@RexRed,
R u saying that RexRed means RexQueer ?
flyboy804

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 08:30 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

One other point is that when I use the quote feature,
which is quite ofen, it is very convenient to hi lite
the specific part of the quoted material (which may be VERY LONG)
to which I am responding, so that readers will understand my point more easily.

However, I do care about offending your eyes.

David
You can always delete the non pertinent part once it's in the "reply" box.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 08:35 am
@flyboy804,
Yes; thank u.

David
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 01:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Y r we discussing red or pink ?

Pink, a derivative of red, has been often used to represent homosexuals.

...I prefer red over pink. Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 02:07 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
R u saying that RexRed means RexQueer ?

Homosexuality is usually only a small part of a persons total character, as red is only a small part of the color pink.

To label a person by using only a part of their character is usually erroneous.

It is like calling a person nosey or mouthy where their nose or mouth is magnified to represent the whole person.

Yet some still are not aware that the whole is equal to the sum of its parts. A single part of one's character should not label or limit a person overall.

Red may sometimes seem queer when infused with white but red is more than pink.

Red can also be mixed with blue and make purple. When a bit of blue is added to pink you get lavender not purple. Smile
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 02:15 pm
@RexRed,
I was only asking
whether u chose to identify yourself as a homosexual or not.
RexRed

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 02:39 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I was only asking
whether u chose to identify yourself as a homosexual or not.

I don't consider your question out of line, but I usually don't identify myself as a homosexual or the person formerly known as a straight.

As I said, sexuality is only a part of a total person and should not be used to label the whole being.

Just as heterosexuality is not nearly as often used “in the same way” to label a person... a person is usually only labeled when they are homosexual.

So because merely one of their behavior patterns is homosexual then they are a homosexual. This label only limits the total person.

Yes I am homosexual but I am not a homosexual.

Besides, labeling most men as, "a heterosexual" is spreading it on a bit thin. Smile

Some men/woman don't mind being labeled as a homosexual. I do mind the label because there are many facets of my personality that are not sexual in nature but simply artistic. There is much of my art that has no trace of homosexuality, nudity or even sex at all. Thus by the same logic would one label my art homosexual art?

Just as Raymond Burr may have had the behavior of homosexuality one would not necessarily label Perry Mason as “homosexual art“.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 03:25 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:

Thus by the same logic would one label my art homosexual art?

No; if u make a picture of the night sky
or sing a song of a lake, that is not homosexual art
regardless of whether it is rendered by a homosexual.

Quote:

Just as Raymond Burr may have had the behavior of homosexuality
one would not necessarily label Perry Mason as “homosexual art“.

It was NOT.
No one whom I knew at the time, nor during that century,
ever suggested that he was a homosexual.

He did not appear to be effeminate.

I question that he was a homosexual, but I can t prove a negative.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 07:05 pm
Quote:
I question that he was a homosexual, but I can t prove a negative.

If Burr was gay it doesn't have to be seen as a negative. He was an outstanding actor, well loved and admired. His sexual preference should not alter his contribution to the arts.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 02:46 am
@RexRed,
Quote:

If Burr was gay it doesn't have to be seen as a negative.

What I said means that I can t prove that he was NOT a homosexual,
the same way that I cannot prove that the Easter Bunny does not exist,
because it is impossible to prove a negative.
RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 11:38 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
impossible to prove a negative

One man's negative is another man's plus.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 03:23 pm
@RexRed,
I was not saying that homosexuality is good, bad or indifferent.

