Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 08:48 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

Not me, but I get your point.

To clarify, I'm referring to the US government.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 09:21 pm
@InfraBlue,
We the voters have elected our government and have some guilt for not insisting they hold Israel guilty for their crimes.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 10:12 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
So, how's the two state solution looking, so far?

Not bad. I'm waiting for Israel to get so pissed off that they decide to finish building the Security Fence, including in the areas where they are being pressured to not complete it, declare it as their official border, and fill all land west of the Fence to the brim with high-rise apartment buildings full of settlers.

Then all the people who thought it was OK for the Palestinians to take unilateral action instead of negotiating will get to wail and throw a tantrum, and I will get to smirk and revel in their misery.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 10:13 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
The question needs to be said; why is this nation receiving support?

Because they are our friends.

Because they are the good guys and they deserve our support.

Because it helps keep the region stable and prevents wars.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 10:14 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
Having nukes (and all the latest other war gadgetry) without being a signatory to the IAEC isn't enough to make them feel safe?

Without our aid, Israel would have to routinely go 1967 on their neighbors in order to protect themselves from aggression.

And if Israel's neighbors ever managed to pull off a successful invasion of Israel, Israel might have to use those nukes.

By making Israel vastly stronger than their neighbors, we prevent both of these negatives from happening.

Builder wrote:
If five percent of what we see them doing to Palestine is truth, then they need a lot more than just stern warnings.

If you are under the impression that Israel is doing anything wrong, then zero percent of what you think they are doing is the truth.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 10:15 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
At a glance, it would appear that the lobby group (AIPAC?) uses aid money from the US govt, to bribe Congress to get what they want.

AIPAC is strong because the American people support Israel.
oralloy

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 10:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
The United States is a party to the crimes of (Israel) the Zionists.

No such crimes.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 02:42 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
AIPAC is strong because the American people support Israel.

In genocide? I guess there's an element of US people that have always had a chip on their collective shoulders when it comes to a feeling of supremacy, but I doubt that many American people actually realise where their tax dollars are sent by the most corrupted congress in history.
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 03:02 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
In genocide?

Americans don't give credence to Nazi lies about Jews committing atrocities.

Builder wrote:
I guess there's an element of US people that have always had a chip on their collective shoulders when it comes to a feeling of supremacy, but I doubt that many American people actually realise where their tax dollars are sent by the most corrupted congress in history.

Hardly corrupt. And Americans are proud to help Israel defend themselves from Islamic aggression.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 03:03 am
@Builder,
Talk about hypocrisy.

Quote:
In 2008 the Rudd Labor Government said "Sorry" to Indigenous Australians for the Stolen Generations (up to 0.1 million Aboriginal children forcible removed from their mothers) – but the Aboriginal genocide continues (9,000 Indigenous Australians die avoidably each year) and the Labor Government continues to apply race-based laws to Northern Territory Aborigines who are forbidden to see, buy, sell, read, consume or transport things that all other Australians can. They have also been removed in a race-specific way from the protection of the anti-racism 1975 Racial Discrimination Act; and can be kicked out of their homes and Homelands without any legal recourse.

http://treatyrepublic.net/content/rascist-australia-genocidal-atrocities-overview<br />
Builder

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 03:32 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Talk about hypocrisy.

You can talk about it all you like, mister.

I found out quite recently about our indigenous heritage.

"our" government is nothing more than an extension of the UK's classist BS.

Surprised you're bringing this up on a Jewish thread.

What's your angle with that?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 04:06 am
@Builder,
Unlike you, I'm one of the indigenous population of my country.

You're very good at attacking everyone for not being as wonderful as you, turns out you're pretty crappy after all. Try cleaning up your own back yard.

Your government is your government, it's nothing to do with us.
Builder

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 04:12 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
it's nothing to do with us.

You've still not answered the question. ..

WTF are you bringing Australia into a Jewish thread for?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 04:24 am
@Builder,
As someone who is a long term supporter of the Palestinians I have to say their cause is not helped in any way by some Johnny come lately who doesn't care about them in the slightest, but just likes wagging his hypocritical finger at people. A hypocrite living on stolen land who only "quite recently" found out about the indigenous population. The same indigenous population still suffering discrimination and premature deaths so that people like you can enjoy your beach front luxury dwellings. The only difference between you and the right wing settlers illegally occupying the West Bank is that you're the only one waltzing about like your **** doesn't stink.

That answer your bloody question?

Btw, this is not a "Jewish thread," it's a thread about Israel. There is a significant difference.

Foofie

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 11:58 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Decent countries would have afforded the indigenous populations of Palestine their rights throughout all of Palestine, especially as called for by international resolutions passed by the UN, the very international body that the Zionists point to to justify their international legitimacy.

Are you claiming that Palistinians are inherently different than the Arab Israeli citizens that vote in elections, and live in Israel? The problem is that the West Bank is crucial for Israeli security, since without the West Bank, Israel is the hour glass shape that allowed an ancient enemy to split the country in half, and resulted in the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel (sold into slavery). So, since Israel is not going to sacrifice its security, after four wars by Arab armies intent on annihilating them, I guess many might say they are concerned with survival, rather than that concept of decency you talk of. And, you still haven't explained why under Jordan, or the Ottoman Empire, the Palestinians did not have their epiphany as to their indigenous identity? Pray tell, Sire!

No opinion is going to persuade you, I believe, that your opinion is valid based on your values, and my opinion is valid based on my values. I do not want to convert you to my thinking, since I understand how your opinion is shared by many. And, my values are the values of a New York Jew by way of late nineteenth century Czarist Russia. Do you know what a pogrom is?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 12:06 pm
@Foofie,
You are confused about 'values.' It's a legal issue, and by international law, Israel is stealing Palestinian lands with the blessing of the US.
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 01:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
by international law, Israel is stealing Palestinian lands

That is incorrect. Israel is only required to give up land in exchange for peace.

No peace = Israel gets to keep the land.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 01:43 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

Decent countries would have afforded the indigenous populations of Palestine their rights throughout all of Palestine, especially as called for by international resolutions passed by the UN, the very international body that the Zionists point to to justify their international legitimacy.

Are you claiming that Palistinians are inherently different than the Arab Israeli citizens that vote in elections, and live in Israel? The problem is that the West Bank is crucial for Israeli security, since without the West Bank, Israel is the hour glass shape that allowed an ancient enemy to split the country in half, and resulted in the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel (sold into slavery). So, since Israel is not going to sacrifice its security, after four wars by Arab armies intent on annihilating them, I guess many might say they are concerned with survival, rather than that concept of decency you talk of. And, you still haven't explained why under Jordan, or the Ottoman Empire, the Palestinians did not have their epiphany as to their indigenous identity? Pray tell, Sire!

No opinion is going to persuade you, I believe, that your opinion is valid based on your values, and my opinion is valid based on my values. I do not want to convert you to my thinking, since I understand how your opinion is shared by many. And, my values are the values of a New York Jew by way of late nineteenth century Czarist Russia. Do you know what a pogrom is?

Cognitively Dissonant very, very much!
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 02:12 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
A hypocrite living on stolen land who only "quite recently" found out about the indigenous population.

You're an absolute fuckwit. I've been a teacher of indigenous people, visiting remote communities in east Arnhemland.

Our family recently discovered our own indigenous heritage through our grandfather on father's side.

Now crawl back in your box, and stop polluting threads with your personal ****.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 02:40 pm
@Builder,
So 'just recently' means something else where you are. I really don't care who you are or what you've done. I do know that all you do is sneer at people without offering anything constructive or any real understanding of the underlying issues.

0 Replies