Too short time allowed for editing

Below viewing threshold (view)
Robert Gentel

Wed 18 Mar, 2009 01:50 am
@hawkeye10,
Nobody is telling her to shut up, she asked for a "moderator" response and apparently wasn't aware that moderators had responded already.

You are just trying to foment more dissent for your crusade against the site and it's pathetic, though unsurprising, that you have to stoop to that kind of lie.
0 Replies

msolga

Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:21 am
@tanguatlay,
Quote:
Some time ago, I brought up the topic on too little time allowed for editing. Evidently, no one did anything about it because I was away from the computer for about five minutes and, when I returned, my post could not be edited.

tangualtlay

Instead of being "away" from the computer for 5 minutes of so after posting, check your published post right away, if it matters so much to you. Then, if you want/need to edit the post, you can do so, very easily! The onus is on you, not the moderators or A2K.

I have sometimes managed two, even three edits, of embarrassing spelling mistakes in my posts. But some have somehow managed to slip through the cracks, anyway! Wink Embarrassed
roger

Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:27 am
@msolga,
Aw, a good mistake can be kind of cute.
msolga

Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:33 am
@roger,
I do try to convince myself of this, roger. Embarrassed
0 Replies

jespah

Wed 18 Mar, 2009 04:05 am
@tanguatlay,
My response (and yes, I am a Moderator) is that Robert owns and programs the site. Moderators don't decide on editing times as that is a function of how the software works. Moderators mainly just pull the spam.
tanguatlay

Wed 18 Mar, 2009 11:48 am
@jespah,
Hi Jespah.

I didn't know you were a moderator. It is not stated below your name. If you hadn't told me, I would not have known you are a moderator.

Thanks for letting me know that moderators cannot do anything to extend the editing expiry time.
jespah

Wed 18 Mar, 2009 01:20 pm
@tanguatlay,
We haven't had public titles in a long time. But if you go in my profile, you will see that it says that I am the Project Manager of this site. Which I have been since its inception.

You're welcome! Smile
0 Replies

ebrown p

Wed 18 Mar, 2009 01:43 pm
I would like the ability to edit other people's posts. I don't say stupid things or make mistakes.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Wed 18 Mar, 2009 01:48 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
Exactly, even with the limit in place there are some who will insult a member and then delete the post right away (we know this because this is a "soft" deletion and the posts are still kept). It's not accidental and a case of second thoughts, it's intentional use of this feature to insult someone and then hide the traces.

I am curious about how, even with access to the deleted posts, you would distinguish between "second thoughts" and "intentional use" of the feature.

I have at times posted in annoyance... and then thought better of it.

Robert Gentel

Wed 18 Mar, 2009 04:36 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:
I am curious about how, even with access to the deleted posts, you would distinguish between "second thoughts" and "intentional use" of the feature.

When they say as much in their own words. Here's an example that's a bit hard to follow because of all the now missing posts:

http://able2know.org/topic/130130-3#post-3593819

The now missing subsequent post (which I did see before it was removed) was to the effect that "it doesn't work if you quote me before I pull it".

I haven't gone looking for this at all, but just in casual browsing have seen it dozens of times, so I think it's pretty common. I know that in at least some cases it's intentional because there will be a bunch in a few minutes and some will say something like "this will disappear after you read it" etc.
0 Replies

proofreadmyfile

Thu 16 Apr, 2015 05:01 am
@tanguatlay,
You should use "contact us" page to contact modertaor.
0 Replies