The Fallen Angel - A true story about Lucifer

JPR

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 11:53 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
You people are so ******* stupid! Don't you know that God and Satan are in
ka- hoots together. Satan is still on God's side. It's like good cops bad cops. God try's to persuade you to do what's right and satan turns around and test's and tempts you into doing what is wrong to see if you have enough balls to resist him. Then when you die God gives you over to satan if you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour. I personally think that it's a bunch of bull **** but according to christian doctrine that's just the way it is. My thought is, since god created us with sin in our hearts and knows that we are fallible then why do we have to die and go to hell if we don't beg God for forgiveness obviously it is no fault of our own if indeed we were created that way. Sounds to me that we were created by a being that didn't want to take responsibility for the imperfection that he created us with. I don't want any of you **** heads telling me about the story of Adam and ******* Eve. First of all that's a bull **** story and second of all why should all of humanity have to suffer by inheriting the mistakes of two **** ups. Seriously, eating the fruit of knowledge of good and evil shouldn't cause any one to sin it should open ones eyes to what is right and wrong and cause them to do what is right instead of wrong. I believe in God too but I don't think he is in control, for if he truly were he wouldn't let some little cruel son of a bitch run around causing havoc up on the world and the humans that he created.
neologist

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 12:07 pm
@JPR,
Then why did the serpent accuse God of lying in Genesis 2:4?
chai2

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 04:35 pm
@neologist,
It's all part of the cover up.

Don't you know anything?
neologist

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 04:46 pm
@chai2,
Well. I wasn't there.

Were you?
chai2

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 04:56 pm
@neologist,
Yes. I was.

The serpent never said that. Some guy just had some other guy write that in some book, and too many people have been stupid enough to believe it.
neologist

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 07:00 pm
@chai2,
OK
Hmm
But the lie is there nevertheless
I know it's not your fault, though.
chai2

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 07:22 pm
@neologist,
Yes, but attention should be drawn to the fact it was fabricated out of whole cloth.

Adam would make all kinds of **** up to try to force Eve to do whatever he wanted.

She just had enough of it one day and said "You keep telling me this is paradise. This ain't paradise bub, it's some patch of palm trees with a good water source.....and let me tell ya Adam, it's FREEZING here at night."

She was just fed up, and frankly, he was kind of a douchebag.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 07:40 pm
@neologist,
Dude, the Eve part of the story was fabricated to give men an excuse to dominate women. Most of the rest of it is aimed at controlling the masses - to keep them from overrunning the rich and governments (same thing, I guess) - a powerful drug to maintain control over the impoverished, enslaved, and disenfranchised. Every society has a religion with the same basic tenets. People are considered basically evil by their rulers, and this tidy plot was hatched to give them a fear in some secret supernatural grandpa who can see what you're doing all the time - like a Santa Claus who can send you to hell or punish you with car crashes and dead children while you're living.

The ones who plink this string against the masses can use any geological or meteorological event, any bad thing that happens and manipulate it to condemn the "ungodly," frighten the non-tithers, or supply voters for the politicians who line their pockets.

Doesn't any of the rhetoric ever make you shake your head?

I am glad at least the prevailing woman-hating religion in my part of the world didn't lead to Mandatory Clitoral Removal as it does in countries with other patriarchal religions
chai2

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 07:45 pm
@Lash,
Nice.

You sounded just like Dennis Miller there Lash.

I love Dennis Miller.

Now I don't want to go off on a rant here.....

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 08:51 pm
@neologist,
Don't Lash me chai!
It would be well to point out here that oppression of women is the legacy of a priesthood that has obfuscated God's word for some 60 centuries in order to keep both men and women in subjugation.

That's what the threat of hell fire is all about. If hell were to be a consequence,
they would surely have been warned.
chai2

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 07:32 am
@neologist,
There's a lot of obfuscation goin' on right there in what you said.
neologist

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 09:56 am
@chai2,
Oh, the Lash!

I was pretty sure you had not fallen for the hell story. I was right, right?
Lash

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 04:10 pm
@neologist,
Neo, back when I shared belief in the bible, I probably would've taken my diatribe personally. Religion can be pretty personal. I thought later about this, and wanted to say I didn't intend it against you. I despise how religion is used to divide and control good people.

chai2

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 04:19 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Oh, the Lash!

I was pretty sure you had not fallen for the hell story. I was right, right?

I meant I can't figure out what the hell you're saying. I was just using the fancy word you used.

To be truthful, I have zero interest in anything in the bible. I think it's a shitty, stupid book full of misinformation and all sorts of crazy crap.
neologist

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:08 pm
@chai2,
Oh, OK.
A lot of folks think that
neologist

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:10 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Neo, back when I shared belief in the bible, I probably would've taken my diatribe personally. Religion can be pretty personal. I thought later about this, and wanted to say I didn't intend it against you. I despise how religion is used to divide and control good people.
No problem.
The sins of the priests are not the fault of God.
Lash

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:15 pm
@neologist,
I hear you trying to focus problems with the bible and religion and the portrayal of God on priests, but I'm pretty sure you know it goes much deeper than that.

If you want to have an open, critical discussion about it, just speak up.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 07:58 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Oh, OK.
A lot of folks think that

What? That they can't figure out what you're trying to say?

If you meant the other part, I don't need your ok to not care one way or another about a particular book of fiction.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 07:59 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

The sins of the priests are not the fault of God.

But it's the puppy that makes demands, not the priest.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 10:14 pm
I'm sorry for being flippant. It just seemed superfluous to conduct an intelligent theological discussion on a thread devoted to lucifer