0

Rainsoft Q valve obsolete parts

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 09:12 am
I realize that the Rainsoft Q valve is osolete. But with my finacial situation, I canno afford to replace the system or the valve with a Clack or Fleck at this time.

Does anyone know where to get new or used Q valve parts. I need a tab spring and in reading H2Oman's posting, I should be replacing the two tabs themselves. I can get the o-rings from a local supply house and I have the aptitude to rebuild the valve.

Any advice on how to pull the valve body out without damaging it. I imagine it could be bound up with sediment.

Thanks for any help,

Carey

H2O MAN

1  
Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 04:07 pm

I am searching the land for parts to repair the obsolete brass RainSoft valves...
Joethewaterguy

1  
Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 04:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
any authorized service provider can get the parts needed
H2O MAN

1  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 12:06 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Joethewaterguy wrote:

No they can't.

RainSoft ended factory support of the brass valve a few years ago.
Joethewaterguy

1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 08:10 am
@H2O MAN,
I get all the parts I need direct from Rainsoft. I guess it's that "authorized service provider" thing. Of course the timer mechs have been changed to digital boards, but the other parts are still available.
H2O MAN

1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 02:05 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Joethewaterguy wrote:

I get all the parts I need direct from Rainsoft.

I'm impressed... you are the only one on this planet that can get obsolete parts from RainSoft.
Why don't you set me up with a gross of index levers, piston & injector O rings and shut of tabs...
Joethewaterguy

1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 02:16 pm
@H2O MAN,
as mentioned, timer mechs are obsolete, including index levers, they now have a converion kit to digital. all the other parts are still available. per my contract with Rainsoft, I can't sell parts to an unauthorized service tech.
H2O MAN

1  
Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 11:06 am
@Joethewaterguy,

The Q valves are also obsolete and you can't sell what you can't buy no matter what your contract says.
Joethewaterguy

1  
Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 11:36 am
@H2O MAN,
I really don't want to argue with you. Obviously you have a bug up somewhere. I started looking on here to see if I could help people out with Rainsoft and the problems they are having. You are right in saying that the brass valves are obsolete, but, here's the but, if a customer of mine is the original buyer of the system, and the brass valve is defective, I can get a new one shipped today from Rainsoft.
H2O MAN

1  
Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:31 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Joethewaterguy wrote:

I can get a new one shipped today from Rainsoft.

I will argue that your claim is untrue.
Joethewaterguy

1  
Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:43 pm
@H2O MAN,
argue all you want, I'm not here to argue, just try to help, before I posted the message about getting a new valve body, I called Rainsoft to verify that I could get one. Don't tell me that I'm the one that's being untrue to these people asking for help

Joethewaterguy

1  
Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:44 pm
@H2O MAN,
I just don't understand why you are trying to screw with me
Joethewaterguy

1  
Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:45 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
ok, maybe because of the time of day? it might not ship till tomorrow
H2O MAN

1  
Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2009 06:54 am
@Joethewaterguy,
RainSoft is selling off old stock...

gkrfat4

1  
Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 12:20 pm
@ckiernan,
Why buy a new value when it has a lifetime warranty? Shouldn't they replace your unit with a current model for free if they cannot fix your obsolete unit?
H2O MAN

1  
Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 12:29 pm
@gkrfat4,
gkrfat4 wrote:

Why buy a new value when it has a lifetime warranty?
Shouldn't they replace your unit with a current model for free if they cannot fix your obsolete unit?

FREE?

Good luck getting RainSoft to replace any obsolete unit with a current model for free.

waterdude

1  
Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 09:09 pm
@ckiernan,
Carey
Call 800-811-3498....the parts are available and if a local Rainsoft told you other call the 800 # or another Rainsoft Dealer...there is plenty of them out there
take care