Who'll be Remembered?

Lorna

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 10:46 am
After the Majestic, I changed my opinion of Jim Carrey, that was a wonderful film.

And what about Janine Garofalo as a comedic/character actress?

Lorna
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 11:20 am
I've seen her in only a few things. She's a little too tragic for me.
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 10:51 am
IMO, self-deprecating, yes. Tragic, no. But that's me... Smile
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 06:41 pm
I don't know why, I just like Janine. I want to be her friend. She always seems so.... Cool She reminds me of Robert Mitchum; they always seem to have the situation under control.
0 Replies

Bluxx

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 02:33 am
Okay so...I think that Brad Pitt will be around for awhile, and NOT just because he's cute---he's talented.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 04:10 am
I wish DiCaprio would do like Pitt and take a few chances with his career, maybe an independent film or two, or something a little risky like Pitt's Twelve Monkeys character.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 04:09 pm
Speaking of taking chances, how about Johnny Depp?
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 12:05 am
I love that guy, Ed Wood is one of my favorite movies. He has taken lots of risky roles, and he is always good, even when the movie isn't.
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:43 pm
Booman wrote:
I don't know why, I just like Janine. I want to be her friend. She always seems so.... Cool

I agree, and The Truth About Cats and Dogs is one of my favourite films.

I also agree that LD should take on more challanging roles. He was pretty good in Gangs of New York, though.

Lorna
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 03:36 pm
I actually liked LD in that unheralded film, where he was on this secluded island in a commune type situation. I think he was taking chances too.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 03:56 am
The Beach
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 10:28 am
I'd forgotten about The Beach, good point.

Lorna
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 10:51 am
I can't believe I forgot that simple title. Ain't THAT a beach? Very Happy
0 Replies

couzz

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 01:02 am
John Travolta will "stayin alive".
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 10:29 am
I know this is a bit off topic, but I was going to mention Adam Sandler (again)...and while I'm at it, those who have seen Punch Drunk Love, were you expecting more? Thought it was lovely as it was, if a little wierd, but I thought it was missing something, and wondered if I was the only one?

Lorn
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 09:03 am
Hi!
Right, it's been ages but...someone mentioned Haley Joel Osmet somewhere. Does anyone else find it wierd that he is 'growing up'? I know he has to, but still...

L Smile
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 09:05 pm
I didn't see anyone mention Gene Hackman yet. For a real treat, watch his performance in "The Heist".
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 10:03 pm
Or anything else, for that matter. You can count on Mr. Hackman to give you a topnotch performance, in any film.
My favorite is "Get Shorty."
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 06:31 pm
I read that someone said Vin Disel and I just want to know why? He was okay in Fast and the Ferrious and good in Saving Private Ryan but XXX was not okay. Tom Cruise is a good actor. Minority Report and I am sure he just might get an oscar nod for The Last Samari.

Hayden Christensen (Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Life is a House, and Glass(?)), Kevin Klein, Anna Paquin, Ian McKellen, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Nichole Kidman, Ed Harris, Julianne Moore, Chris Cooper, Nicolas Cage.
0 Replies