Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 01:12 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
It's a shame there isn't a lot more of this type of thing.
They condemned the civilian casualties - what you don't.

"Self Hating Jews" was actually what I thought would be your response.
Surprise, surprise.
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 08:46 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
They condemned the civilian casualties - what you don't.
"Self Hating Jews" was actually what I thought would be your response.
Surprise, surprise.

I was more reacting to the fact that moderate Muslims were calling for peace with other religions. I'd like to hear much more of this sort of thing from moderate Muslims.

As far as condemning civilians casualties goes, nuances are very important.

Did they falsely accuse Israel of committing horrible crimes? If so then the label Self Hating Jew might be appropriate.

Did they merely denounce the fact that civilians were killed? If so then such a label would likely not be appropriate, but it might be worth mentioning that the Palestinians fabricated many of the deaths.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 08:57 am
@oralloy,
I gave the link.

The Muslim Council of Britain (MCB) and the Board of Deputies of British Jews (BoD) wrote:
The death of every civilian is a tragedy, and every effort should be taken to minimise such losses. The targeting of civilians is completely unacceptable and against our religious traditions. We pray for a speedy end to the current conflict and for a lasting peace for all.
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 09:16 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I gave the link.

Yes. I remember reading it last night, though I forget the specifics this morning.

The Muslim Council of Britain (MCB) and the Board of Deputies of British Jews (BoD) wrote:
The death of every civilian is a tragedy, and every effort should be taken to minimise such losses. The targeting of civilians is completely unacceptable and against our religious traditions. We pray for a speedy end to the current conflict and for a lasting peace for all.

I find nothing objectionable in this statement, and I agree with it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 09:43 am
@oralloy,
In most intelligent circles, 'talk is cheap.' It's their actions that speaks volumes.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 03:55 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Gush Etzion is a cluster of Jewish settlements south of Jerusalem.
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zps0862412a.jpg

The entire area is ringed by the segregation wall and there are several Palestinian villages, e.g. Wadi Fukin, Husan, Nahhalin and Khallet Sakariya located within where apartheid policies are implemented by the state of Israel.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 04:35 pm
@InfraBlue,
Some people still don't 'get it.' They're called 'SEGREGATION WALLS' in a so-called democracy.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 01:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Some people still don't 'get it.' They're called 'SEGREGATION WALLS' in a so-called democracy.

I think that most of the supporters get it, all right. They're for the segregation and apartheid.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:19 pm
@InfraBlue,
Shocked You mean their racist!! Shocked
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 05:19 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
there are several Palestinian villages, e.g. Wadi Fukin, Husan, Nahhalin and Khallet Sakariya located within where apartheid policies are implemented by the state of Israel.

Your Nazism is revolting.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 05:19 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

I think that most of the supporters get it, all right. They're for the segregation and apartheid.

You Nazis are appalling.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 10:36 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
there are several Palestinian villages, e.g. Wadi Fukin, Husan, Nahhalin and Khallet Sakariya located within where apartheid policies are implemented by the state of Israel.

Your Nazism is revolting.

Your psychopathy is pathetic.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 10:37 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

You Nazis are appalling.

See my response to your previous post.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 09:03 am
@oralloy,
World opinion (as well as reality), disagree with you, oralloy:
From AP today:

Quote:
worldIsrael likely to have committed Gaza war crimes: HRW

© AP Photo: Hatem Ali

24 min ago | By AFP
Israel is likely to have committed war crimes in Gaza, Human Rights Watch said Thursday, a day after the army announced five criminal investigations into incidents involving its forces.

The 50-day Gaza war between Israel and Hamas-led militants ended on August 26 after killing more than 2,100 Palestinians, most of them civilians, and 73 people on the Israeli side, 67 of them soldiers.The New York-based rights watchdog said in a statement that in three cases it examined, Israel caused "numerous civilian casualties in violation of the laws of war".

The incidents were the separate shellings of two UN schools in northern Gaza on July 24 and 30, and a guided missile strike on another UN school in the southern city of Rafah on August 3.

The attacks killed a total of 45 people including 17 children, HRW said.

"Two of the three attacks Human Rights Watch investigated... did not appear to target a military objective or were otherwise unlawfully indiscriminate. The third attack in Rafah was unlawfully disproportionate if not otherwise indiscriminate."

"Unlawful attacks carried out wilfully -- that is, deliberately or recklessly -- are war crimes," it said.

