Is my blood pressure too low?

dontbeanassnomore

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 11:18 am
Setanta. I want to agree with you that there is something so pathetic about people who think threads like this one are all about them. So pathetic that one would spend actual time trying to prove something. However, you might be surprised (re-read the thread, start to finish) that the people who are this pathetic and desperate, aren't in fact, the people who merely defend themselves for their own good. The truth is, the culprit can be found in YOU, the person with an ego big and blind enough to try to DISPROVE. How sad is it that you put more energy into trying to make TTH sound wrong and back down from what is clearly a thread about you, then you did using your egotistical brain to try to think about a reason for the "maybe-medical-mystery"? It's sad. Trying to disprove someone who was posting something interesting? Shame on you. Spending multiple posts telling other posters the answers and facts about their questions and things as if you own the site? Annoying! Oh and I loved your shpeel about your own medical training personally. Of course if someone were to merely Suggest that maybe they didn't believe that you know jack **** (and you were to post some papers to prove it) thanks to your schooling on unnecessary disbelief, TTC and I will be sure to go on and on comparing YOUR facts and eventually quote you on this : "this thread is not about you, leave already"! You are the self absorbed one. Do like I said and re-read everything. You will see how pathetic being mean for no reason online is. Grow up, be compassionate. Not a know it all queen bee. P.S. TTH: true or not, I would have stuck up for myself too and my best wishes to your blood pressure in the future.
Sincerely, woman with medical degree who got sucked into a random blog for the first time and likely wont return because of space hogs like Setanta who act pretentious for attention.
0 Replies

ELISHA777

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2017 09:27 am
I'd like to add my two cents.. in 2010 I called my dad to ask him too take me to hospital because I couldn't stand, kept coming in and out of consciousness, my skin was a lovely shade of grey and my bluish lips were au Naturale.. by the time we got to the ER the triage nurse took me straight in to a resuscitation bed and hooked me up to IV's, BP, O2 level, and lots and lots of bloods.. my BP was 35/28, and although I was grey and felt like death warmed up, the on-call doctor came in and told me too go home and rest.. the nurse started to argue with him in front of me saying my BP was way too low and something was seriously wrong with me, but she got told off & sent on a break too calm down. She came back and apologised and said she had tried everything but there was nothing more she could do so they're discharging me and sending me home to die.. well basically anyway. An hour after getting home the phone rang with a very apologetic doctor asking ever so kindly for me too please come back in as they'd made a terrible call & I was really sick with a bacterial infection in my heart, endocarditis & if I didn't come back in immediately I'd die. My dad had already carried me in to the hospital then returned me home, and now I had to ask him to do it again because the doctor's can't see the obvious.. a severely low BP could lead to coma or death, and with my heart not functioning to the best of its ability, without medication intervention, a pic line placed directly into my heart to dose antibiotics to the required damaged organ.. I was in for six weeks, it took two years til I almost felt normal again, unfortunately I have been diagnosed with Epilepsy & no medication helps stabilise it so I have a full time carer in case I have a seizure and hurt myself worse than if I was solo. Life throughs us many ongoing challenges, it is not how we fix em that will be remembered, it is how we get thru whatever comes our way and we get an opportunity to grow from it as well.. lift truly is a gift.. we must appreciate it, and make the most of every day, as if it were out last. Let nothing keep you from your true dreams. All the best too all who are struggling, just remember at our lowest is when we learn we are never alone, our true friends, loyal family & kind empathetic strangers are there when we need them. Thank God!
0 Replies