Should I be mad?

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 06:53 pm
I visited my friend at the mall while he was at work. When I got there, he was chilling with a girl who comes in the mall all the time and waits in his store while her mom walks the mall to get exercise. We were all sitting around talking for a while until he got a text message.

He then pulled me aside and asked what I planned to be doing that day, and if I had any plans of leaving soon. I wondered why he was trying to kick me out and he said that his daughter’s mom just sent him a text saying that she was coming up to the mall to bring his child to see him. I left upset, and he followed me to my car when he noticed how pissed I was. I told him that what pissed me off more than anything is that he didn’t even kick out the other girl that we were talking with. He reminded me that she’d been coming to the store like that for over three years and that he just didn’t want to cause any confusion or get his ex-girlfriend upset.

Now, keep in mind that he and his ex-girlfriend are not in any actual “relationship.” He just still has sex with her sometimes. He also has sex with other women (I am not one of them), but I don’t think she knows that. Also, keep in mind that the other girl he chose not to kick out is equally as attractive as I am, so it’s not like his ex-girlfriend would be any more threatened by my presence than she would by the other girl.

I was very upset and hurt that he wanted to kick me out so bad just because he didn’t want to upset his ex-girlfriend, although he knew that by kicking me out like that, it would upset me. Do I have the right to be as mad as I am, or am I over-reacting?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,861 • Replies: 8
No top replies

eoe

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 07:53 pm
@fdchilds16,
He's a punk. Dump him and move on to someone who cares about YOUR feelings and not his ex-girlfriend.
fdchilds16

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:15 pm
@eoe,
What do you mean dump him? I'm not with him. He's just my friend. You mean dump him as a friend?
roger

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:20 pm
@fdchilds16,
Personally, I would be annoyed, but I could live with it. It might just be that he's uncomfortable dividing his attention between you and child. Suppose I were having lunch with my sister. I would avoid paying attention to other women, just as a matter of courtesy. I would say to live with it, but I'm not suggesting you go way out of your way to visit the friend while he's working. Fact is, I never appreciated purely personal visits from friends while I was at work, anyway.
fdchilds16

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:23 pm
@roger,
Lots of times, he asks me to come up there because he gets bored so much in the middle of the day when there's nothing going on. If I don't have anything to do, I'll usually go. I guess I will stop visiting him at work, period.
sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 08:19 am
@fdchilds16,
I can see how in his mind you were a different category from mall-walker's daughter (MWD). You show up to visit him -- that's why you're there. MWD shows up because her mom is mall-walking, and she'd either be hanging out with him or somewhere else -- he's not the reason she's there.
eoe

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 09:15 am
@fdchilds16,
fdchilds16 wrote:

What do you mean dump him? I'm not with him. He's just my friend. You mean dump him as a friend?

I'm sorry. I misunderstood your original post. Since he's your friend and not your boyfriend then no, you shouldn't dump him. You should let him know that he hurt your feelings tho. Always be straight up with your friends.
fdchilds16

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 11:23 am
@eoe,
Oh, HE KNOWS!! LOL
0 Replies

fdchilds16

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 11:24 am
@sozobe,
True. I guess I can see how that would make my situation a little different than hers.
0 Replies