Prawo Jazdy: Ireland's worst driver

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 12:57 pm
The mystery of Ireland's worst driver

Quote:
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45492000/jpg/_45492253_prawojazdy.jpg Details of how police in the Irish Republic finally caught up with the country's most reckless driver have emerged.

He had been wanted from counties Cork to Cavan after racking up scores of speeding tickets and parking fines.

However, each time the serial offender was stopped he managed to evade justice by giving a different address.

But then his cover was blown.

It was discovered that the man every member of the Irish police's rank and file had been looking for - a Mr Prawo Jazdy - wasn't exactly the sort of prized villain whose apprehension leads to an officer winning an award.

In fact he wasn't even human.

"Prawo Jazdy is actually the Polish for driving licence and not the first and surname on the licence," read a letter from June 2007 from an officer working within the Garda's traffic division.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,873 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 01:58 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Gotta love it. I thought it was going to be a Polish joke. Turns out it's an Irish joke.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 07:27 am
Ah, you beat me to it! :-) My colleague just sent me this story now, and I came here to post it. It's hilarious :-D
0 Replies