Home Decorators Collection

jekdon

Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:37 am
I was looking at some bathroom vanities from this catalog. The prices seem very reasonable - too reasonable, I guess. I am aware that this is not high end stuff, but I was wondering how it might compare to a big box store? I need a small vanity and top for our 2nd bathroom, mainly used as a powder room, not every day bathing/showering etc.
Any thoughts on product quality from this catalog?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 31 • Views: 3,322 • Replies: 15
Topic Closed
No top replies

mismi

Thu 6 Nov, 2008 09:03 am
@jekdon,
There is a Home Decorator's Collection through Home Depot as well...is it the same thing? I would check the materials they are made of and any warranties...if it is solid wood and good materials used then you are probably safe...no way to know without research though.

Do you have a link?
0 Replies

EthanJoshua

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 05:46 am
I have just painted my room with white color and I need help to decor my living room.
AndrewJayden

Tue 28 Feb, 2012 11:26 pm
Nothing adds to the character and style of a bathroom like an elegant bathroom vanity cabinet. Modern bathroom vanities are truly some of the most highly-regarded elements of any bathroom interior design, not only because they are highly useful, but also because they are often visually stunning and mesh perfectly with any design theme.
0 Replies

Luxury Living

Fri 14 Sep, 2012 02:41 am
@jekdon,
Bathroom vanity cabinets are gaining popularity now-days because of their style and features.. they not only add beauty to the bathroom, but also are extremely convenient. They give a class and style to modern bathrooms. Bathroom vanities are available in traditional bathroom vanities and transitional vanity styles.
0 Replies

John marrison

Mon 17 Sep, 2012 11:34 pm
@jekdon,
Hello friends,

Our bathroom design is the perfect solution for the old, heavily used, small bathroom that you can never quite get clean enough. We not only pulled a few rabbits out of the hat to produce features that make the room easy to clean, but also used smoke and mirrors to make it appear much larger. Here, the process of remodeling a bathroom is discussed.

1. Installing a preaembled glass block window. You can have a window in your shower that will stand up to water.
2. Replacing a bathtub with a spacious shower. A one-piece shower pan is a simple, leak-proof solution to the mistake-prone-chore of traditional shower pan construction.
3. Installing a state-of-the-art residential wall-hung toilet and sink. Having fewer dirt-catching corners and edges simplifies floor cleaning.
4. Making a small (6 x 8-ft.) bathroom feel larger.

Thanks a lot,
John Marrison
0 Replies

WilliamHayden

Sun 23 Sep, 2012 11:56 pm
@jekdon,
Hello members,

Make a Focal Point
Whether you're decorating your living room, bedroom or kitchen, you need a focal point. This is the first thing guests see when they enter the room, and it creates a dramatic impression. Use any architectural feature, such as a large stone fireplace in the living room or a wall of windows in the kitchen. If the room lacks any type of feature you want to highlight, create your own focal point. Hang a large piece of colorful artwork on one wall, or group smaller images in the same color scheme. Turn a treasured collection, such as pottery pieces, into a focal point.

Mix and Match Styles
Use a combination of styles and pieces to avoid making the room look too perfect. Remember that your home should have a comfortable and lived-in feel, rather than looking like it just walked out of a design catalog. If you do opt for a specific style, find ways to give it your own stamp. Paint white cottage style furniture a bright color, or add an Amish hickory rocker to a contemporary living room.

Bring in Color
Use color as an accent. If you don't feel comfortable using color in a big, dramatic way, try small ways until you're confident. Introduce just a few shades in a new piece of art or pillows for the couch. Those small pops of color can have a big impact in an otherwise neutral room.

Avoid Clutter
Home decorators are often tempted to go overboard, cramming a room full of accessories and furniture, which makes the room feel cluttered and heavy. Stash the clutter, and find ways to store some of the things you use less often. Put video games in a wall-mounted bookshelf, and tuck magazines into baskets under the coffee table. Step back and look at the room from an outsider's perspective. If the room looks cluttered, then start taking things out.

Thanks and Regards
William Hayden
0 Replies

Oliverbnt

Fri 18 Jan, 2013 01:07 am
@EthanJoshua,
using shades and shutters, blinds was amazing improvement your home living..
0 Replies

Oliverbnt

Sat 19 Jan, 2013 12:52 am
@jekdon,
nice information.. thank you.
0 Replies

Alfonso8100

Sat 19 Jan, 2013 09:13 am
@jekdon,
Fresh designs and unique styles are new life into your home.Your home is where you can put the imprint of choices.Me and my wife also renovating home bath.I read out interesting and informative posts.This will be helpful for me.Thanks everyone...
0 Replies

arturoi

Tue 22 Jan, 2013 06:48 am
@jekdon,
Very nice product .....
0 Replies

millerdavid786

Wed 20 Feb, 2013 11:11 pm
@jekdon,
Adding a bathroom vanity cabinet can allow you to keep your cosmetics and other stuff planned. This can prevent clutters the bathroom and you have to know where you put your things.You can keep your detergent from soap and shampoo.

There are a lot of vanity cabinet designs that you can choose. so if you have large or small bathroom that no problem at all. it's come in different shapes and sizes choose it according your space...... Gud luck
0 Replies

wallsticker

Fri 22 Feb, 2013 12:48 am
Wall sticker is the Good for Home Decoration Material.
0 Replies

CarlWatson

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 05:41 am
Replacing bathroom vanities is an exciting process which often times. These allow extra storage in a limited space. When you start, make sure the plumbing behind the wall is secure and check the there are no leaks after that remove the old cabinet.
0 Replies

mathewanderson

Tue 7 Jan, 2014 03:10 am
There are so many options to make the normal bathroom to extra ordrinary. We can use bathing tub, Mirror to divide it. Light colored tiles and paint on walls and many more. There are so much to do with bathroom.
0 Replies

markro

Thu 16 Jan, 2014 11:43 am
Restroom vanity display cases are more popular now-days for their model and functions, applying colours and shades, window blinds was wonderful advancement your property dwelling.
0 Replies

rachi

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 02:29 am
@EthanJoshua,
living room can be decorated by placing sofa and table, by installing decorative light and placing some show-pieces
0 Replies