Thanksgiving. Tell us (non-US folk) what it's all about.

Green Witch

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 04:48 pm
@farmerman,
I was thinking of making it after your post. Whose recipe did you settle on? And yes, clotted cream is the way to go.

My other favorite British food is sausage rolls. The ones with a lot of sage and puffed pastry. I lived on them when I was a poor student in London.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 08:55 pm
@aidan,
No offense meant, aidan, but this is seriously weird food to an outsider! Shocked

Quote:
*red cabbage seasoned with a dressing of butter, vinegar, BROWN Sugar (NEVER WHITE sugar0, grapefruit juice -never orange-with satsumas stirred in after it steams
*sweet potatoes topped with a mixture of coconut, chopped pecan, brown sugar (never white) and butter (never margarine) .....
*carrots - glazed in orange juice(never grapefruit juice), butter and brown sugar
msolga

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 08:57 pm
@msolga,
... & now I'm wondering about "traditional" Christmas food. Very Happy
Rockhead

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 09:03 pm
@msolga,
Me and Gram sorted that yesterday, as we need to be uber prepared... Rolling Eyes

Spiral bone in ham in "my" sauce, sour cream cheese potatoes, and corn, not green beans like Thanksgiving...

(will cook this one at her place)

salads yet to be decided.
0 Replies