Nationalism

ok

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 02:37 pm
How is nationalism an issue today with various countries and ethnic groups? Name the countries/groups and results..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,393 • Replies: 12
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 02:39 pm
@ok,
us and them.
Eva

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 02:44 pm
Welcome to A2K, ok.

I'm afraid you may be mistaken about our site. We are not a resource for homework. I'm afraid you will have to do your own research.

Good luck!

hingehead

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 11:35 pm
@Eva,
eva wrote:
I'm afraid you may be mistaken about our site. We are not a resource for homework. I'm afraid you will have to do your own research.

Well that's just typical of your kind.
Eva

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 12:14 am
@hingehead,
Are you trying to insult me, hingehead? Why? I've never said a bad word to you or about you.

(sigh)

Oh well. If you're going to be like that, there's always "Ignore."

hingehead

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 12:18 am
@Eva,
It was irony dear, i was trying to sound nationalistic - sorry, it's my odd, hibernian, sense of humour. No offense intended. I probably deserve ignoring anyway.
Eva

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 12:24 am
@hingehead,
Embarrassed Sorry.

(slaps self on forehead)

I really hate it when I miss a joke.
msolga

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 01:50 am
@dyslexia,
Quote:
us and them.

Yep, that's about the size of it.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 09:32 am
@Eva,
Heh, I thought he was referring to you being a teacher and it being typical of a teacher to bust a student for not doing their own homework research. Laughing That too would be a good example of nationalism and the good and bad of it.
Eva

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 10:11 am
@Butrflynet,
That's true. Or he could've meant I was acting like a typical mom. Or a typical middle-aged person who doesn't "get" it. All of which are no doubt equally true. Laughing Cool

Nevertheless, we ought to have some sort of stock reply when students come on here and ask us to do their homework for them. I can see how they would misunderstand the purpose of this site from its name and promotion. They need to understand that we're just regular folks who come here for our own enjoyment, not employees who are getting paid to answer questions.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 10:12 am
And by the way, Dys's answer was simply brilliant.

Three words. How does he do that?!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 10:34 am
@ok,
The big problem with the idea of one-world government or universal empire......

Nations are God's way of weeding out bad economic and political ideas.

For instance, if it had been necessary for the people to rise up and overthrow the CCCP, it never would have happened, the state had an absolute monopoly on weapons. The CCCP fell because the commie bosses themselves were able to get over to Marienplaze and other German and Scandinavian shopping malls and see ordinary European people buying things which they themselves could not own (which their fubar system could not produce or provide).

If on the other hand the whole world had gone commie in the 1930s, there would have been no such basis for comparison and the whole human race might have gone extinct before anybody figured out they had a problem.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 11:25 am
@gungasnake,
Thems and usses.
0 Replies