ways to call someone fat

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 10:45 am
@Gargamel,
NO YOU CAN'T! Not a fat people's expense!

BBB
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 10:45 am
@Green Witch,
Are you going to police all of threads, now?
Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 10:46 am
@DrewDad,
Only the ones you show up on.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 10:47 am
I watched a fat person die once. I will never forget how he struggled through the sand, desperately trying to get back in the water. And then.... he took his last breath.

There were no footprints in the sand that day.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 10:49 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
I'm sorry, Green Witch. My fingers took over. I couldn't stop them.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 10:50 am
Part of the reason this topic bothers me is because we get so many young people on this board looking for advice about losing weight. They already have low self-esteem issues and probably get teased plenty. Coming across insults like these will only hurt them more, or worse - give some of their schoolmates new insults to hurl at them .
djjd62

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 10:52 am
@Green Witch,
plus the irony of a poster with conflict and anger issues, starting a thread about starting conflict and angering people
Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 10:54 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
Isn't that what you told the police when they arrested you in that school yard?
Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 10:54 am
@djjd62,
Yes, that is a major point as why I went on the attack.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 10:55 am
@Green Witch,
I have noticed some of those threads. But as for giving teenagers fodder--we could never hope to match their wellspring of insults.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 10:55 am
@Green Witch,
Ok... time to take the gloves off.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:01 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
Who's fighting? This is a reasonable debate among grown-ups.
Maybe DD22 will learn something from it.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:03 am
You find one adult on this thread and I will flip you a ten spot.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:04 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
Me.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:05 am
And by the way, Green Witch, even though we are buried in the depth of winter, isn't it amazing that you can smell the flowers after the departure of Bush?

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:06 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad, I will attempt to educate you. When I was a thin 36 year old athletic person, I tore the cartilage in my right knee so badly it required repair surgery. I could no longer do strenuous exercize. When I was fifty years old, my knee degenerated so badly that it failed and I had a total knee replacement that was botched by the surgeon. I could walk, but I had to be very careful. My physical activity was severely limited due to increased disability. I tried to control my weight but it rose to 260 pounds. I was so desperate, I enrolled in a liquid diet program and lost 100 pounds. Sadly, I couldn't maintain my weight loss because of my disabilities. I was desperate and had stomach surgery to help me lose weight and maintain a healthy weight. My weight has gone up and down but it is at 190 pounds right now. I watch my diet, but my severe disabilities restrict my physical activities. Without vigorous activity, dieting won't reduce my weight.

If you are thin, you have no idea what overweight people go through trying to maintain a healthy weight. I didn't do it to try to look good, I tried to do it to protect my health.

Another thing you should know about why poor people tend to be overweight. Healthy food costs a lot more than cheap fatty foods. The financially secure can afford healthy foods. The poor can only afford to feed their families with what fits within their low income.

No one enjoys being fat. They are already ashamed. Don't add to their low self-esteem by having fun at their expense.

BBB
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:10 am
Was that English?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:10 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
I'm fairly sure I heard some angels singing the other night and I watched a troop of goblins dissolve into the earth like evaporating smoke.

I want to know if anyone frisked Dick Cheney to make sure he wasn't making off with any of the White House silver. That wheelchair would be the perfect place to hide a few historic treasures.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:13 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I'm sorry. No wonder you reacted so strongly to my thread. I'll think twice next time b4 I post.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:13 am
@Green Witch,
He used the wheelchair in a feeble attempt to make people pity him and stop the war-crimes trial.