Rainsoft Q valve obsolete parts

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 09:12 am
I realize that the Rainsoft Q valve is osolete. But with my finacial situation, I canno afford to replace the system or the valve with a Clack or Fleck at this time.

Does anyone know where to get new or used Q valve parts. I need a tab spring and in reading H2Oman's posting, I should be replacing the two tabs themselves. I can get the o-rings from a local supply house and I have the aptitude to rebuild the valve.

Any advice on how to pull the valve body out without damaging it. I imagine it could be bound up with sediment.

Thanks for any help,

Carey
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 5,810 • Replies: 16
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 04:07 pm

I am searching the land for parts to repair the obsolete brass RainSoft valves...
Joethewaterguy

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 04:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
any authorized service provider can get the parts needed
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 12:06 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Joethewaterguy wrote:

any authorized service provider can get the parts needed

No they can't.

RainSoft ended factory support of the brass valve a few years ago.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 08:10 am
@H2O MAN,
I get all the parts I need direct from Rainsoft. I guess it's that "authorized service provider" thing. Of course the timer mechs have been changed to digital boards, but the other parts are still available.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 02:05 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Joethewaterguy wrote:

I get all the parts I need direct from Rainsoft.

I'm impressed... you are the only one on this planet that can get obsolete parts from RainSoft.
Why don't you set me up with a gross of index levers, piston & injector O rings and shut of tabs...
Joethewaterguy

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 02:16 pm
@H2O MAN,
as mentioned, timer mechs are obsolete, including index levers, they now have a converion kit to digital. all the other parts are still available. per my contract with Rainsoft, I can't sell parts to an unauthorized service tech.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 11:06 am
@Joethewaterguy,

The Q valves are also obsolete and you can't sell what you can't buy no matter what your contract says.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 11:36 am
@H2O MAN,
I really don't want to argue with you. Obviously you have a bug up somewhere. I started looking on here to see if I could help people out with Rainsoft and the problems they are having. You are right in saying that the brass valves are obsolete, but, here's the but, if a customer of mine is the original buyer of the system, and the brass valve is defective, I can get a new one shipped today from Rainsoft.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:31 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Joethewaterguy wrote:

I can get a new one shipped today from Rainsoft.

I will argue that your claim is untrue.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:43 pm
@H2O MAN,
argue all you want, I'm not here to argue, just try to help, before I posted the message about getting a new valve body, I called Rainsoft to verify that I could get one. Don't tell me that I'm the one that's being untrue to these people asking for help
0 Replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:44 pm
@H2O MAN,
I just don't understand why you are trying to screw with me
Joethewaterguy

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:45 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
ok, maybe because of the time of day? it might not ship till tomorrow
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2009 06:54 am
@Joethewaterguy,
RainSoft is selling off old stock...
0 Replies

gkrfat4

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 12:20 pm
@ckiernan,
Why buy a new value when it has a lifetime warranty? Shouldn't they replace your unit with a current model for free if they cannot fix your obsolete unit?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 12:29 pm
@gkrfat4,
gkrfat4 wrote:

Why buy a new value when it has a lifetime warranty?
Shouldn't they replace your unit with a current model for free if they cannot fix your obsolete unit?

FREE?

Good luck getting RainSoft to replace any obsolete unit with a current model for free.

0 Replies

waterdude

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 09:09 pm
@ckiernan,
Carey
Call 800-811-3498....the parts are available and if a local Rainsoft told you other call the 800 # or another Rainsoft Dealer...there is plenty of them out there
take care

0 Replies