so what's for breakfast today?

Joeblow

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 08:30 am
Softly scrambled eggs with onions and peppers, hash browns, turkey bacon (surprisingly good ), and buttered whole wheat toast.

All the more delicious because someone else made it. An unexpected surprise. Thank you Joe little.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 07:44 am
@Joeblow,
sesame tsimis and serrano ham

tea is brewing
Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 07:52 am
@ehBeth,
I'm making pancakes and putting real maple syrup on 'em. However, when I step on the scale it groans and says, "One at a time, please!"
farmerman

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 09:11 am
@Ragman,
much mapling going on down there in Florida eh?
I think with climate change, we are going to lose Maple syrup entirely becasue the CAnadians are gonna keep it up there for their fucvkin Tim Hortons Maple Glazed donuts. DROOOOOL
ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 09:18 am
@farmerman,
Sardine potato fishcake with dollop of sour cream with chopped dill pickle in it

more coffee
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 09:27 am
@farmerman,
Yup! I've got the palm trees all tapped.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 09:29 am
almond butter and wild blueberry jam on a bun with some kind of fancy, stinky, smoked cheese on the side
Joeblow

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 09:55 am
@ehBeth,
I'm toasting up some decadent cheese bread right now and intend to slather it with some salted butter. Later, I'm throwing all the left overs into a big heavy pan and I'm going to fry the hash until it's golden brown.

Oh! Toaster popped!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 10:20 am
@Joeblow,
Hi, Joeblow!

A sardine potato fishcake with zucchini pickle mayo, cup of hot tea
Joeblow

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 11:11 am
@ossobuco,
Hi Osso! I love potato pancakes once in a while if other people make them. Ha, I'm not sure what my problem is. But if I have them, you know, the ones that other people make, they usually have just a bit of seasoning and a little green onion. Served with sour cream.

With your fish cakes, do you grind up the sardines before adding them to the mixture? Coat in breadcrumbs?
farmerman

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 11:40 am
made up some wunnerful scrapple and eggs this morning.
Eggs fresh from the chickens ass and scrapple from the RAPA company (Ralph and Paul scrapple company of Delaware).
It was really great, scrapple nice and crisp served with molasses and the egss over very easy.
OJ and Lapsang tea,
Whole wheat toast

Its been a while since we had scrapple for breakfast
glitterbag

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 12:09 pm
@farmerman,
Today, an Eggbeater omelet, tablespoon of montery jack shredded cheese, salt and pepper. Mixed all together it makes a great egg dish. Oh and slice of marble rye toast.

It's hard to get farm raised eggs. We had a small butcher shop that provided local beef, chicken, pork and divine fresh eggs. Sadly they closed after about 6 years when Wegmans arrived in the County.

A slice of scrapple sounds awfully good. For some reason I never liked maple syrup. I think it's too sweet for me, never been fond of uber sweet things.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 12:10 pm
@Joeblow,
No, I use (unfortunately) tinned sardines in hot louisiana sauce, or mustard sauce. I put them in a bowl that already has an egg that I had stirred up and some leftover mashed potatoes, mashing all that together. If I don't have enough potatoes to make it the right consistency, I add some bread crumbs - but I usually have enough potatoes. I'll add pepper and probably some turmeric too. I make them into patties and press the patties on both sides with cornmeal, and then saute in some oil with or without a smidge of butter. I take them out when they are tan or brown on both sides - all that has to get cooked really is the egg..

On pancakes, I bought some scallions to make scallion pancakes on Friday..

re sardines - I've also used canned mackeral or canned pink salmon; one of these days I'll play with tuna fishcakes.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 03:21 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
A slice of scrapple sounds awfully good. For some reason I never liked maple syrup
Id never use Maple syrup on scrapple. Maple syrup is for things like waffles (Made from our own recipe). We use Blackstrap molasses on scrapple. Its only moderately sweet and it goes perfectly with scrapple. Please don't tell me you like scrapple with ketchup. That is so Baltimore.
"D' ya want ketchup on yer scrapple Hon?"
ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 03:23 pm
@farmerman,
Moutard. I like moutard with scrapple.

Nearly everything is tastier with mustard.
farmerman

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 03:35 pm
@ehBeth,
hmmm. Il have to try it on a chunk first. Im happy with the bit o sweet that molasses imparts.
It may be a cultural thing. All the Pennsy Dutch use too much sweet on their foods.
0 Replies

hamburgboy

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 10:01 pm
@farmerman,
give me some nice scrapple please - it should be crisp on the outside - and serve it with cup of strong and hot coffee !

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/476909/scrapple.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 10:09 am
@hamburgboy,
french toast with a side of reheated potatoes/onions/carrots/lentils/diced peameal bacon
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 08:39 am
I think bacon and eggs are in order today. It's been a long time since I've had the pleasure, and I've got both items in the fridge. There's whole grain bread, too.
George

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 09:10 am
Blueberry bagel lightly toasted with a schmeer.
Chai Tea latte -- I'm off coffee for a while.
0 Replies