Stupid Crimes Thread

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2002 09:16 pm
Ok, we always hear about those "so-stupid-it's-hillarious" crimes. If you know a good one share it here.

Quote:
A man from the town of Grand Forks, North Dakota, decided to travel to Fargo so that he could rob the First Community Bank. The criminal quickly scribbled a note demanding money and gave it to the teller. Frightened, she gave the man what he asked for and watched him run out of the door. Police were called and searches of the surrounding area turned up nothing. Upon reviewing the ransom note, it was noted that the message had been written on the perpetrator's bank deposit slip. Police traveled to the man's house and arrested him on his front porch.

Quote:
Arizona A company called "Guns For Hire" stages gunfights for Western movies and other events. One day, a middle-aged woman called to inquire if they could kill her husband. She was sentenced to four and a half years.

Quote:
Pensacola, Florida A man robs a motel late at night and then proceeds to run into the nearby woods. The clerk called the police and upon arriving they started to search the woods. Since it was pitch black that night they figured they would never catch the perpetrator until one of them noticed flashing red lights. The robber was wearing a pair of sneakers that have the flashing lights when he steps.

Find some more and come back and share them with us.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 5,935 • Replies: 6
No top replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2002 04:01 pm
Gotta just love the

stupid criminals!!!
If I find any, I will share.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 05:23 pm
I remeber when I moved to Houston in the late 70's I was accompanied to the crime of misdemeanor murder, I wife who stabbed her husband to death in the apartment parking lot. Of course, he deserved it. Or how about the convience store that was robbed with a 1) snake 2) cactus.

Or more recently the guy who scoped out the store first and got a six pack of beer to kinda blend you know. Went to the register and told the guy to empty out the register for him and put the beer in a sack. The attendant told him he would have to give him ID for the beer and he complied!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 09:49 pm
One of my favorites jerks did whatever in LA and then engaged the LAPD in a chase all the way onto I-5 South where they picked up a bevy of CHPs these guys drove all the way to Tijuana and crashed through the gates where the Tijuana police were waiting for them. All was on camera of course. The first thing the two guys asked was we want to hear our Miranda Rights and we want a lawyer, the Mexican police just laughed.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 10:12 pm
Just heard one on the news last night, though I didn't catch where it happened. At any rate, the bad guy got in a woman's car and forced her at gunpoint to drive to her bank. There he sent her into the bank to withdraw all her money while he waited in the car. She, of course, went in to the bank, told them what was happening and the police came and took him away.

Wonder if he realized exactly what his mistake was?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 11:24 pm
I love this kind of story. Among my favorites are the idiot bankrobber who foiled his own getaway by locking his keys in his car, and the goof who decided to rob a busy bar, which that particular evening was hosting a benefit for the local police department's Youth Activity League. One night not long ago, a couple geniouses held up a small business not far rom where I live, taking a paltry amount of money, a few retail items, and a cellphone which belonged to an employee of the robbed business. The desperadoes fled into the woods barely ahead of the police responding to the silent alarm, and managed to evade capture ... for a few hours. They became lost in the night time woods, and ... you guessed it ... used the stolen cellphone to call 911 for help. Their "rescue" was accomplished in short order.

timber
BillW

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 04:39 pm
@timberlandko,
The second thread I ever posted on with some trully olden goldies - ones that are missed an awful lot responding...... Maybe it will get more attention this time!

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1201275/thumbs/s-JAMIE-NEIL-large.jpg?7

Jamie Neil Robbed Gas Station Wearing A Clear Plastic Bag

There are dumb thieves and there is Jamie Neil.

This 41-year-old Brit was convicted this week of robbing a gas station in Cornwall, U.K. last September -- while wearing a see-through plastic bag.

Neil and his accomplice, Gareth Tilley, 20, were drunk and high on stolen medication when they decided to rob the gas station. In their haste, they each grabbed the nearest thing they could use as a disguise; a scarf for Tilley and a plastic bag for Neil, the Daily Mail reported.

Tilley wasn't exactly a top-notch criminal either.

He tried using his mobile phone as a pretend gun, only to have the phone light up during the call. When that happened, the female cashier quickly hit an alarm. Neil then head-butted her, and he and Tilley grabbed several bottles of booze and made their getaway, the Metro reported.

However, Neil's see-through bag was such a lame disguise that he was arrested two days later by an off-duty cop who instantly recognised him in the street from the security footage, the Sun reported.

Neil was sentenced to two years in prison for his crime while Tilley received a two-year sentence at an earlier trial, according to the Telegraph.

0 Replies