The Soundtrack Is Downloaded

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 10:07 am
Sabs, Zep, Purple, Whitesnake, Ozzy, Dio...all on the MP3 player...now I'm going out for a ride.

What's the soundtrack of your life today?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,181 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 10:31 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Ozark Mtn Daredevils
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 11:21 am
I am listening to Tesla. They are coming to Balingen in June and I haven't heard anything from them yet. I like them! Looking forward to June...
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 11:26 am
Looper's Delight Subscriber's CD No. 1

Quote:
The World's First Compilation of Loop Music

Back in 1995, Matthias Grob (who invented the Paradis LoopDelay, predecessor to the Oberheim Echoplex) started collecting recordings of international looping musicians, planning to release a CD with loop based music. He soon found however that organizing and financing a loop CD without Internet communication (at this time, very few loop musicians were online) was too difficult, so this project was never realized.

In September 1996, Kim Flint started Looper's Delight. The mailing list grew quickly, and the idea to make a loop music CD together resurfaced very soon. On 22 October 1996, Ray Peck offered to "put together a comp CD of listfolk", and the Looper's Delight CD project was born. Ray compiled and mastered the submissions, defined the track sequence, designed the CD cover, and on the 14th September 1998, the CD was finally finished.

Looper's Delight Subscriber's CD No. 1 is the first ever CD compilation of loop based music.

It contains loop music of eleven very different musicians and groups from several countries (among them Matthias Grob), and it gives a good idea of the scope of music that can be based on loops - the tracks range from ambient sound clouds to virtuous acoustic guitar improvisations and avantgarde twelve-tone music.

Please also check out the Looper's Delight CD vol 2. Vol 2 features 22 tracks from loop based musicians on the Looper's Delight list.

http://www.loopers-delight.com/cd1/LDCD1.htm
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 03:46 pm
Today its Springsteen's "Better Days." I got married to my high school sweetheart 6 months ago after not seeing her for 35 years and my life has never been better.

Now I can realize the wisdom of Robert Browning who wrote:

Quote:
“Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made. Our times are in his hand who saith, 'A whole I planned, youth shows but half; Trust God: See all, nor be afraid!'”

And I got 6th row seats for the Boss playing in Pittsburg in May and 13th row in Atlanta later that month. so we intend to
Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 03:43 pm
@kuvasz,
Congratulations, Kuvasz! I married the love of my life after being apart from him for 17 yrs. We have been married for 26 yrs now. I hope she loves your dogs! Laughing
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 03:22 pm
@kuvasz,
That's awesome, kuvasz! I'm listening to 'Better Days' now with you Very Happy
July 2 in Munich! Sing with me... Wink
0 Replies