http://able2know.org/topic/107730-1#post-2964880
ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 07:56 pm
@ehBeth,
a hot dog at the CNE
spendius

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 01:18 pm
@ehBeth,
I got up late and perforce had to amalgamate breakfast and dinner. Dinner is the mid-day meal in the common circles in northern England. It is Lunch at the posh end and Brunch for the in betweens. One goes to lunch and one has mi dinner. There's a different emphasis. Going to lunch is more abstract but not post-modern.

Although lunch does rhyme with crunch, munch, scrunch and bunch. Maybe it's not as posh as it thinks it is. Rhymes conjure unconscious harmonies and lunch sounds like the mandibles of some large insect working its way through a nutrient bed to me.

So--I had apple juice, porrige and a banana, my usual breakfast, it keeps me going, and baked beans on toast with wholemeal bread and 2 fingers of a Kit-Kat out of the fridge and two cups of strong, slightly sugared tea followed by a sweet coffee. 3 roll-ups while fiddling about on A2K and I was ready to go for a tough afternoon helping Gordon Brown to replenish the banks.
JLNobody

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 04:51 pm
@spendius,
Oh Spendius, after seeing what you eat, I forgive everthing you've said. Poor thing.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 05:23 pm
@spendius,
Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream.

Coffee with cream.

2 cups.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 09:40 am
@Joeblow,
old cheddar, gypsy salami, sliced tomatos - melted on pumpernickel

English Breakfast tea - giant mug, 1 sugar cube, a bit of ff milk

I'm feeling quite autumnal
farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 03:09 pm
@ehBeth,
I bought several egg cups at a yard sale this AM and rushed home and sterilized them. AFter which I made several 3 minute eggs (our hens are still alaying) . Served with toast and tabasco . Lady Gray tea (its a bit less caffienated than the Earl Gray), and a banana each. Thats held me till now. We are going for supper at some friends who are vegetarians and I ousghta secure all kinds of plenary indulgences for eating like that all day.

I didnt even have a Reeses Pnut butter cup
ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 06:34 pm
@farmerman,
Lady Grey is one of my early evening teas.

Fresh eggs. I am envious.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 09:33 pm
@ehBeth,
grocery store packaged roast beef product, mayo, on slice of pan bigio with sesame seeds; grapefruit juice, coffee w/milk splash.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 09:32 am
@ossobuco,
cinnamon raisin toast "with Extra Raisins"
buttered with a chunk of old cheddar on the side

2 big mugs of English Breakfast tea
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 07:03 pm
it was a sort of two breakfast day

we (Set, Thomas, Joeblow, Mr Joeblow, me) found things to snack on to start the day - bread/cheese/butter tarts/leftover pasta with chicken

then ... Mr Joeblow made the most awesome Eggs Benedict with peameal bacon! Wow, what a meal. Given the steaks he'd prepared on the bbq the night before, and the superb hospitality he showed "the internet weirdos" we all had more than enough evidence that Mr Joeblow is more than your average keeper.
Intrepid

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 03:38 am
Eggs (over easy), sausage, toast (french), coffee (black), strawberries
ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 08:52 am
@Intrepid,
I rendered a couple of thinthinthin slices of pancetta in a pan. Tossed in half a pound of sliced mushrooms and one small diced maple-smoked ham steak. Pulled the pancetta out once it was crispy. Scrambled four eggs into the ham/mushroom mess. Threw on a handful of shredded cheeses. Put a lid over top. Served the mushroom/ham/cheese sorta omelette on a crusty Italian bun, with the pancetta crisps on top. Canadian farm-style chili sauce (sorta chunky ketchup) on the side.

A nice big cup of English Breakfast tea.

All is well right now.

ahhhhhhhhhh
JLNobody

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 02:34 pm
@ehBeth,
I think I've found my thanksgiving dinner, and my next wife.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 05:14 pm
@ehBeth,
(I love eggs benedict, I do, but I don't remember the last time cheese and bread tasted so good!) What was that cheese, do you remember? An old cheddar, yes, but what kind? I've been thinking about it. I'd like to try that again.

Today I fried up some thick cut smoked bacon and added it to some old Baldersons white cheddar and grilled it up on rye. Very good, but maybe a bit too sharp (until today I didn't think there was such a thing, but I might have prefered a milder cheese). But, it's what I had, so I'm not complaining.

Lots of fresh coffee with cream. I'm hooked on the smell.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 05:21 pm
@Joeblow,
Breakfast - the last of the leftover homemade pizza (fresh mozzarella, sweet onion slivers, garlic, fresh ital sausage bits), microwaved. Two cups coffee/little half and half.
Heh, four pieces of candied orange peel, since I was reminded of it by another a2k thread.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 05:25 pm
@ossobuco,
Coolest breakfast ever. The only way you could have made it better was to pop the pizza into the oven or toaster oven to heat it up! Very Happy
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 05:49 pm
I cup of frosted mini-wheats with 3/4 cup 2% milk.

late morning snack: one small banana.

until you go on a diet and start measuring, you don't realize how little there is in 'one cup' of mini-wheats! :-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 08:11 pm
@Joeblow,
That was an Empire cheddar. It was marvellous, wasn't it.

I saw them at the Royal - their cheese and butter award-winning again this year. I was able to nod knowingly - ahhh yes, we just had some of that at the get-together.

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2186632

I didn't realize how small a facility they had. I recommend getting some of their butter next time you're up there - good stuff, Vern.
Joeblow

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 05:29 pm
@ehBeth,
Great! Thanks!