Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 09:47 am
@Ionus,
Don't talk to me you sick nonce, you're disgusting. And I'm not remotely interested in your pathetic gender issues, you'd rather be a woman because you can't be classed as a man. Don't try transferring your confusion onto others, you're not fooling anyone.

You really are a very sad little "man," a complete coward too scared to say anything to someone's face. A disgrace to any uniform, a cowardly loud mouthed little creep.

Does your probation officer know you're accessing the internet? You could get into a lot of trouble.
Ionus

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 09:56 am
@izzythepush,
You see all the raw emotion ? Men dont do that . Perhaps you are a female mind in a male body but as I have not seen your body (and dont want to) I will continue to maintain you are a woman . There is no insult in that, and far too many women pretend to be men on the internet . I have asked you before why you would pretend because I take the women who post here just as seriously as the men . The emotional side of things can not be ignored, but some subjects require a stand off attitude which you are not capable of...apparently .

The Internet : Where men are REAL men, women are men, and children are FBI men .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 09:57 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
A disgrace to any uniform, a cowardly loud mouthed little creep.
Have you ever worn a uniform, Ms dizzythetush ? You know a bunny outfit is not a real uniform .
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 10:00 am
Don't talk to me, you disgusting creep. I have no time for pathetic cowards who lie about being a soldier because they can't deal with what they are. A weak, stupid, bigoted little nonce.

Go back to crying about how it's so unfair you're not allowed to wear dresses and lipstick, and leave the actual debating to human beings, you cockroach.
Ionus

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 10:00 am
@Walter Hinteler,
For some reason I always see some little snipe in your comments . I will have to read your posts with more egalitarianism and less suspicion . It was entirely my fault and I apologise for any bluntness .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 10:03 am
@izzythepush,
I am afraid, Ms dizzythetush, you have justified your removal from my Christmas list . As for crying over not being allowed to wear dresses and lipstick, you will be happy to know I am now allowed . Cool
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 10:09 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Since you've been to Gaza,
You make too many incorrect assumptions . I have not been there .
Obviously I misunderstood you. You have described the situation in Gaza very knowable and detailed, and since you found an English newspaper there, I've thought so. My bad.

He did, he described how he'd seen Israeli soldiers force elderly Palestinians to stand for long periods of time. He's not a very good liar, but he clearly is a liar.
Ionus

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 10:14 am
@izzythepush,
Thats better ! Do you see how more readable your opinion is when there are less nouns and adjectives desperately searching for a verb ?

Would you be so kind as to show me that post or will you just disappear till the heat dies down to resurface some other time with more innuendos ? You know I always ask you to produce these posts but you never do...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 10:30 am
Next time try creating a fantasy world where you're not some semi-literate chimp. You might want to ask a grown up to help you, ask your probation officer.
Ionus

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 10:34 am
@izzythepush,
So you are not talking to me now and you say you are not a woman...that is their number one tool...ahhh...where is the post you were going to show us ?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 12:10 pm
Germany's Dilemma: Critics Want Tougher Berlin Stance Against Israel

From the above linked report:
Quote:
The German government has a number of means of exerting pressure on Jerusalem. Many European countries are opting for unilateral recognition of Palestine. Last year, Sweden became the first EU member country to take this step, and the majority of the members of the parliaments in France, Portugal, the UK, Ireland and Spain have come out in support of recognizing the country.

Berlin favors a more active role by the UN Security Council in the Middle East conflict. Council members France and Britain are pushing for a resolution that determines the parameters for a solution and issues an ultimatum. This is also a way of exerting pressure, officials in Berlin point out.

Nevertheless, proposals to introduce EU sanctions against products from the territories illegally occupied by Israel have come to nothing, primarily due to German resistance. "The biggest foot-draggers are in Berlin," says an EU diplomat. An urgent reminder on the matter issued by EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini two weeks ago was signed by 16 EU foreign ministers, including the British and the French, but not their German counterpart.

There has only been one issue in the past where Germany has overridden Israeli interests, and this was during the nuclear negotiations with Iran. Ignoring Israel's protests, Berlin pushed for a successful conclusion to the negotiations -- and it did so despite the fact that Chancellor Merkel had explicitly linked her understanding of the "reason of state" with the Iran issue.

It would be a painful blow to Israel if Germany were to limit its arms exports to the country. Until now, this subject has been taboo. There was only one situation in which Berlin apparently attempted to link an arms delivery to progress in the peace process. This was two years ago, when Jerusalem expressed interest in purchasing four corvettes. The Israelis asked for a discount for the ships, similar to the gesture of friendship that they had received from the German government on the sale of Dolphin submarines.

But, in May 2014, Merkel's foreign policy advisor Christoph Heusgen informed Israeli National Security Advisor Yossi Cohen that there would be no price reduction. Heusgen said that it would be virtually impossible to gain a majority in the German parliament, the Bundestag, in favor of such a concession funded by German taxpayers. Merkel's chief diplomat said that this was due to the failure of the peace process and the ongoing construction of settlements in the occupied territories. In the end, however, Germany stuck to its old policy. Heusgen was unable to push through any changes. The Chancellery agreed with the Finance Ministry to grant a subsidy to the tune of roughly €115 million.
How does one say to a friend that he is making a mistake without jeopardizing the friendship? Germany has neither the will nor the ability to question the solidarity that it owes Israel. At the same time, however, it cannot accept that Israel continues to disregard human rights and democratic principles.

