Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

oralloy

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 04:38 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
oralloy wrote:
40 years since the last war between Israel and the Arab states.

You're on this thread, making that claim?

Yes.

2015 - 1973 = 42 years

Pretty straightforward.

Quote:
Operation Pillar of Defence (14-21 November 2012)

Israel and Hamas non-international armed conflict in Gaza

On 14 November 2012, Israel launched Operation Pillar of Defence, its largest military operation in Gaza since Operation Cast Lead in 2009. It started with an air strike that killed the commander of Hamas's military wing, Ahmed Jabari, who, according to Israel, was responsible for terrorist acts against Israel from Gaza. Israel's position was that the operation was intended to protect Israeli civilians from rockets and mortars fired by militants in Gaza. During the conflict, Hamas targeted for the first time central cities in Israel: rockets fell on Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.

Figures show that 160 Palestinians were killed. Of these, 103 were civilians, including 33 children, 13 women and three journalists. Many others were wounded. Six Israelis were killed: two soldiers and four civilians.

That's six too many. It's really horrible the way those Palestinian thugs always go around murdering innocent people.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 03:34 pm
@oralloy,
At it again Oralboy. Lie, lie, lie. Just cant help yourself can you?
Builder

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 10:48 pm
@RABEL222,
Reminds me of a conversation I once had with a fence post.
oralloy

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 10:05 am
@Builder,
Let me know if you ever manage to find any facts that I am wrong about.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 12:09 pm
@Builder,
Exactly, which is why I find myself posting less and less often, the attitude permeating from the pages of this forum from the more, I guess you could say conservatives, stinks to high heaven. (even ones not calling themselves that)
oralloy

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 12:18 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
Exactly, which is why I find myself posting less and less often, the attitude permeating from the pages of this forum from the more, I guess you could say conservatives, stinks to high heaven. (even ones not calling themselves that)

Is there something objectionable about always sticking to facts?

Why do you think lies and name-calling are preferable?
RABEL222

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 10:13 pm
@oralloy,
There wouldent be if you actually stuck to facts but you lie, lie, lie.
Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 09:22 pm
@RABEL222,
Can you prove a lie? Out of any of those posts? Just one? You are an emotionally unstable fool.
Builder

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 09:27 pm
@Ionus,
The Pillar of Defense one is the obvious lie, but please, do inform us that this part of Israel's history is a falsehood.
Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 09:42 pm
@Builder,
I do not know what the Pillar of Defence is, and your post is confusing with two negatives (lie, falsehood). Would you be so kind as to explain further...

The point I was making was although common people throw the word lie about, it is actually a very difficult thing to prove. The person must have knowledge that it is a lie and deliberately says a lie. It can not be a failing of memory, inadequate or insufficient facts, or fatigue/duress, or any of a million and one causes where the person did not intend to lie but did not tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Here, calling someone a liar means you dont like their opinion. It is definitely not proof that they lie.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 09:47 pm
@Builder,
That you would have a conversation with a fence post tells us all we need to know about you.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 09:54 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
I do not know what the Pillar of Defence is...

The link is above, including lengthy text describing the military action.

Quote:
The point I was making was although common people throw the word lie about, it is actually a very difficult thing to prove.

I posted factual evidence refuting a claim. Which part of that needs explaining?

Quote:
Here, calling someone a liar means you dont like their opinion. It is definitely not proof that they lie.

Then read the post. I didn't actually call anyone a liar. Just presented evidence to refute a claim that was false. If evidence isn't enough for you, then what are you joining in for?
Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 10:08 pm
@Builder,
Ok, got it. I havent visited for a while. There is no lie involved. You dont seem to want to understand the difference. Oralloy says it was not a war against Arab States, it was a military action against terrorists into Lebanon. You posted nothing that refuted that. There was a lot of sideline opinion being bandied about, but I can not see any obvious lies on either side. I was responding to Rabbies666 anyway.
Builder

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 10:14 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
There is no lie involved. You dont seem to want to understand the difference.

A declared (and named) military action against a neighbouring nation (yes, it's been declared) is a war against an Arab state. Unless you believe Palestinians aren't Arabs, and Palestine is a figment of your imagination.

The claim was that Israel had been at peace with Arab states for 40 years, or don't you bother to scan the thread before making judements based on personal opinions?

It's not like you have to go back a page. It's at the top of this one.
Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 10:23 pm
@Builder,
Declaring a Military Action of going into a Arab state to take out terrorists is not a war. Military and political people would see that straight away. A war is between two countries, though it is increasingly blurred in modern times.

I wouldn't say it has been peace for 40 years but it is technically correct to say there haven't been wars.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 10:25 pm
@Builder,
You fail to understand simple math: Palestinians killed vs Israelis killed. If the numbers don't mean anything to you, you are just blind (deaf and dumb).
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 10:30 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
I wouldn't say it has been peace for 40 years but it is technically correct to say there haven't been wars.

LOL. That's funny. I guess you think the invasions of Iraq and Libya were humanitarian efforts to liberate the people from a tyranical oppressor, too?
Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 10:39 pm
@Builder,
Try to focus...we are talking about Israeli-Arab Wars.

Quote:
you think the invasions of Iraq and Libya were humanitarian efforts
When was Libya invaded and by who? Iraq was a war between a US led coalition and Iraq.
Builder

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 10:45 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Iraq was a war between a US led coalition and Iraq.

Nope. Wrong again. It was an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation. Likewise with Libya.

You call this a war, while a declared military action by Israel ( the second one on record), against a declared enemy in Hamas, was not a war?

Selective much?
Ionus

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 07:39 am
@Builder,
Quote:
You call this a war, while a declared military action by Israel ( the second one on record), against a declared enemy in Hamas, was not a war?
Selective much?
Not at all. I am using standard definitions.

Quote:
It was an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation.
Why was it illegal and what do you think makes an invasion legal?

Quote:
Likewise with Libya.
???What invasion of Libya? I asked you to explain that before.