sozobe

Mon 2 Feb, 2009 02:48 pm
@Swimpy,
Thanks!

We went ahead and put the chair there and it's been SO nice. (No pics yet, it's not finished and I want to do a more complete "after" pic instead of "before" and "a little later" and "a little later yet" and...)

I thought I'd show a partial picture of the view though. There are a lot of things to see but the main one is our huge (~150') cottonwoods. We've discovered a lot of things since we moved the chair.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/sozobe/viewfrommywindowannotated.jpg

That lump in the "raccoon hammock" might possibly be a raccoon, I can't tell. That's where three of them were snuggled last night. (I took the picture a couple of days ago and wasn't looking for raccoons.) E.G. saw one climbing up the tree, otherwise we never would've noticed 'em. They glanced at us grumpily when we shone the flashlight on them but otherwise didn't stir much.

There's always something going on, the tree is critter city. Love sitting there and watching. E.G. and sozlet have a new routine of sitting there at night before bed, with all the lights off -- we still have a lot of snow so it's quite bright and easy to see stuff out there, when a lot of critters are stirring.
CalamityJane

Wed 4 Feb, 2009 04:07 pm
aaww that's great isn't it, when you've got some wild life practically in front
of your door - window in this case.

Our most exciting "animal watching" time was when we had this huge spider
outside my daughters window and we could observe how insects got caught
in the net and how the spider cocooned them.

I imagine that tree will look beautiful in the summertime with a full
set of leaves. Can you see the tree from your bed?
boomerang

Wed 4 Feb, 2009 04:36 pm
What a great stool and a great tree!

Was it hard to sew that trim to the fabric and have it come out square? Is there a trick? I've tried that but have never had it lay right when finished.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 4 Feb, 2009 05:45 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
pure coincidence

Great find in your stash - but I'd argue that it's more about your eye than coincidence. I find that people who have well-developed senses of colour/pattern often have coincidences like this. Shoes that work with a rarely worn jacket in the back of a cupboard, cups that match plates bought in a different decade and country. When you've got the eye, happy 'coincidences' happen.

S'fantastic!
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 4 Feb, 2009 07:51 pm
@CalamityJane,
CJane: Yep, it's really nice in the summer -- pretty much a solid wall of green out there. A little harder to see animals though. The spider sounds really cool!

boomerang: I start to explain what I did and get all tongue-tied -- showing I can do, explaining is harder.

The sari border had that green at the very edge and I wanted to use that, so I sewed that part on top of the red fabric (as opposed to the more usual right sides together, inside out, since if the seam was any more than about 3/8 of an inch, the green would disappear). Using black thread that disappeared nicely, I sewed right at the very edge and then again on the other side of the green (about 1/4 inch away) to make sure it stayed. (The green fabric edge was finished -- serged?) I -- mitered? -- the corners; that is, I folded over the edges at a 45-degree angle so they met at the edges.

THEN, after the sari border was sewed on, I turned the whole thing over and sewed the um vertical edge (the squared-off, sari-border-only part) with right sides together. I ran the seam up to the higher of the two existing thread lines, then when I turned it right side out, it had that shape to it.

All of it was very eyebally and improvisational, probably some simpler trick to it.

ehBeth: Hey, thanks! I'm having fun.
0 Replies

Thomas

Wed 4 Feb, 2009 08:01 pm
@sozobe,
Just out of curiosity: Is this your swing tree? It looks very similar to me, but I'm not seeing the swing in the picture.
sozobe

Thu 5 Feb, 2009 06:35 am
@Thomas,
Yep. The rope of the swing is just out of the frame.

Also in this picture it looks kind of like it's one tree, it's actually a pair, one behind the other.
0 Replies

thetempo

Tue 30 Jul, 2013 01:48 am
@sozobe,
you can combine curtain, drape, blind, Shutter with Sheer, shade, Valance, Cornice, Swag and cascade. At the time of protecting your privacy, it can also add beauty and light to your room.
0 Replies

johnmark487

Sat 3 Aug, 2013 03:08 am
@sozobe,
Very nice post thanks for all about this.. Smile
0 Replies

thetempo

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 03:02 am
@sozobe,
the window treatment looks dull and no special, but the curtain you choose is beautiful, very nice! rod will goes well for your window treatment.
0 Replies

monnaie

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 12:35 am
@sozobe,
Nice Idea, but you can make it more attractive know? its nice to see modern curtains!
0 Replies

HarleySmith

Tue 10 Mar, 2015 01:11 am
@boomerang,
Hi,
If it was my room I will Probably made them as sliding window. Sliding window looks simple and easy to open and close.
0 Replies

lussomora

Sat 9 Sep, 2017 12:41 am
@sozobe,
Hey, I'm new here and have experience in interior designing aka home decoration. You can ask me anything related to interior design services. I'll be happy to help you to the best of my knowledge.
0 Replies

luxura

Mon 6 Nov, 2017 03:55 am
@ossobuco,
Hold opposite corners and firmly shake until the duck feather cushion pad has expanded in size. It’s important to repeat this when the cushion loses spring once in a while. The seams of the duck feather cushion pads are the the only breathable part of the cushion pad as the microfibre polyester cover is waxed.When dry cleaning duck feather cushion pads make sure to hand wash or use a large washing machine on a wool cycle at 40°c, either tumble dry or spin dry and make sure the duck feather filling is thoroughly dry, it’s also advised not to iron.
0 Replies

luxura

Mon 6 Nov, 2017 03:58 am
@ehBeth,
To comply with certain standards, our duck feather filling goes through severe washing and drying to remove any unwanted substances. the duck feather filling is washed at 120°c along with disinfectants to abolish any harmful bacteria and viruses. Our suppliers source duck feathers ethically and are reviewed on a frequent basis to comply with this controversial factor. They also regulate the washing and drying process to ensure the final duck feather cushion pads are suitable for customer use.
Israel Cagan

Sun 12 Nov, 2017 01:45 am
@sozobe,
Great information
0 Replies

roger

Sun 12 Nov, 2017 02:11 am
@luxura,
luxura wrote:

To comply with certain standards, our duck feather filling goes through severe washing and drying to remove any unwanted substances. the duck feather filling is washed at 120°c along with disinfectants to abolish any harmful bacteria and viruses. Our suppliers source duck feathers ethically and are reviewed on a frequent basis to comply with this controversial factor. They also regulate the washing and drying process to ensure the final duck feather cushion pads are suitable for customer use.

That's way above the boiling point of water. How do you do that?
Walter Hinteler

Sun 12 Nov, 2017 02:26 am
@roger,
Perhaps with a high pressure washing machine? At 2 bar, the water would boil at 121°C
roger

Sun 12 Nov, 2017 02:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Of course!
0 Replies