Germany is searching for a way out of this dilemma and, no matter what path it takes, it is essential that it always acts in the interests of the security of Israel. Then the pressure is justified, whether it is exerted via the UN, the EU or arms exports.
oralloy

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 12:38 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
How does one say to a friend that he is making a mistake without jeopardizing the friendship?

I'd say Germany's problem is that they are trying to tell a friend that they are making a mistake, when that friend is not making a mistake.

Quote:
Germany has neither the will nor the ability to question the solidarity that it owes Israel. At the same time, however, it cannot accept that Israel continues to disregard human rights and democratic principles.

Israel is not disregarding human rights.

Israel is not disregarding democratic principles.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 11:23 pm
Quote:
Germany is searching for a way out of this dilemma and, no matter what path it takes, it is essential that it always acts in the interests of the security of Israel.

Israel shouldn't be secured. Israel should be dismantled, it's leadership prosecuted for the oppression of the Palestinian peoples, and replaced by a truly democratic, egalitarian and pluralistic state that serves the interests of all of the peoples of Palestine.

The endeavor to preserve Israel as a "Jewish state" is informed by ethnocentric nationalist ideologies that originated in Europe during the 19th century. It's most grotesque manifestation was the Nazi nationalism of Germany during the mid twentieth century. Israel's supporters cling to these ethnocentric nationalist notions as they hold out for Israel's ethnic purity and their rejection of the Palestinian's Right of Return.
neologist

Reply Sun 10 May, 2015 12:36 pm
Hmm.
Nominal christians have long bellieved that Jews must inhabit the holy land so that Jesus may return. This is based, at least in part, on the relation of the term 'armageddon' to the plains of Megiddo, a strategically crucial area of ancient times.

Do you suppose those christians were truly concerned with the well being of Jewish people when the proposal to repatriate them to Palestine after WWII. became a reality? Hardly, and certainly not so much with the rights and welfare of resident Palestinians. Mostly, they hijacked the Jewish longing for restoration to the homeland they enjoyed before their dispersal after 70 CE.

So now, regardless of right or wrong and 70 years later, it is as it is. It's too bad that recognizing it was a diabolically stupid idea provides not a shred of insight into bringing about peaceful resolution.
Ionus

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 02:01 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Do you suppose those christians were truly concerned with the well being of Jewish people when the proposal to repatriate them to Palestine after WWII. became a reality?
Then why were there so many plans to create a Jewish state in many places all over the world ?
neologist

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 08:48 am
@Ionus,
Good point.
But where did it finally materialize? What/who were the forces behind it?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 10:59 am
Vatican agrees on first treaty with state of Palestine
Quote:
The Vatican concluded its first treaty that formally recognizes the State of Palestine, with an agreement on Catholic Church activities in areas controlled by the Palestinian Authority, the Holy See said on Wednesday.

The agreement "aims to enhance the life and activities of the Catholic Church and its recognition at the judicial level," said Monsignor Antoine Camilleri, the Vatican's deputy foreign minister who led its six-person delegation in the talks.

The text of the treaty has been concluded and will be officially signed by the respective authorities "in the near future," a joint statement released by the Vatican said.

Vatican officials stressed that although the agreement was significant, it certainly did not constitute the Holy See's first recognition of the State of Palestine.

"We have recognized the State of Palestine ever since it was given recognition by the United Nations and it is already listed as the State of Palestine in our official yearbook," Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said.

... ... ...
Foofie

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 11:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Vatican agrees on first treaty with state of Palestine
Quote:
The Vatican concluded its first treaty that formally recognizes the State of Palestine, with an agreement on Catholic Church activities in areas controlled by the Palestinian Authority, the Holy See said on Wednesday.

The agreement "aims to enhance the life and activities of the Catholic Church and its recognition at the judicial level," said Monsignor Antoine Camilleri, the Vatican's deputy foreign minister who led its six-person delegation in the talks.

The text of the treaty has been concluded and will be officially signed by the respective authorities "in the near future," a joint statement released by the Vatican said.

Vatican officials stressed that although the agreement was significant, it certainly did not constitute the Holy See's first recognition of the State of Palestine.

"We have recognized the State of Palestine ever since it was given recognition by the United Nations and it is already listed as the State of Palestine in our official yearbook," Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said.

... ... ...

How wonderful it is to officiate over the Kingdom of Heaven and also give an imprimatur over temporal matters. Vunderbar! (Or, in some people's opinion, it might reflect "chutzpah.")
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 01:58 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Israel shouldn't be secured. Israel should be dismantled, it's leadership prosecuted for the oppression of the Palestinian peoples, and

Sorry Adolf. Not going to happen.
oralloy

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 01:58 pm
@Walter Hinteler,

When enough people recognize this "Palestinian state", Israel needs to respond by finishing the Security Fence (especially around Jerusalem and in other areas where Israel has so far been pressured not to complete the Fence), and by declaring the Security Fence as Israel's official border.

Any whining and histrionics from the freaks can be deflected by pointing out that, if a hostile Palestinian state is going to be created next to Israel, then Israel needs to have a defined and secure border with that hostile Palestinian state.

West of the Security Fence, Israel should annex all land into the state of Israel, as all such land will at that point be encompassed within Israel's official border. Control over the annexed land can be cemented by fully developing the E-1 Area into one of Jerusalem's suburbs.

East of the Security Fence, Israel should seize full military control over all of Area B, leaving the Palestinians with Area A alone to form their state with.

The Palestinian state should not be allowed to come into being with any West Bank land other than Area A.

If, in the future, the Palestinian state ever decides that they are willing to make peace with Israel, then they can be offered further land east of the Security Fence beyond Area A, in exchange for their peacefulness.