20 X 180 = 3600 ÷ 60 = 60

RexRed

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 12:35 pm
Just a neat equation I found today while counting 3D video frames.

I estimated a 3D frame in a series of them in a particular animation I was creating would take 20 seconds each to render and I had 180 frames (30 frames per second) thus my clip is six seconds long.

So I multiplies 20 seconds by the total number of frames and reached the number 3600. I divided that number by sixty (the number of minutes in an hour) and the result told me it would take roughly an hour to render.

The variable in this case is how complex the scene is because every frame can render at different speeds just as some animations are complex and some are simple, thus the 20 seconds is an average of this animation.

Also consider 180 ÷ 3 is also 60, 1/3 frame per minute times 180

This equation kind of twists the mind in a peculiar way. Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,629 • Replies: 7
No top replies

chai2

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 12:37 pm
@RexRed,
you have OCD, don't you?

before you protest, I'll say...takes one to know one.
RexRed

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 12:38 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
you have OCD, don't you?

before you protest, I'll say...takes one to know one.

OCD?
chai2

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 12:40 pm
@RexRed,
obssessive compulsive disorder....

you're obviously a counter/checker as opposed to a handwasher.

admit it, those numbers cry out to you, saying "divide me by 8 now, then add 100 x's the numer of seconds in a week"
RexRed

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 01:19 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
admit it, those numbers cry out to you, saying "divide me by 8 now, then add 100 x's the numer of seconds in a week"

Haha! I think I would factor in, 7 x 24 x 60 x 60 = 604800 seconds per week.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 06:09 pm
It would be worth pointing out at this point that seconds do not exist, and that weeks do not exist, and that days exist only in so far as they are a very, very imprecise description of the relationship of an abitrarily chosen point on the face of the earth to the observation of the sun.

In short, it's all in your head . . . your goofy, woolly pate.
husker

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 10:15 pm
@Setanta,
I simply wish to watch and laugh
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 12:00 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
It would be worth pointing out at this point that seconds do not exist, and that weeks do not exist, and that days exist only in so far as they are a very, very imprecise description of the relationship of an abitrarily chosen point on the face of the earth to the observation of the sun.

In short, it's all in your head . . . your goofy, woolly pate.

Considering that a computer can accurately calculate millions if not billions of clock cycles per second we are not off by much…

From a world view, when we try to fit our lives into a landscape oriented by a central point in the scenery often time becomes arbitrary to our own needs. But when we change what we relate ourselves with, to an objective view and begin to reckon ourselves by our own center of time, scale and orientation then time becomes relative mainly to our own needs.
0 Replies