need help w/rainsoft recon AQC75+RECONRFC50H

igomez

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 07:18 pm
I have a Rainsoft water softener listed above. The system has 2 tall filters with the reservoir for the salt. I haven't run the unit in about 4 years and I just cleaned out the reservoir since it had a bunch of old gunky water in it and a bubbly build up. Does anyone know how to fill the reservoir and make sure the unit is working properly? When I plug in the unit it makes a noise like it did when it regenerates but the tank does not fill. Any help would be awesome. I am trying to do it myself. I looked through my paperwork and I don't have any directions of any kind on the regeneration or maintanence or any other do-it-yourself instruction.
Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 5,185 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 11:57 am
@igomez,
From your description you have a backwashed filter and then a water softener with a salt tank.

You add water to the salt tank with a bucket or garden hose. You should put like 5-6" in it but not down through the salt. Move the salt aside or if you have a brine well, it goes down to the bottom of the tank. Most Rainsoft softeners do not have a brine well.

You'll probably have to call a dealer for service because other than some general troubleshooting instructions in the back of a manual, there are no other troubleshooting instructions because all control valve brands are different, so you need specific instructions for your specific brand of control valve. And it is proprietary to Rainsoft.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 05:02 pm
@igomez,
igomez wrote:

I have a Rainsoft water softener listed above.

The AQ is the softener and the RFH appears to be a reconditioned carbon filter.
Can you post or email clear pictures? One of the entire set up and one of the control valves.

Thanks.
0 Replies