Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

izzythepush

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 09:40 am
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
I think your issue is grammar-you don't understand what is being said.

He's not the only one, this is a really terrible sentence.
Quote:
What I am saying is the true Jews who follow Judaism (by the way according to you is mythology and Zionist propaganda) are not the Zionist of which you speak.

Your use of the term "true Jew" could be considered offensive by quite a lot of people, and is a far cry from the point Infrablue, CI and myself have been making all along. That being that the Palestinians and Sephardic Jews are very similar genetically as opposed to the Zionist emigres whose genetic heritage reflects where they came from. There is a distinct hierarchy in Israel with those of European and American origin sitting at the top of the pile. And they do discriminate against the indigenous Sephardic Jews.

From Jewish World.

300% increase in complaints of discrimination against Sephardic girls

Quote:
Some 70% of complaints regarding discrimination against admission of Sephardic girls to seminary schools justified; increase of 300% in complaints by parents whose daughters not admitted. Education Ministry official: ‘Zero tolerance for discrimination’

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4419177,00.html

That's right, 70%.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 09:45 am
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
Speaking of a conscience, I would dare say that yours is somewhat seared since you so frivolously call Christianity and Judaism "mythology and Zionist propaganda."

Cite and post a link. I just did a google search "Able2Know izzythepush mythology and Zionist propaganda" and only got two results, the top one being your post, the other something in a foreign language.

There's a difference between calling you a religious nutjob, (which you patently are,) and insulting all of Christianity, (which I did not.)

Btw, that's how to use brackets in a sentence.
worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 09:46 am
@izzythepush,
I agree with you on this... I am not arguing on this issue.
worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 09:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
thanks for your kind words CI! We not all can be as intelligent as you!
0 Replies

worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 09:56 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy,

Thanks for your grammar lesson; however, I think you might want to go back and read in the Bedford handbook what is the correct way of using parentheses.

Just for starters, they are not called brackets: They are parentheses. See below the correct way of writing them:

Use parentheses [ ( ) ] to include material that you want to de-emphasize or that wouldn't normally fit into the flow of your text but you want to include nonetheless. If the material within parentheses appears within a sentence, do not use a capital letter or period to punctuate that material, even if the material is itself a complete sentence. (A question mark or exclamation mark, however, might be appropriate and necessary.) If the material within your parentheses is written as a separate sentence (not included within another sentence), punctuate it as if it were a separate sentence.
•Thirty-five years after his death, Robert Frost (we remember him at Kennedy's inauguration) remains America's favorite poet.

•Thirty-five years after his death, Robert Frost (do you remember him?) remains America's favorite poet.

•Thirty-five years after his death, Robert Frost remains America's favorite poet. (We remember him at Kennedy's inauguration.)

My statement was complete and grammatically correct.
Why don't you stick with your NUT JOB comments instead of teaching English grammar.

BTW, my undergrad is in grammar.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:03 am
@worldtraveler24,
Well what are we arguing about? Is it the status of Hamas, their constitution, what?

Hamas has already been deemed a terrorist organisation by the West and faces all the sanctions that go with such designation. Israel is a country that enjoys favoured nation status when dealing with the EU, and received US$3.1 Billion in military aid from Washington last year.

If they are to continue receiving such favourable treatment, shouldn't we expect something in return, like not killing hundreds of Palestinian children?

Or even maintain levels of basic computer security.

Quote:
The BBC has seen evidence that appears to confirm hackers stole several secret military documents from two government-owned Israeli companies that developed the Iron Dome missile defence system.

The breaches were first publicised by security blogger Brian Krebs on Monday.

The companies denied their classified networks had been infiltrated.

However, the team that discovered the incidents has given the BBC access to an intelligence report, which indicates hundreds of files were indeed copied.

The documents, which were stolen over a period of many months, relate to:

Arrow III missiles
unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), commonly known as drones
ballistic rocketsCyber Engineering Services (CyberESI) tracked the activities of the hackers over eight months between 2011 and 2012.

It said the data taken by the hackers suggested they had been after intelligence relating to Iron Dome.

Iron Dome is a complex anti-missile defence system, which can intercept and destroy rockets and shells.

The technology has been widely credited with preventing the deaths of many Israeli civilians during the ongoing conflict with militants from Gaza.

CyberESI's report, compiled in 2013, also indicates the attacks were made using highly sophisticated tools resembling those used by Chinese hackers to infiltrate US defence firms - an attack in which the Chinese government denies any involvement

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28583283
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:04 am
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
BTW, my undergrad is in grammar.

I'd ask for a refund.

This is a terrible sentence, with or without brackets.

Quote:
What I am saying is the true Jews who follow Judaism (by the way according to you is mythology and Zionist propaganda) are not the Zionist of which you speak.

The fact that you can't even see it, let alone try to explain it as a typo or lapse in concentration, but instead go on a, (completely unnecessary,) tangent about brackets, says a lot about the type of education you received.
worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:38 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks! You obviously did not get your education in the U.S.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:43 am
@izzythepush,
wt wrote,
Quote:
Quote:

I concur; his opinion lacks facts and evidence. He doesn't even need to say "What I am saying....," since that's a given.
worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:00 am
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks Peanut Gallery!

