rainsoft system not using any salt

Joethewaterguy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 04:25 pm
@H2O MAN,
you've seen my other post, I'm still getting replacement parts under warranty returns, in fact I just shipped back a brass valve for warranty replacement and the new one is on the way back to me
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 07:13 pm
@Joethewaterguy,

Some replacement parts are available while supplies last, but
a few key parts like the index lever were deleted years ago.

The mechanical timer mechanism will not work without and index lever.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 11:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
ok, that horse is dead, you can stop beating it now. Again, the index lever is part of the electrical timer mechanism,which only had a 10 year warranty, prorated after 5 years. There is a replacement digital kit available, to replace the timer units. Since this person has a Q2, there is no reason to confuse him with a conversation about a different series.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 07:35 am
@Joethewaterguy,
Joethewaterguy wrote:

ok, that horse is dead, you can stop beating it now. Again, the index lever is part of the electrical timer mechanism,which only had a 10 year warranty, prorated after 5 years.

That horse ain't dead if you happen to be a BrainSoft customer that owns one.

BrainSoft did these people wrong and you know it.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 06:01 pm
@H2O MAN,
any local authorized dealer/ service provider can provide the tc series digital replacement for the brass valve timer mech.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 06:35 pm
@Joethewaterguy,

Yeah, at what cost?
Joethewaterguy

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2009 10:15 pm
@H2O MAN,
depending on 120 or 24 ,lets say less that 500
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:42 am
@Joethewaterguy,
Joethewaterguy wrote:

depending on 120 or 24 ,lets say less that 500

A complete, modern, metered, digital control valve can be had for about the same money
Joethewaterguy

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 05:30 pm
@H2O MAN,
yeah, replumb, another few hunnerd bucks to have someone do it, and what if I like my Rainsoft? We are not all skilled in doing these things. I can't light a match without burning something down...........
0 Replies

zzbusch

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:27 am
@Joethewaterguy,
I have two questions. One is, how do I know which way the poppet goes into the Triguard? My poppet has a pointy end and a long end. Which way does it go?
Second question is: I have found an orange granular salt looking residue on my faucet aerators and on my washing machine intake screen. Anyone know what it is. It must be coming from my softener.
Thanks.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 07:40 am
@zzbusch,
Pointy end up.

It sounds like resin is escaping from the tank.
Can you post a picture?
zzbusch

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 03:44 am
@H2O MAN,
I have no picture, but when I was reinstalling the Triguard after turning over my poppet, A bunch of the stuff came out via the bottom tube on the Triguard. The tube with the flow restricter.I cleaned out the Triguard and let the water stream out the tube to clear it. Now it seems to be OK. My Triguard seems to be working properly now. I'll check it when I regenerate this Saturday.
Thanks.
zzbusch

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 03:52 am
Another question, if I may. How do I tell if my unit is in the proper cycle? I was watching a regeneration, and saw that during the rinse cycle, it drew brine from the tank. It didn't draw brine during the brine cycle. I'm wondering if my timer is somehow running off cycle. Does the timer automatically reset itself after each regen? I've had to rebuild most of the control head. When I plugged it in after the rebuild it did automatically spin the control wheels, but I'm not sure it's in the proper cycle each regen.
Thanks.
0 Replies

zzbusch

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 03:00 pm
@zzbusch,
I have confirmed it. I am losing grains from the softener tank. I guess it's time for a new softener. I'm going to go with a Fleck 5600, I think.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 03:41 pm
@zzbusch,
Consider a softener with a metered digital Fleck 2510, IMHO, it's a much better and more user friendly control valve than the 5600
0 Replies

svcman

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 01:02 am
@H2O MAN,
h2o guy is wrong, it has nothing to do with the 2 o rings on the injector, it could also be the brine tab but not both tabs, most likely a combo of triguard and or poppet and or brine tab
0 Replies

svcman

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 01:05 am
@H2O MAN,
h2o man...you are so wrong so many times,It's no wonder all you do is replace the valves... you don't know how to work on them.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 09:04 pm
@svcman,
svcman, you are entitled to you opinion.
0 Replies

rzhlq4

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 06:06 pm
I have a Q2 system and it does not always seem to be drawing as much brine water as the amount of water it puts in.
Triguard ball rattles.
It like it can not 'suck' the brine out.

Thoughts
rzhlq4

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 06:28 pm
@rzhlq4,

Should add that it is cycling thru the cycles.
Both cams are rotating.
0 Replies