ways to call someone fat

dirrtydozen22

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 01:47 pm
@maporsche,
it's not a matter of too much food, just a matter of more food than their bodies care to metabolize. It's different for every people.
maporsche

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 02:21 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Yeah, that's what I said. But it's not THAT different. Basal Metabolic Rate is the resting metabolism that most people refer to, it's relatively close for pretty much everyone.

Too much food for your body.

People complain because Steve across the street can eat like a goat and never gain weight, but if I have a piece of cheesecake it goes to my ass.

GET OVER IT!
chai2

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 10:40 pm
@Green Witch,
I agree green witch.

as caustic as I can be, I do know these are real people I'm addressing. It's not some imaginary world were I'm talking to myself.

btw drewdad, your thread on 1000 ways to call someone stupid?

I have never gone onto that thread, it just didn't seem interesting.

Kind of like threads that were titled the insult thread (if I remember correctly) if I went on that one to even look at, I can't remember.

My opinion is, as Dr. Phil as it sounds, is that if you have to go out of your way to insult someone for being overweight, for instance, that's just making up for insecurities in another part of your own life.

Hey, don't jump on me for this, I'm including myself in this. I know I've insulted people, and for some of that I'm sorry.

something just popped into my mind....a post from a long time ago made by an A2ker...

This person was in a room with several people who where eating mcdonalds. This one overweight girl had eaten something like 2 big macs and was reaching into the bag for another. He made some comment to her I can't remember exactly, something like "you're really fat already, do you really think you need to eat another one?"

I do remember my response to that post.

I told the poster that if I had been that girl I would have looked him straight in the eye and told him to go **** himself.

There's a difference between good natured bantering, with faux fights and insults, all in good fun because the people involve truly like each other, and sitting around thinking of ways to call someone fat.

I hope anyone who does that gets told to get fucked.

Put that in your lol and smoke it.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 09:43 am
So, anyway: y'all are so fat, you have to use a mattress to wipe your asses.
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 09:45 am
@Gargamel,
you are so fat you should be a trampoline for the children of africa
Gargamel

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 09:48 am
@shewolfnm,
Creative and political. I'm impressed.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 09:50 am
@maporsche,
Maporsche, you apparently ignored that I wrote my metabolism changed due to my one year liquid fast program to lose 100 pounds. This was a medical experiment program. The doctors wanted to learn if people, after the fasting, could maintain their weight loss. The results indicated that most of the fasters regained their lost weight plus even more. This surprised the doctors until their research showed that the fasters' bodies thought they were being starved and their metabolism changed to protect their bodies. They also discovered that their metabolism didn't return to normal after the fast, which is why they regained more weight than they had lost. They also learned why dieting without liquid fasting results in the same sort of weight gain after concluding dieting. Sorry for the non-medical language I'm using here to describe the effect of fasting on the metabolism. Most of the fast participants had the same results that I had. One women maintained about 60 percent of her waist loss due to her vigerous exercise with a trainer. Unfortunately, I couldn't exercise because of my disabilities.

I have some questions for you maporsche. How old are you? Have you ever had any physical disabilities? Have you ever been fat - more than 20 pounds over your desired weight for your height? Many people with your apparent attitude have never had a weight problem. Just wondering why you cannot walk in other people's shoes and understand them?

BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 09:54 am
Gargamel, I guess I wasted my time trying to educate people who think it's funny to play the part of the schoolyard bully.

BBB
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 10:16 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Im 29. Never had any disabilites. I was overweight. I weighed 220lbs at the start of 2008. That is about 40lbs overweight for my height. I'm now down to 185, but my body composition is healthy.

So yeah ive been overweight.

I'd be curious to hear more about your study. I'm always skeptical when I hear phrases like 'they gained the weight back'. Those phrases are meaningless unless their caloric intake was closely monitored afterward. If I went on a liquid diet for a year and lost weight, but when the diet was done I ate breakfast lunch and dinner at dairy queen and gained all the weight back, well that doesn't mean that a reduced calorie diet isn't enough to lose weight.

