so what's for breakfast today?

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 10:18 am
@jcboy,
hopefully the awesome aroma of what I've got cooking will wake Set and the little dog up

onions/bell peppers/celery/diced black forest ham/yesterday's leftover potato wedges chopped coarsely/garlic

once everyone is awake I'll add eggs

it'll be a cousin of a frittata

Cousin Martha has some good frittata combos

http://www.marthastewart.com/1058784/frittata
Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 11:10 am
I had a woman once wake me up with a quick frittata.

Wonderful way to start the day.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 02:36 pm
@ehBeth,
Good link! Reminds me of my baked egg thing, originally from an asian recipe. I put all sorts of stuff in it..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 02:40 pm
This morning, I first had coffee and then a salmon/potato fishcake with tomato garlic dip; time to make another batch of fishcakes to freeze, next ones with tinned sardines. Followed that with a banana/stewed plum/yogurt/cocoa/almond milk smoothie.
Burp.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 03:32 pm
@ehBeth,
Frittata’s are fun to make and you can pretty much make them anyway you like, from a vegetarian frittata to sausage and eggs or hams and eggs. Plus it’s usually enough to have for breakfast again the second day!
ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 03:41 pm
@jcboy,
there's definitely going to be asparagus in the next frittata I make

today's was pretty damn fantastic and you're right - there are enough leftovers for at least Set to have another good meal

the little dog enjoyed the tiny samples she got
jcboy

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 08:08 am
@ehBeth,
I'm having coffee, when the other two get up I'm making french toast with slices of tomatoes on the side.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 03:14 pm
@jcboy,
met my friend Christine at Celena's Bakery

we had mini spinach quiches and shared a spiced apple donut muffin and an almond croissant

I had Imperial Earl Grey tea. Christine had Hag coffee.

It was a great little get-together and a very good breakfast ... though I needed that tea MUCH earlier
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 03:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Maybe a breakfast burrito tomorrow ~~~
The small white beans are crockpot done, that was relatively fast, with dashes of rosemary, thyme, bayleaf. I forgoed my usual addition of turmeric to anything. The tortillas are waiting (best brand to me here so far = El horno, no baddies in them that I can discern, plus they taste the best, to me. All flour tortillas in New Mexico that I have tried seem fluffy; I'm getting used to them. Somewhere I read that they are the Texas type, as distinguished from the Sonora, Mexico type. Dunno.

There is now a pot of good tasting beans, and waiting on the side are items I'd drain as best I could - roasted tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, st'd onions, fresh garlic, pre cooked kale, pre cooked green peppers and eggplant, two mild ital sausages, h/made ancho chile powder. Oh, and already made rice. Possibly scrambled egg in lieu of rice. I do this precooking and freezing on my splurge grocery days. May make a few different concoctions, some to freeze in wait for more tortillas.

Today's breakfast? a tin of sardines in louisiana hot sauce mixed with mashed potatoes and this and that and sauteed after coating in cornmeal - sardine fishcakes. Just one today, microwaved, with a mayo type dip on the side.
jcboy

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 09:12 am
@ossobuco,
I’m cooling a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon this morning. A little fresh fruit and orange juice. Razz
ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 09:15 am
@jcboy,
after you cool them ...

Wink

just wait til they are all teen/pre-teen

a pound of bacon will be for nibbles while they're waiting for breakfast (or cooking breakfast for everyone)
jcboy

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 09:20 am
@ehBeth,
haha, these Mac's changes your typing sometime Razz

Back to the stove!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 09:44 am
I'm cooking up a chicken/corn/tomato thing - lots of herbs/spices

smells yum

warming up some buns from the Jamaican bakery. So far everything from there has been delish. I'll pick up more on Monday.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 10:55 am
About to scramble eggs with garlic, mixed green bits, a smidge of curry pdr and black pepper, and have thawed the last of the homemade crumpets. Time to make more.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2009/09/18/butters-best-friend-crumpets/
ossobuco

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 12:11 pm
@ossobuco,
er, that's not the crumpet recipe I like. First of all, I don't use rings.. make them like pancakes, except the ingredients are different than pancakes and my crumpet recipe ingredients are also different than the one I linked. Oh, well.
I don't have a link for the one I use, because I had just copied it from a website and not saved a clue where I got it - dumb. Will post the whole thing if there is any interest.

Aha, I found it.
http://foppish-baker.blogspot.com/2005/12/crumpets.html

But - no rings, my lady!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 08:13 am
I’m going to make sausage patties, eggs, toast and have it with some fresh fruit for breakfast, then we’re all going to the San Diego Zoo. Alicia and Alex Martin have never been to a zoo before.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 08:21 am
@jcboy,
OMG, San Diego Zoo. I'll be waiting to hear. One of my favorite places there was (haven't been there in a while) the Aviary. And, much else, of course. It has a reputation as a very well run zoo, hope it's still true.

Breakfast, soon: two chicken patties - I make bunches at a time and freeze with leftover cooked chicken, mashed potatoes, egg(s), some mayo, some greenies, some garlic, chile of some sort, maybe some turmeric. Breadcrumbs if needed. Cornmeal coating before sauteing.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 06:58 pm
we had sausage links, leftover scalloped potatoes and eggs
yummy buns that the in-store bakery only makes for holiday weekends
really good oj

I think I'll have one of those buns with pb and cinnamon honey tonight
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 01:52 pm
A pot of black coffee, two BIG lines of meth and half a bottle of Pepto Bismol
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:16 am
I just got back from the gym. When this household wakes up I’m making sausage links and eggs for breakfast.
0 Replies