Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

oralloy

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 07:27 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
In the UN, Palestine is a "non-member observer state", in addition to 193 member states.
But 134 of the 193 member states of the United Nations have recognised the State of Palestine.

Thus the end of any possible chance at 1967 borders.

Secretary Kerry managed a miracle a year ago, and managed to put things back on track to 1967 borders despite what the UN did, somehow even achieving a greater hope for a peaceful resolution than any time since Bill Clinton was president.

But the Palestinians were quick to dash those hopes. The talks continue, but now it is just a matter of waiting for them to finally collapse.

One day the Palestinians will have a state, but that state will never extend any farther than the current borders of the Gaza Strip.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 10:00 am
It is interesting to look at the unwavering hatred of Israel by so many in this thread. But they don't say a word about the Nazi-like nations around the globe that are the real international villians. For instance, they say nothing about the hyman rights violations in North Korea, Turkey's illegal occupation of Cypress, China's theft of Tibet, the sluaghter of hundreds of thousands of innocent people in Syria, and the horrible oppression of women and religious minorities in essentially every Arab Country.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 10:05 am
@Advocate,
The main difference is that our respective governments are already taking action against those countries, and people like you only mention them to excuse Israel.

Perhaps Israel should be subject to the same sanctions as North Korea.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 10:24 am
@Advocate,
This is a thread about "Israel", I think - at least that's what it's title said.

Unfortunately, there's really a lot of "Nazi-like" happening in the world.
But I'm not aware of any neo-Nazi government.

It seems like carrying coal to Newcastle when you accuse "so many on this thread" about not saying a word about those mentioned "real international villains" did.
(If you call that "Nazi-like" you are really diminishing the crimes done by Nazis!)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 12:49 pm
@Advocate,
None those countries you listed claims to be democratic.
Your a ability at common sense has vacated your brain.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 12:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There are actually more than "a few voices" in Israel who want Israel to recognise Northern Cyprus - not only for business and tourism reasons but because ... the Republic of Cyprus had upgraded the Palestinian delegation to Cyprus to an embassy.
Foofie

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 04:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

There are actually more than "a few voices" in Israel who want Israel to recognise Northern Cyprus - not only for business and tourism reasons but because ... the Republic of Cyprus had upgraded the Palestinian delegation to Cyprus to an embassy.

O.K., but you have not explained the import of the Palestinian delegation being upgraded to an embassy? Meaning, what does that mean in the greater scheme of things? Please write for the possible reader, not just for those who subscribe to your politics.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 04:37 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Please write for the possible reader, not just for those who subscribe to your politics.
This has nothing to do with "my politics" at all.
And I do suppose that someone with a basic education education gets the difference between a delegation and an embassy.

If not - there's always google and wikipedia for free advice.
Foofie

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 04:41 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Please write for the possible reader, not just for those who subscribe to your politics.
This has nothing to do with "my politics" at all.
And I do suppose that someone with a basic education education gets the difference between a delegation and an embassy.

If not - there's always google and wikipedia for free advice.

O.K., an embassy is higher on the scale of political emissaries. And, therefore what does that connote? Are you implying that the Israeli population is all not marching lock-step in their politics. That Walter is old news. Do you know the old joke? In a room with ten Jews there could be 15 opinions on a subject.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 08:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

None those countries you listed claims to be democratic.
Your a ability at common sense has vacated your brain.

I see you are careful to always include some insult. You have been associating with Izzy too closely.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 06:26 am
@Advocate,
Speaking about insult ...
Bill to ban Nazi symbols passes first hurdle
Quote:
The bill that would ban the use of Nazi symbols passed its preliminary reading in the Knesset Wednesday, over the objections of Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein, who said it raised constitutional problems.

The bill, submitted by MK Shimon Ohayon (Likud-Yisrael Beiteinu) received 44 votes, with 17 MKs voting against and 12 abstaining.

The bill, which was approved by the Ministerial Committee for Legislation on Sunday, seeks to forbid the use of the word “Nazi” or symbols associated with the Holocaust or the Nazi regime, like the swastika or the yellow star, for any purpose other than education or documentation. Violators would be subject to up to six months’ imprisonment and a fine of up to 100,000 shekels ($28,700).

Quote:
Backers of the law say it is a response to what they see as a rising tide of anti-Semitism around the world as well as an increasing, casual invocation of such terms and totems in Israeli politics and even teenage trash talk.

“We have to be the leader of this battle, of this struggle, in order to encourage other countries,” Shimon Ohayon, the lawmaker sponsoring the bill, said in an interview. “We, in our land, can find enough words and expressions and idioms to express our opinions. What I’m asking is, please put away this special situation that has to do with our history.”
Source
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 11:46 am
@Advocate,
The reasons for the insults seems to go way over your head.
If you took heed of the reasons, you should learn to post ideas that are not easy targets for insults. I don't expect any less when I post any opinion
izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 11:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
Advocate drops bloopers all over A2K. OMSigDavid dealt with this idiotic outburst masterfully, by far the funniest thing on the thread.

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Advocate wrote:

blueveinedthrobber wrote:

Lorena Bobbitt has been in an automobile accident....apparently some prick cut her off

Autorities found the penis in the yard in which Lorena tossed it.
What I would like to know is how they knew it was her husband's.
I think it was within a few hours of the surgery.
Apparently, there were not many penises near that road.

http://able2know.org/reply/post-5552513/quote/
Foofie

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 10:00 am
This is really the stupidest thread, in my opinion, since aside from the word in the title of the thread should be "systematically," not "systemically," the only solution to the Middle East squabbles will be done diplomatically or militarily, but not by tit for tat posts. Boys, you can come in now for milk and cookies.
Advocate

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 07:46 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Advocate drops bloopers all over A2K. OMSigDavid dealt with this idiotic outburst masterfully, by far the funniest thing on the thread.

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Advocate wrote:

blueveinedthrobber wrote:

Lorena Bobbitt has been in an automobile accident....apparently some prick cut her off

Autorities found the penis in the yard in which Lorena tossed it.
What I would like to know is how they knew it was her husband's.
I think it was within a few hours of the surgery.
Apparently, there were not many penises near that road.

http://able2know.org/reply/post-5552513/quote/

David got the joke. But I think you are too old to think other than literally.
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 09:05 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Boys, you can come in now for milk and cookies.

How about some red lollipops? Twisted Evil Razz Laughing Wink Mr. Green
izzythepush

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 03:59 am
@Advocate,
Still pretending it was a joke and not something stupid? That's about par for the course. You go on claiming black is white beyond absurdity. Now that's the real joke.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 11:11 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Boys, you can come in now for milk and cookies.

How about some red lollipops? Twisted Evil Razz Laughing Wink Mr. Green

I don't give out red lollipops to everyone. Only to those that chorus my perceptions.
Miller

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 01:21 pm
@Foofie,
What if we don't like RED?
Foofie

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 06:46 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

What if we don't like RED?

Who is "we"? It has been a long day; please direct your lollipop inquiries through official channels.
0 Replies