Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

RABEL222

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 10:16 pm
@Builder,
Still lying.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 10:42 pm
@oralloy,
Pointing out your anti-Semitism is not anti-Semitic.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2016 04:20 am
@oralloy,
More repetitive drivel. Learn some new vocabulary ffs. If you right something worthy of consideration I'll respond, but I'm not wasting any more time on your hysterical babble.
oralloy

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 11:04 pm
@InfraBlue,
It is despicable of you to falsely accuse me of anti-Semitism just because I stand up to your hatemongering.
oralloy

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 11:05 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
More repetitive drivel. Learn some new vocabulary ffs.

I'm pretty sure that some of that I had never said before.

However, I am highly motivated to defend the truth, which is unchanging. And while I claim vast intelligence, I'll also confess to low creativity. I admit that this does lead to many of my posts being quite similar to each other.

izzythepush wrote:
If you right something worthy of consideration I'll respond, but I'm not wasting any more time on your hysterical babble.

There has been no hysteria in my presentations of facts.

Since the topic has somehow become about me, it probably isn't worth responding.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 03:10 am
@oralloy,
See my response that you're replying to.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 06:07 am
@InfraBlue,
That won't make any difference, he doesn't do reasoning, or understanding or much in the way of thinking, just a load of drivel that it's best to ignore.

Think Baldrick, beans.

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 09:46 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
See my response that you're replying to.

No need. I've already responded appropriately.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 09:48 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
That won't make any difference,

Indeed. I've already given that message an appropriate response. No need for me to respond a second time.

izzythepush wrote:
he doesn't do reasoning, or understanding or much in the way of thinking,

Back to talking about me again.....

Anyway, as I pointed out before, I'm actually among the world's best when it comes to thinking, reasoning, and understanding.

izzythepush wrote:
just a load of drivel that it's best to ignore.

Just a load of facts that are too inconvenient to address.
gungasnake

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 09:59 pm
Quote:
Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

It´s highly likely that the word somebody was looking for originally was ´expropriate´ and not áppropriate´...

Builder

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 10:11 pm
@gungasnake,
ap•pro•pri•ate (ə-prōˈprē-ĭt)►

adj.
Suitable for a particular person, condition, occasion, or place; fitting.
v.
To set apart for a specific use: appropriating funds for education.
v.
To take possession of or make use of exclusively for oneself, often without permission:
gungasnake

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 11:11 pm
@Builder,
The normal meaning of appropriate is to gather something together or set it aside for some purpose. The most common use of the word as a verb arises within government funding acts which are called ´appropriations´.

´Expropriate´ means to take something from somebody else.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 11:14 pm
@Builder,
"Proprius" means in Latin from one's forefathers.Adding the prefix 'ex-' would give an interesting meaning.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 11:58 pm
Quote:
Quote:
If you guessed that expropriate has something in common with the verb appropriate, you're right. Both words ultimately derive from the Latin adjective proprius, meaning "own." Expropriate came to us by way of the Medieval Latin verb expropriare, itself from Latin ex- ("out of" or "from") and proprius. Appropriate descends from Late Latin appropriare, which joins proprius and Latin ad- ("to" or "toward"). Both the verb appropriate ("to take possession of" or "to set aside for a particular use") and the adjective appropriate ("fitting" or "suitable") have been with us since the 15th century, and expropriate has been a part of the language since at least 1611. Other proprius descendants in English include proper and property.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:08 am
@Builder,
I know.

But I wanted to point more to the origin: proprius itself comes from propatrius = pro- + pater = "from one's forefathers".
Builder

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Interesting. Is there actual written evidence of the biblical Jewish people being evicted from Palestine?

I was under the impression that after the toppling of the Ottoman empire, the boundaries of the middle east were redrawn by the allied forces, including the annexing of part of Palestine for the Jews.
gungasnake

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 04:17 am
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15894769_10211889158768845_6550864488571191749_n.jpg?oh=1187a81355e29452a0cecfb8cdb70e64&oe=58DCB7FD
izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 04:20 am
@Builder,
Quote:
The defeat of the Jewish revolt altered the Jewish diaspora, as many of the Jewish rebels were scattered or sold into slavery. Josephus claims that 1,100,000 people were killed during the siege, a sizeable portion of these were at Jewish hands and due to illnesses brought about by hunger. "A pestilential destruction upon them, and soon afterward such a famine, as destroyed them more suddenly." On the order of[vague] 97,000 were captured and enslaved and many others fled to areas around the Mediterranean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Jewish%E2%80%93Roman_War
Baldimo

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 10:58 am
@oralloy,
They always seem to take the "high road" when they don't really have any answers to posts. It takes a left turn into talking about a poster instead of the topic at hand. When you point this out, they then try to point back to something else as a reason for not wanting to answer/debate a subject. Izzy and Rabble are the worst offenders.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 04:16 pm
The map shows Samaria within Judea, when the Jews despised the Samaritans as heretics, and chose not to travel through Samaria. It also clearly shows the Gaza strip as being either Phillistine (Palestine) or not part of Israel.