So fine, your metabolism slows down, there's a simple solution to keep you from gaining weight. Eat less food.
jespah

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 12:01 pm
@maporsche,
If it was exactly that, then fasting would actually be the perfect way to lose weight. Want to lose weight? Intake no calories whatsoever, and exercise like a fiend. Burn, burn, burn those calories, and don't add any more. And yeah, you'll drop the pounds.

But you'll also, very likely, put them back. Because starvation mode is very real.

I, too, did liquid dieting, many years ago. And I lost weight. I kept it off for maybe a year, then gained it back and more. By the time I was ready to start, it was years later and, yes, it didn't all come back in one shot. I don't blame the liquid diet for that. But starting last year was not started at 220 or so like I was when I started the liquid diet. It was 346. It was not a pleasant place to be.

BTW, at 346, I walked 30 minutes/day and ate as a flexitarian. That part did not change when I began losing weight.

I did it with the following:
* restricting myself to 1800 calories/day. Not 0 and not 400 (which is what I had on the liquid diet). 1800.
* tracking my food so as to make sure I conformed to the 1800 standard.
* eating a variety of foods and nutrients. This includes fat. Eliminating all fat from your diet is not a good idea; there's a reason why we eat it. It's for satiety and flavor but also for things like skin, hair and connective tissue.
* more exercise, including weight training. I do more cardio now, too. Before I started, I did about enough cardio to maintain. Now I do more cardio, which is to burn calories. Weight training is to build muscle, and muscle is heavier and denser than body fat, but it also kicks up your metabolic rate. Hence someone who cannot exercise much is by definition not going to have a metabolism running like a freight train.
* cutting salt drastically and essentially following a DASH diet even though my blood pressure is excellent. Salt helps you retain water and that weighs more than 0.
* cutting processed foods and not eating out as much. Processed foods are often cheaper and usually easier to make. It is easy to fall into the trap of eating them and, frankly, time doesn't grow on trees. But cut them you must, as they have lots of hidden salt and fat and less nutritional content than fresh food or at least foods you make yourself. You need to know what you're eating, which goes back to tracking.
* taking a weight loss drug, alli. It is not for everyone. It has probably only helped me lose about 15 - 25% of the weight I have dropped. Its main virtue has been in keeping me honest about what I put in my mouth. You can't lie to alli. I could have done this without alli but it helps to have a lot of good early success as it gets and keeps you motivated.
* examining my reasons for overeating. I was a really mindless eater, finishing a bag of chips and wondering how I'd done that so fast. I am now a lot more conscious of what I consume. This is a habit that's very hard to unlearn, as are a lot of habits of the obese, such as emotional eating or marrying food to socializing. This is introspection and it's not easy. Knowing yourself is, I feel, important.
* drinking water. Not only do I drink water rather than a lot of milk (I have 1 c. milk/day; used to have more like 4) so I save calories, but I also drink more of it in general. It makes it easier to exercise and it helps with feelings of fullness. It also helps because thirst is often confused with hunger so if I drink 0 calorie water (or minimal calorie flavored water), it's better than having a muffin. Plus eating better means more fiber, and that can smack you with constipation (sorry to be icky, but it's a fact). Lots of water means it all flows that much more smoothly. And that means (a) you can eat better and (b) you don't feel so bloated and crampy that you don't feel like exercising.

Yes, I've got caloric restriction and extra activity going on, but those are not the only things happening. This is not a simple system. It is a system as complicated as the weather. But it can be done. For me it's been amazing. But for others, mileage may vary.

The bottom line is less in the losing, it's in the maintaining. Only something like 5% of all people who lose weight keep it off for a significant period of time (I believe the standard is 5 years). I want to be in that 5%, and that's even harder because of all the weight I've lost and have to continue losing. I mean, my current weight is your overweight! And I have another 76 or so to go! It is not easy, and it has to be worked on every single day, for the rest of my days. I am not saying it is Sisyphian, but this is not a matter of do this once and you're all set. This is a chronic process, to be repeated daily, hopefully for another 40, 50, 60 years.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 01:49 pm
@jespah,
Jespah, I admire your determination and know you will succeed.