(emphasis added)

Israelis, like everybody else, should be called to account when they commit war crimes. Shame on oralloy for his vicious mud-slinging in defense of their criminal acts.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 05:58 am
IDF intelligence soldiers: We won't work against innocent Palestinians
Quote:
Officers and soldiers in the IDF's largest, and most elite intelligence unit, known as 8200, addressed a letter to the prime minister Friday, in which the 43 signatories said that they refuse to take part in action against Palestinians or, "to be tools to deepen the military regime in the occupied territories."
[...]
"There is a perception that service in military intelligence is free of moral dilemmas and only contributes to the reduction of violence and harm to innocent people," the servicemen wrote in the letter. "But during military service we learned that intelligence is an inseparable part of military control in the territories."

"The Palestinian population is subject to military rule, completely exposed to espionage and to being tracked by Israeli intelligence," continued the letter. "Contrary to Israeli citizens or citizens of other countries, there's no oversight on methods of intelligence or tracking and the use of intelligence information against the Palestinians, regardless if they are connected to violence or not."
[...]
According to the soldiers, there are many cases in which IDF intelligence prevents just trials for defendants in military courts without ever showing them evidence from the prosecution.

"The intelligence allows for the continued control of millions of people and in-depth inspection that's invasive to most areas of life. None of this allows for a normal life, fueling more violence and putting an end to the conflict further away."

The letter finishes by calling on current and past intelligence soldiers, "to make your voices heard against these injustices and act to bring them to an end. We believe that even Israel's future depends on it."
... ... ...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 02:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter, Thanks for posting that article. I'm just happy to see more Isralis who are fair-minded and know what is right and wrong in their treatment of Palestinians.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
World opinion (as well as reality), disagree with you, oralloy:

What is it about you anti-Semites that you always try to pretend that you speak for the world when you spew your hateful lies?

(And no, your lies have no connection with reality whatsoever.)

MontereyJack wrote:
Israelis, like everybody else, should be called to account when they commit war crimes.

Typical anti-Semite. Telling everyone that Jews are committing imaginary crimes.

Your mother must be so proud.

MontereyJack wrote:
Shame on oralloy for his vicious mud-slinging

You're the one who is falsely accusing Jews of committing imaginary crimes.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 04:41 am
http://i58.tinypic.com/11946y9.jpg
Quote:
The INS Tanin, the fourth German Dolphin-class submarine in Israel's fleet, docked in Haifa on Tuesday. Attesting to the Tanin's supreme importance to Israel's arsenal, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, President Reuven Rivlin, Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon and IDF chief of staff Benny Gantz were on hand to greet the big blue craft.
Source

These German-made submarines can carry cruise missiles with a range of thousands of kilometres, and can be equipped with nuclear warheads.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 04:45 am
Quote:
The Civil Administration in the West Bank has stepped up demolitions of Bedouin buildings in the E-1 area east of Jerusalem since April. The area is slated for an expansion of the settlement of Ma’aleh Adumim.

The number of such demolitions in the first eight months of 2014 was higher than in any comparable period in the last five years, as was the number of people who lost their homes as a result, according to an analysis by the Association of International Development Agencies of data compiled by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. Although demolitions were carried out in only four of these eight months (March, April, May and August), more buildings were razed in the E-1 area in those months (35) than in all of 2013 (21). The number of people who lost their homes as a result rose to 156, from 57.

The disproportionate increase in the number of people who were made homeless as a result of the demolitions in the first eight months of 2014 relative to the number of buildings that were razed indicates that a larger proportion of the structures that were destroyed this year were residential. That, as opposed to being used for livestock or other purposes.
[...]
The Civil Administration refuses to give the Bedouin building permits for their existing communities or connect these communities to infrastructure, even though they have lived in this area since the 1950s. Meanwhile, their mobility has grown more and more restricted due to the construction of settlements and roads and the declaration of certain areas as firing zones or nature reserves.

Over the past 20 years, the Bedouin have repeatedly petitioned the High Court of Justice against demolitions. While the court has never ruled on their claim that the demolitions are illegal in principle, it has repeatedly canceled them on the grounds that the Bedouin have nowhere else to live. The construction of Talet Nueima, even if the Bedouin have already announced their opposition to it, will let the authorities claim they do have somewhere else to live.
Source
The above report is about Israeli citizen with Israeli nationality, by the way.
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 09:55 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
The Civil Administration in the West Bank has stepped up demolitions of Bedouin buildings in the E-1 area east of Jerusalem since April. The area is slated for an expansion of the settlement of Ma’aleh Adumim.

Outstanding! Very Happy Cool Twisted Evil

Developing the E-1 area will kick the Palestinians in the balls so hard that their testicles will be splattered all over the inside top of their skulls.

It's tricky to understand the significance of the area. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person outside Israel who understands it. But I assure you that this is wonderfully devastating news for the Palestinians.

Very nice news to start my day off with. You have quite literally put a smile on my face.

It's a shame about those Bedouin, but it looks like they're in the way.