining my life as i had to give up my job as i just felt so ill and dizzy all the time, any ideas??? i NEED SOME HELP!!! XXX

boomerang

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 07:06 am
@sbenkalai1,
I had similar momentary vertigo and my doctor checked my vitamin B-12 levels. It might be worth asking your doctor about.

Quote:
If your vitamin B12 deficiency anemia is mild, you may not have symptoms or you may not notice them. Some people may think they are just the result of growing older. Symptoms develop slowly over years, as the amount of vitamin B12 absorbed by the body decreases and the vitamin B12 stored in your body is used up.

As the anemia becomes worse, you may have:12

Weakness.
Fatigue.
Lightheadedness.
A pale appearance.
A sore, red tongue or bleeding gums.
Loss of taste and appetite with weight loss.
Diarrhea or constipation.
A rapid heartbeat or chest pain.
Shortness of breath upon exertion.
Low levels of vitamin B12 cause damage to the brain and nerve cells. The symptoms this causes may be the first ones you notice. They can include:2

Numbness or tingling in the fingers and toes.
Poor balance and coordination.
Forgetfulness.
Depression.
Confusion.
Difficulty thinking and concentrating.
Impaired judgment and poor control of impulses.
A decreased ability to sense vibration.
Ringing in the ears (tinnitus).
Dementia, a decline in mental abilities that is severe enough to interfere with daily life.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/vitamin-b12-deficiency-anemia-symptoms
rhymer

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 03:02 pm
@sbenkalai1,
This may be a useful site for you!
http://tinnitussupport92262.yuku.com/topic/3239
T stands for tinnitus, or whistling in the ears.
I have had fullness, reduction, tinnitus and menieres syndrome for 40 years - good luck!!
0 Replies

vicky123456789

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 12:21 pm
@sbenkalai1,
hey i'm going through the same things except my dizziness last a week at time. i saw my family doc and he referred me to a ENT. i haven't seen them yet but the fam doc said it might be meniere's disease. research it ....really close to whats going on
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 12:41 pm
@boomerang,
I just reread this and think I'll mention what I know by virtue of some med research I used to be involved in. Some people have pernicious anemia. A hallmark of that problem is that the Factor that is involved in the uptake of B12 - intrinsic factor - may have auto antibodies to it, thus decreasing the uptake even when a person injests normal amounts of B12.

If I remember, this isn't a very prevalent condition and may be more prevalent in some populations more than others. The md's that most know about this are hematologists and immunologists.
0 Replies

JAYNE4STORM

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 03:01 pm
@sbenkalai1,
Hello. i have had the same exact symptoms as you with one addition-once or twice a year, an acute attack of vertigo. in bed for close to a week, spinning out of control, sicker than a dog. this lasting sometimes for weeks. i have delt with this for 4 years now. i have seen numerous doctors, had several tests done, had 3 different diagnoses before i recently saw an Otologist. he thinks i have MAV (migraine associated vertigo). i wouldn't have believed it before, because i thought you had to have headaches to have this type. i never have headaches. turns out you can have headaches or not. my life, as well, has been hell on earth. i have had no life!! as of now, i am in the process of following my doctors instructions. you might want to ask a doctor if you might have this. meanwhile, you can learn alot online by looking up this condition. there is a book called heal your headache by David Buchholz, M.D.-it is great!!! i have learned so much, and it all makes sense with my symptoms. don't worry, the book is not just about headaches, it's about this vertigo issue too. i am presently taking these supplements: CO-Q 10, vitamin B-2, and Magnesium. i have started the migraine diet. i am seeing a difference for sure. i still yo-yo a little. it is hard to do, but well worth getting rid of the dizziness and feeling off balance. in my acute case, i am getting help from a calcium channel blocker pill. to understand how all this fits together, read that book or go online. the bottom line is that this can be controlled. the diet is the main thing, and you have to find out what particular foods or drinks trigger your vertigo. too many chemicals, and preservatives in our bodies from processed and fermented foods and drinks. i hope this helps some. i have been looking for answers for 4 years, and i think i finally found mine. i hope you find yours-good luck. Jayne
jzibrida

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 06:28 pm
@JAYNE4STORM,
I will read this book. Hopefully, it will help me. I saw 2 ENTs, a neuro-otologist and had a brain MRI. I have had 5 vertigo episodes in 3 years. I vomit every time for about an hour then usually can regroup my brain within a week or 2. The last one has been dragging me out...over 3 months with off balance. I grounded myself from driving. I don't want to harm anyone or myself. Neuro-otologist feels I'm having migraines without the headaches. I never heard of such a thing. He said to stay off of MSG (and that's in everything), Nutrasweet, peanuts, red wine, blue cheese and the worst, CHOCOLATE. Maybe this can help someone.
0 Replies