Sand/rocks in bathtub?

Butrflynet

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 04:34 pm
@Mame,
How large a tub are we talking about? Are we talking about the standard contractor's narrow tub found in 90% of homes or are we talking about one of these large sunken tubs that you can swim around in?

Perhaps we're all thinking of the contractor's narrow tub while you're thinking of the olympic pool sized tub.

If the pool sized tub, I can easily see why you'd want to be displacing a lot of water and there are probably some ready solutions for that if it isn't confined to the size of a standard narrow tub.

Basically, is your tub the size of the one with the couple in the tub full of rose petals or is it the size of the tub where the man is providing his own bubbles?
Mame

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 05:24 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

is it the size of the tub where the man is providing his own bubbles?

????? LOL

I am thinking it's a regular sized tub Smile But I could be wrong - who knows? After all, it IS Chai's tub and she may do other things in there (rolfing comes to mind)... who knows what that girl is up to in her own home?
Butrflynet

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 05:41 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Butrflynet wrote:

is it the size of the tub where the man is providing his own bubbles?

????? LOL

http://able2know.org/topic/128696-3#post-3556360

Look at the cartoon caption. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Mame

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 08:14 pm
LOL

Okay short answer for heat = obviously an electric blanket!

Okay short answer for water conservation - stand in tub in electric blanket (turned to ON) and pour jug of water over your head. Quick and easy. However, it's hard to get soap residue out of the blanket and off your skin, so take my other answer (above) seriously.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 08:28 pm
If it is one of those large sunken bath tubs, some large boulder-sized river rocks along one side would work. Another would be some of those glass bricks they use as room dividers to provide light into both rooms.

You could also gather a collection of those 5 gallon water jugs that are delivered by the Culligan Man or Sparklets Man once a week. Fill those jugs with the sand you're keen to use, cap 'em and set them down in the tub.

If it is one of those narrow tubs, use the same ideas above, but on a much smaller scale.
ossobuco

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 09:21 pm
From Mame -
1. Use hot water in hot water bottles instead of sand bags.

What am I, chopped liver? The problem re water is, I think, that Chai doesn't like the idea of old water, however sterile.
0 Replies

JTT

Sun 1 Feb, 2009 11:54 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
it's not like there's a lot of traffic going through my bathroom when I'm taking a bath.

You might want to consider this, Chai2. It could pay for the bathtub of your choice.
0 Replies

blissfulgirl

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 02:53 pm
@Butrflynet,
I love this whole thread!!! I was searching everywhere for ideas to do the exact same thing, but in a larger old inside hot tub where the jets and engine no longer work but could be terrific for a plain soaking tub if I could cut down the overall size/volume of water b/c the shape of the tub has a big well in the bottom where you'd put your feet. Thanks Butrflynet, I'm going to try the glass bricks idea, sounds like it could even be semi perm solution, not wanting to do the whole change it out every time deal.

Big thanks to Chai2 (?) for raising the question and keeping the conversation alive, I wish I knew ya in person!
0 Replies

lucyralph

Tue 7 May, 2013 04:55 am
@Mame,
Hi lucy I dnt think this is good idea better discuss with some good plumber or some experts. they will give you better idea do that.
0 Replies

jenifferestrada

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 03:11 am
A snake throughout the remains with water in the tub to help wash it away is the only way. The big question is WHERE did the sand came from? You could gather a collection of those water jugs that are delivered by the Sparkles Man once a week. Fill those jugs with the sand you're devoted to use and set them down in the tub.
0 Replies