An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 12:16 pm
Older dog

An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard; I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of.

He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.

http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com/water-garden-pond/dog-pond-decking.jpg

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off and on for several weeks.

Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar: 'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 - he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?'

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,549 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 01:27 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Nice story. Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 02:46 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Love it! At least this person still has their sense of humor.

Did this really happen?
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 02:56 pm
@Linkat,
A nice story indeed, BBB. As I recall you had a tragedly with of your dogs a few months back. How does this gog get along with Maddy?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 03:40 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
Love it! At least this person still has their sense of humor.

Did this really happen?

Delightful story, BBB.

I'd like to know if it's a "real life" experience, too!
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 04:08 pm
@msolga,
As far as I know, it's a true story that was sent to me by a friend.

BBB
msolga

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 04:24 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Ah. Thanks, BBB.
Whether true story or not, I'm relieved it wasn't another sad tale about an abandonned old pet. A happy & amusing ending is far better! Wink
0 Replies