Men who live in glass houses need not throw stones.
Germlat

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:01 am
@worldtraveler24,
What?! Because education in the U.S. is the real thing?! No matter where you're educated you need to acknowledge principles of self-interest and how they're are distributed. If you read a book, article...whatever and don't consider the source and how it benefits the source...you'll never see things impartially. Therefore, you agree with any moron who wrote a book.. Best thing a parent can do is teach a child to think for him/herself. BTW-- I was educated I many countries and they all had different views.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:06 am
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
You obviously did not get your education in the U.S.
And that is quite easily to get: in English, a parenthesis (aka parenthetical phrase) is used in the original meaning of [the Greek word] παρένθεσις, while in American English brackets are called parentheses. (That's something we learn at school here, in English classes. If you're inscribed in English or American studies at university, you'll certainly get a deeper knowledge.)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:07 am
@worldtraveler24,
wt wrote,
Quote:

What has glass houses have anything to do with the subject being discussed? Diversion are for kids like you, but they're meaningless - just like your opinions.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

wt wrote,
Quote:

What has glass houses have anything to do with the subject being discussed?
Diversion are for kids like you, but they're meaningless - just like your opinions.

There is a beauty, ci.

You are outdoing yourself today!

Are you sure English is your primary language?
0 Replies

buttflake

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:16 am
Quote:
While Global Anti-Semitism Surges, Don’t Forget U.S. Campuses

Quote:
First, let’s take stock of the global picture for Israel. In Paris, a synagogue was firebombed while hundreds of worshippers were inside. And in a Paris suburb, anti-Israel rioters torched a synagogue, Jewish school, businesses, and cars. In Berlin, demonstrators charged a Jewish couple and shouted “Jew, we’ll get you” after seeing that the man was wearing a yarmulke.

In the Netherlands, the chief rabbi’s home was attacked with stones twice in one week. In Turkey, the Israeli Consulate in Istanbul and the embassy in Ankara were attacked, and an Islamist close to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan urged Muslims to target the country’s 15,000 Jews and warned that Jewish tourists to Turkey would be attacked. In Morocco, a rabbi was badly beaten in retaliation for Israel’s airstrikes on Gaza. In Australia, a Jew was punched by men screaming “Jewish dog” in Arabic as he walked in a Jewish neighborhood.

In Canada, at an anti-Israel rally organized by the President of the University of Calgary pro-Palestinian club, two Jewish women were kicked and punched by a large group of angry men, and portions of the crowd chanted “Kill Jews” and “Hitler was right.” In Los Angeles, Jews at a pro-Israel rally were assaulted with sticks wielded by four men waving pro-Palestinian flags. In Boston, Jewish students had to be extracted by police from a pro-Hamas rally, at which demonstrators chanted “Jews back to Birkenau.”

Now back to American campuses. As we all know, the college campus is a hotbed for anti-Israel sentiment. Is there any reason to believe that the global anti-Zionist surge won’t permeate U.S. campuses once the school year starts? This new flood of anti-Jewish sentiment will come to campuses already racked by the virulently anti-Israel actions of student groups such as Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP), whose members are often aided and abetted by anti-Israel faculty. Last semester alone, numerous Jewish students across the country reported feeling unsafe on their campuses. Here are their firsthand accounts:

http://www.independentsentinel.com/while-global-anti-semitism-surges-dont-forget-u-s-campuses/
That is what CI backs. His opinions and reality is theirs. He is anti-Jew, that simple. A hater. Just like Hamas.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:39 am
@worldtraveler24,
Of course I bloody didn't, it would be one hell of a commute.

One thing I did learn is that plagiarism is not only illegal, but unethical, and usually practiced by those lacking the wherewithal to write something half decent themselves. As in the following.

Quote:
Use parentheses [ ( ) ] to include material that you want to de-emphasize or that wouldn't normally fit into the flow of your text but you want to include nonetheless. If the material within parentheses appears within a sentence, do not use a capital letter or period to punctuate that material, even if the material is itself a complete sentence. (A question mark or exclamation mark, however, might be appropriate and necessary.) If the material within your parentheses is written as a separate sentence (not included within another sentence), punctuate it as if it were a separate sentence.
•Thirty-five years after his death, Robert Frost (we remember him at Kennedy's inauguration) remains America's favorite poet.

•Thirty-five years after his death, Robert Frost (do you remember him?) remains America's favorite poet.

•Thirty-five years after his death, Robert Frost remains America's favorite poet. (We remember him at Kennedy's inauguration.)

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/parentheses.htm

Note how I, (unlike you) use the quote function, so as not to give the false impression that I had written the above. I also provide a link so everyone else can see what a plagiarising shyster you are.

You started this by attacking CI's grammar. Now, although it's not flawless, I don't have a problem with it, most mistakes can be put down to either typos or posting in haste, (something we're all guilty of.)

It may surprise you to learn that despite my warm, affable, and generally quite loveable personality, I actually get into quite a few arguments on A2K. There is one poster with whom I argue quite a lot, (actually, I'm not the only one,) and this poster is very quick to point out when someone's English is not up to scratch. He's had quite a lot to say about me, but he's never criticised my grammar. In fact nobody on A2K has until now, and you did it because I pointed out one of your crappy sentences. A sentence you seem incapable of finding fault with.

Quote:

Now, I've corrected it for you, it's still pretty crappy, but at least it passes muster.

What I am saying is the true Jews who follow Judaism, (which by the way according to you is mythology and Zionist propaganda,) are not the Zionists of whom you speak.

Now say thank you.

You're quite right, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, which is why you should have kept your gob shut about CI's English.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:41 am
@Germlat,
Thanks pet.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:54 am
@worldtraveler24,
Hmm. Please tell us.
Which school should we place on our 'do not attend' list?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 12:01 pm
@izzythepush,
I've just looked it up in the various curricula:
while the use of relative pronouns/clauses is already learnt from the moment, children learn English (that's in kindergarden or at least in primary school in our state), the grammar about it is taught in the 6th school year.
(When I went to school, it was the same - but we started English classes only in the 5th.)
izzythepush

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 01:27 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Well your English is a darn sight better than my German.