Torchwood Season 4 Mini-Series "Children of Earth" Trailer!

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 09:47 am
The "Torchwood" trailer is not available on Torchwood, BBS USA, and it is enticing:

http://bbcamerica.com/content/262/index.jsp?bc_id=1321

http://www.bbcamerica.com/media/262/tw_coe_banner.jpg

Oh, oh, there's a brief flash of Jack kissing Ianto again -- where is this leading to? The unconfirmed underground rumor is that Gareth David-Lloyd will leave the series to do more with his music. On Gareth's site, he's disavowing music is going to be more important than acting. Has anyone heard his band?

"Children of Earth" starts sometime in June but no definite schedule has been announced. It will play for two weeks on BBCAmerica, perhaps the SCI-FI channel and HD Net in Hi Def. It's in six parts.

Two of the main charactes are now dead --

Captain Jack Harness:

"Toshiko Sato and Owen Harper died in the line of duty. I lost them. I failed them. It feels like a piece of me has been cut out. And while I can’t die, losing people I love is much, much worse. Every time, you think this one won’t hurt as much as the last, but it does, it gets harder every time."

Will there be new characters who will be Torchwood agents or some brought back from the past? Literally, as the team has slipped back-and-forth into the past.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,867 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 09:54 am
Of, course, the trailer is now available, I did a typo. Drunk
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 02:02 pm
I haven't watched Torchwood, but I've seen the characters in Doctor Who crossovers.
0 Replies

GeorgiaD

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 05:23 pm
@Lightwizard,
The unconfirmed rumour is that Ianto dies in season 3, the rest is pointless speculation from Doctor Who Forum members, for some reason the blogs chose the silliest of all the speculations to repost.

I heard his band, I like the music they play, but it's David-Lloyd's hobby. He's an actor, and his bandmates are all in another band which is a more serious project.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 05:50 pm
@Lightwizard,
Is Torchwood any good? I watched a few of the first episodes and found it only "ok". Does it get better?

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 08:36 pm
@rosborne979,
There are great episodes, especially the time travel theme, that are far superior to the first two episodes. They were finding their feet in Season One but Season Two was of an even quality. It's one of the few shows shot with high def digital cameras, not film, and makes Dr. Who look really, really fuzzy. Season One and Two are available on DVD, for rental on NetFlix online.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 09:01 pm
@Lightwizard,
Maybe I'll download a few more from iTunes and check them out. Any particular episodes I should download?
Lightwizard

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 07:55 am
@rosborne979,
Season One Episode 10 "Out of Time"

It stands on its own without know an awful lot from the previous episodes except that there has been a time rift opened. As the series progresses, there are sub-plots, appearances of characters from another time and a trip by some of the Torchwood agents back in time, which is likely the best episode. I'll try to find it. Bear in mind that Jack Harness is from another time, has encountered Dr. Who and he is invincible (he cannot be killed).

Three passengers from 1953 arrive in modern day Cardiff, when their plane flies through the Rift. With no means of travelling back, each person must adapt to their new life, starting personal relationships with the separate members of Torchwood.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 11:03 am
@rosborne979,

12. Captain Jack Harkness
First aired: 1/1/2007
Writer: Catherine Tregenna
Director: Ashley Way
Guest star: Matt Rippy (Captain Jack Harkness), Murray Melvin (Bilis Manger), Gavin Brocker (George)
Global rating: 8.8

A Jack-themed episode
Whilst investigating an old, derelict dance hall, Jack and Tosh are transported back to the 1940s, during the Blitz. Owen, Ianto, and Gwen realise, in modern day, that this has happened, and go in search of clues Tosh may have left. Meanwhile, back in the forties, Jack meets a very interesting man. One with the name Captain Jack Harkness...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 01:13 pm
Here's a review of the series including thumbnail reviews of each episode. I generally agree with him, but Jack Harness is superhuman and, of course, is going to end up saving the fallible human team more often than not.

Link:

http://madali.livejournal.com/174375.html
0 Replies