I was not about to blow my efforts to lose 100 pounds by not eating any food for an entire year. I knew if I did it just once, I might not be able to get back on the fast program. When I ended the fast, I restricted my diet as directed by the program and did not want to fail. I did a lot of the things you did except exercise. I can't even use walking as exercise because of my damaged knee. I kept a record of the food I ate and turned it in to the post fast director who monitored me. I attended post fast classes for nearly a year. I tried to use an exercise bike but my doctor told me not to as I would further injure my knee stability. So I swam every day because that was the one thing I could do. The pounds still came back. The doctors said my metabolism was the problem in addition to my inability to exercise.

I also had an Osteoporosis event in the middle of my spine during the fast but the doctors were not interested in why and only recorded it. I'm currently in the third year of a four year osteoporosis drug study and my bone density seems to be ok.

One interesting thing that happened while I was on the fast. I've had severe arthritis since my twenties. Within two weeks after starting the fast, the arthritis pain was greatly reduced. I told the doctors about it but they were not interested in finding out why because they were focused on fast weight loss. I got really pissed at them for their lack of interest because I thought the research might help me and millions of others.

BBB

caribou

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 02:04 pm
@jespah,
Thank you for telling more about your weight loss and how you are doing it.

I admire you a great deal.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 02:06 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
There is a lot of anecdotal evidence that fasting helps your body heal and relieves pain. I'm not sure how much of it is real/fact but a lot of people believe in it.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 02:08 pm
@maporsche,
It was amazing how fast the pain reduction occurred. I always thought that certain foods may be responsible for arthritis in some way, but I couldn't get them interested in researching it.

BBB
jespah

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 05:15 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Huh, I wonder. How very interesting re arthritis.

One idea -- there are, and ack, I wish I could recall the name of this thing, devices where you can exercise your arms. Looks like a bicycle wheel with pedals. Plus free weights. You can use soup cans if you like. Just bicep curls, maybe some lifting them up over your head, too (that targets the triceps). It would be a way to be active without involving your knee.

PS Thanks BBB and 'bou.
0 Replies

captainpun

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 10:48 pm
I don't see what the fuss is all about making fun of fat people! I used to be fat in high-school, and I didn't like it so I put down the fork and exercised a bit, and I dropped 15kg. I have never asked people to congratulate me since there’s no excuse for being fat. People weren’t fat 50 years ago, so it's not some stupid genetic disorder (I might write a note someday about how no one is responsible for anything anymore). In some cultures, fatties are even considered to be the signs of beauty, fertility, and prosperity, have you ever criticised THEIR value system?

What I realized is that no one is ACTUALLY just making fun of fatties; we're using them as scapegoats for the corrupt excess of pleasure rampant in our daily lives. Look at Botero's artwork (I love it!) and you'll see what I mean: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Botero.

I frolic every time I see a fatty. Fat people are there for us to blame for all the sins associated with living a wealthy lifestyle, and by wealthy, I'm referring to people who aren't starving in Somalia... homeless people in North America have it way better than those guys...

So unless you don't drive a car, make your own clothes, buy only local food, use air conditioning or plastic grocery bags, you're probably living a life of excessive waste which is ultimately hurting someone. If you sleep well at night, then you have most diverted your blame to a scapegoat like fat people. I hereby condone all people who voice their amusement toward fat people for having found a simple yet effective way to get along with their lives without some silly moral backlash holding them back. By all means, please call them voluptuous, horizontally challenged, jolly, distribute Hellman's mayonnaise 1-size-fits-all t-shirts, and high-five them every time they order the grand slam breakfast at Wendy's. And respect their supportive role in society; for your conscience's sake, call them FAT!
oolongteasup

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 01:34 am
@captainpun,
pinged with the pinguid stick
0 Replies

space007

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 04:08 am
@dirrtydozen22,
You need to get a tire when you swim.
0 Replies

mark1

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2016 08:44 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
so now you want to pick on old people,
what did old people like me ever do to you?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2016 09:14 pm
@DrewDad,
They were afraid to prove themselves?
0 Replies