Help! I Think That I am Addicted to Text Twist

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 04:57 am
A couple of days ago, I discovered MSN's Text Twist:

http://zone.msn.com/en/texttwist/default.htm

I am not much of a gamer. I have a little bridge game downloaded on my computer that I play once in awhile, and have been known to spend just a few minutes on Bejeweled, when I have the need to relax and tune out.

A couple of days ago, I discovered Text Twist. I thought that it looked interesting, and would probably be helpful in the interest of sharp mindedness.

As they say about crack cocaine, try it once, and you are hooked. I played the game until I was bleary eyed, and had to use eye drops. I found that I could not pull myself away from the computer. I am very good at finding the word that uses all the letters, and each time, I was entitled to go to the next level. All day, I kept attempting to beat my best score.

Have any of you had this experience with computer games? Which ones? Did the addiction last, or did you tire of it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,996 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 05:15 am
I play the game "jinky pop" http://www.boxerjam.com/ with several ladies on the 'yabber-liner' thread. We started about 2 years ago and have been playing the game almost on a daily basis. Seems to get you in.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 05:19 am
@Phoenix32890,
You just HAD to post the link. Didn't ya. Razz

2,497 people are playing TextTwist right now. Are you one of them, Phoenix?
Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 05:22 am
@Intrepid,
Not now, but a couple of minutes ago. Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 10:33 am
@Phoenix32890,
Naw, give me a good crossword puzzle any day. It's quick and easy to start and pack up when you've had enough.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 10:40 am
@Phoenix32890,
Text Twist is one of the word games I love. There are some great ones over at nabiscoworld.com . I was introduced to the games there by one of the crones back in Abuzz days. There's a fun version of Mahjong there as well.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 10:59 am
@Phoenix32890,
I play Bookworm and Word Slinger every day at some point.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 01:15 pm
That game is a blast, Phoenix! Thanks!

I'll bet you would like Out of Order at www.boxerjam.com. I play Know It All, Hexagone and Mindstein there all the time.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 02:33 pm
@boomerang,
Hexagone is a bit addictive.

I like daNumba at nabiscoworld when I want to work on my "mental math" muscles.

0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 12:06 pm
I really, really hate you now, Phoenix.

(But I now have my personal best score at 44,530.)
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 12:52 pm
@boomerang,
boomer- That game is like eating potato chips. There's no way in hell that you can stop at just one.
(BTW, you are doing much better than me!) Sad
DrewDad

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 01:01 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I love Text Twist. I've gotten to the point where I can stop after just one game, though.

(It helps that it lets you pause between rounds; I can get some real work done and still go back when I'm waiting on something.)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 01:07 pm
@Reyn,
Quote:
Naw, give me a good crossword puzzle any day.
here ya go...
boomerang

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 01:13 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Ha! I've got nothing else to do. We've got a foot and a half of snow on the ground and the entire city has ground to a halt. We rarely get snow so the city has no way to deal with it.

I actually appreciate the link. It's kept me from just being brain dead.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 01:15 pm
I used to play an occasional cumpter game..but now that I have my 2nd rescue Border Collie, my time is pretty limited. Every time I spend more than 2 mins at the computer and divert my attention from her, the dog will drag useful items and drop them outside in the snow banks. Windchill here is under zero degrees F and there's over a foot of snow. I find it kind of laughable to retrieve my remote but when she drops my shoes in the snow it makes things a tad difficult to go outside.

Oh yes, and last night, my wallet showed up on the floor and all the money was taken out and placed on the floor. She was about to go online and invest it on E-trade, but I stopped her. That damned baby on that E-trade commercial convinced her she could do it.
Ragman

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 07:22 am
@Ragman,
sniff sniff Sad Confused I feel I have been dissed. Not even a snicker? Neutral
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 12:59 pm
@Ragman,
[sigh] Alwrightee... Laughing
10+ months late but better then nothing. Wink

As for the original thread topic? I wish there was a way to get the programmers of Text Twist to update their bloody dictionary. I would love it even more if they learned to recognize that their dictionary needs to be updated every once in a few months.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 01:58 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

[sigh] Alwrightee... Laughing
10+ months late but better then nothing. Wink

As for the original thread topic? I wish there was a way to get the programmers of Text Twist to update their bloody dictionary. I would love it even more if they learned to recognize that their dictionary needs to be updated every once in a few months.

The game is still playable but the dictionary isn't fully stocked.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 04:37 pm
@Region Philbis,

8 years ago, I wrote:
8 years ago, Reyn wrote:
Naw, give me a good crossword puzzle any day.
here ya go...

amazing -- the page still exists... Smile

R(what R the odds)P
0 Replies