Caylee Anthony Murder Case

djjd62

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:12 pm
@ossobuco,
i think she's damaged beyond repair

even if she had nothing what so ever to do with the disappearance and death, she went a month claiming everything was all right and partying it up, revelling in her new found freedom, denying she had a child to some

i can't think of anything she could add to society
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:22 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i'm not overly surprised, the circumstantial evidence was huge, but the direct proof was lacking

hoping the judge gives her jail time for the lying and some possible beatings could still occur

Heard a couple of Legal Talking Heads saying that an unspoken understanding is that the judge is going to give her consecutive sentences totally 20 years or so.

Virtually all of them were wrong about the verdict, so what do they know?

I hope they're right and he gives her the max on each of the 4 lying counts to run consecutively.

At least some justice will be served.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
She could get 20 years for lying? How ironic that would be. She walks on murder but can spend 20 years in jail for lying. WOW! I couldn't tell a thing about how the judge felt about the verdicts when he read them. I wonder if Jose has told Casey this is possible? She seemed too relieved to even be thinking about it.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 05:10 pm
I just read in the news that Casey can get a maximum of ONE year for each count she was found guilty of. Unbelievable.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 05:23 pm
@Arella Mae,
It's possible, but I don't think it's probable.

We can hope though.

It took a while and a strange twist to get OJ, but in the end he got a 30+ year sentence. The earliest he will get out is 2018.

It's pure speculation at this point, but one could make an argument that Judge Perry didn't like Jose Baez, didn't like the defense's case, didn't like Casey Anthony or any combination of the three.

It would be ironic, but his (seeming) favoring of the prosecution over the defense could have ticked the jury off, and influenced their decision.

It will depend upon if and how strongly he believes Casey murdered her child, and whether or not he is willing to impose his own sense of justice over the jury's. Possible, but not probable, yet with this case who can predict anything?

I think he was angered not only by the Defense's obvious tactic to just throw a bunch of crap on the wall and see what stuck, but with how Casey's undeniable lying affected the investigation of her daughter's death.

Sentencing is this week so we won't have long to wait.

No matter how you look at it Caylee has not received justice. Clearly, she is gone from this world and I think it would be absurd to believe that she is looking down on these proceedings and hoping her murderer was punished, but the rest of us stand in her shoes and the shoes of every other murder victim. If justice is not served in the death of Caylee Anthony, then we all suffer.

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 05:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The article I read said she can get a maximum of one year for each guilty count. There is no way the judge can give her more can he? I couldn't have voted for First Degree either but I do believe she did it. It's so hard to believe there are people like her in the world sometimes. Her whole family is ruined. That beautiful little child taken away from everyone and she might get four years? I know it rarely happens but is jury nullification any kind of possibility?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 06:32 pm
@Arella Mae,
I don't know for certain.

I'm going by what one of the TV lawyers reported. I hope he's right
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 07:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I hope he's right too!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 07:21 am
Here is a link to an interview with one of the alternate jurors. He believes Caylee was accidentally killed and George helped Casey cover it up. He says he didn't believe Caylee's body was ever in the trunk. This person thinks that Caylee was buried just like their pets and that is when the duct tape was put on Caylee. I am not buying that! I wonder if it is possible to go after George for anything? I know the mother could be charged with perjury. Do you think this is the end?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/05/florida.casey.anthony.legal/index.html?hpt=hp_c1
Linkat

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 08:26 am
@Arella Mae,
According to everything I read it is a max of 1 year per - which would be a max of 4 years. Something doesn't add up.
djjd62

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 08:30 am
@Linkat,
and given time served, she could well be partying again by Christmas
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 08:30 am
@Arella Mae,
I've also heard there are pictures and other evidence that is sealed (just what I've heard through some interviews - take it with a grain of salt) - stuff around Caley having her daughter pimped out -

Could potentially lead to other future charges...again take with a grain of salt
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 08:49 am
Quote:
Let he who is without sin...
djjd62

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 08:51 am
@Miller,
the sinners are best capable to blame and judge, they get it

the idea of a jury of ones peers always makes me laugh, if it was true, then casey anthony should have been judged by big tittied party whores (and lets face it, it can't be that hard to find 12 in pinellas park florida Razz )
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 09:45 am
@Arella Mae,
I think it's the end, or should be.

Unless one believes George is responsible for Caylee's death, what crime did he commit that they didn't even bother to charge Casey with? Illegal treatment of a corpse?

It appears that George is hardly the world's best husband and he might have been a flawed father, but if there's no evidence that Casey killed her daughter, then there certainly isn't any that he molested his.

If the alternate juror is in any way speaking for the rest of the jury, then it boggles the mind that they would allow a flimsy suspicion about George to invalidate a far more substatiated suspicion of Casey. It appears these folks may have misunderstood the concept of "reasonable doubt."

I don't see any perjury charges coming down the pike either. The prosecution lost (unfortunately) and they probably want to forget about it, not bring it back into the public's eye by charging George and/or Cindy and appearing to be vindictive "sore losers."
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 10:43 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
It is such a controversial case. I really was quite shocked to hear that alternate juror thinks George did have something to do with covering this up.

Miller, I'm not trying to cast any stones. I'm trying to understand. I feel so sorry for the people directly involved. Their lives have been upended and in some cases destroyed.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 03:33 pm
@Arella Mae,
A couple of jurors have now spoken to the media and it certainly appears that they all fixated on George.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 03:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
That surprises me. I didn't believe anything Casey said about George and I didn't buy the "other woman" either. I will have to do some reading to see why they did that.
0 Replies