Repairing concrete driveway

MEC

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 11:19 am
My Driveway is degrading away and is starting to take part of the street with it. I would like to repair this myself. I can do the concrete work but am not sure about the street part. Any ideas?
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r461/noznightowl/Home%20Repair/IMG_1186.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r461/noznightowl/Home%20Repair/IMG_1188.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r461/noznightowl/Home%20Repair/IMG_1190.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 4,918 • Replies: 11
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 04:32 pm
MEC, I've never done concrete work on my driveway, but I would think that the street repair is the responsibility of the community in which you live. You might want to check with city hall before you begin your project.
roger

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 06:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Definately check with city hall. It is almost a certainty there will be a required permit for anything connecting your driveway with a city street.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 06:56 pm
In my experience, the concrete that is in line with the city sidewalk has to be either done by the city, and you pay, or you do it according to their standards and there is an inspector from the city at the site during the pour. In any case, check with the city or county.
0 Replies

MEC

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 09:02 am
That's what I was afraid of. Having the city involved and I pay (for the repair of the street). I kinda don't want to bring it to their attention because then I might get fined for not fixing it, or have them do it and charge me an arm and a leg at a price I'm not be able to afford right now!
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 09:24 am
@MEC,
MEC, You can always make an inquiry with city hall as an anonymous, interested, citizen.

E.g., "What are the city's responsibility of the road leading up to a driveway of a private home that must also be repaired?"
MEC

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 08:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks cicerone imposter,
Great idea! Exactly what I will do tomorrow morning.
JTT

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 10:50 pm
@MEC,
From what I can see in the pics, your driveway doesn't all that bad but what appears to be the city sidewalk looks pretty rough.
0 Replies

jasonpalmer

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 03:17 am
@MEC,
Hey, MEC, It's good to make concrete part of your own. According to me, you should take some helpful hints from the professional about how to remodel the driveways.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 10:42 am
@MEC,
Did you know that all your photos are now showing? It says, Photo not found. It also says, click for photo, but that doesn't work either.
Ragman

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 10:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
MEC is gone, it seems. He/she has been silent on A2K for 7 yrs
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 11:04 am
@Ragman,
Thanks, Ragman. I'm no-good at looking for dates. I don't know if its age related or not.
0 Replies