I was saying that it is impossible to prove
that something does not exist
;
in this case: I cannot prove that a dead man
did not have certain emotional sentiments.
0 Replies

valerieellen

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 03:23 pm
@eoe,
I met Raymond Burr and I saw him with Robert Benevides. I have never met a more masculine, heterosexual, honest and scrupulously truthful man in my life. He oozed testosterone. He really WAS Perry Mason and Ironside rolled into one, only more so. There was nothing 'false' about him, he had absolutely nothing to hide, was passionate about the truth and deplored the sort of appalling, greed induced rumour mongering that started this story in the first place. What I saw was a father/son relationship between Raymond and Robert (who addressed Raymond as 'sir'). I can't speak for Robert Benevides, but if only one man on this planet was ever likely to remain 'straight' it would have been Raymond Burr. He was an inspiration to me, and this has always been an attempt to trash an incredible, caring man. The world is a worse place without him. He would have fought this rubbish on behalf of any friend of his. I would like to do the same.

Valerie
valerieellen

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 03:28 pm
@RexRed,
@eoe,
I met Raymond Burr and I saw him with Robert Benevides. I have never met a more masculine, heterosexual, honest and scrupulously truthful man in my life. He oozed testosterone. He really WAS Perry Mason and Ironside rolled into one, only more so. There was nothing 'false' about him, he had absolutely nothing to hide, was passionate about the truth and deplored the sort of appalling, greed induced rumour mongering that started this story in the first place. What I saw was a father/son relationship between Raymond and Robert (who addressed Raymond as 'sir'). I can't speak for Robert Benevides, but if only one man on this planet was ever likely to remain 'straight' it would have been Raymond Burr. He was an inspiration to me, and this has always been an attempt to trash an incredible, caring man. The world is a worse place without him. He would have fought this rubbish on behalf of any friend of his. I would like to do the same.

Valerie
valerieellen

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 03:36 pm
@RexRed,
This is absolutely nonsense. And hiding in Plain Sight is a pack of lies. I met the man. Never met a more honest, heterosexual, truthful man of honour and integrity. He would have fought against others being tarnished by money-making lies like this. With Raymond Burr what you saw is what you got. He really was just like a cross between Perry Mason and Ironside. He cared. This stuff has always been about trying to destroy his reputation. I saw his response when the name Sutherland was mentioned - his wife's death still hurt 40 odd years later. See my other reply re Robert Benevides - it was a father and son relationship where Robert called Raymond 'sir', with enormous respect.

Valerie
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 12:40 am
@valerieellen,
I had the same impression that u did, Valerie.
I used to watch him every Saturday night in the 1950s.

David
aidan

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 03:23 am
@OmSigDAVID,
David - I'm so glad valerieellen resurrected this thread. I was laughing for half an hour - almost couldn't catch my breath- when I read your comments saying that no one had ever called you homosexual but someone (on the forum - at the time) had most recently referred to you as a moron and a nazi. Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's making me laugh again. The laugh that keeps on giving... Laughing Laughing Laughing

But two things struck me reading this and that is that no one on the forum ever derides you anymore - no more names and stuff - you're just David now. That's wonderful.

The other thing is that I was thinking that I was a little too young to remember Raymond Burr in any movies or even as Perry Mason. I remember him as the guy in the wheelchair in Ironsides with the very deep and distinctly masculine voice so when I was reading this thread (only yesterday-I missed it the first time around) my first reaction was,'Hmmm, that's odd - I wouldn't have thought that.' And I asked myself why and it was because of his voice and his wheelchair!!!
That's pretty silly isn't it? I've personally known a lot of gay people and a lot of disabled people but I've never known a gay person in a wheel chair- so that impacted my reception to this news.

Now I'm laughing at myself for being so stupid. Laughing Laughing
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 06:00 am
@aidan,
A lot of it was their distaste for my use of color in fonts.
I also used the Ignore button to rid myself of the nastiest
persona non grata, like Setanta, the poster boy for Tourette's Syndrome.

MULTIPLE be the chuckles !

David
aidan

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 02:57 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

So if even something as simple as the use of alternative colors and fonts on an internet forum could bring about such vocal derision and disdain in observers, imagine how someone like Raymond Burr must have felt in terms of being intimidated and/or willing to express who he truly was- it's no wonder he stayed closeted.

I just think it's interesting that people who are so accepting of the myriad ways in which men and women can and should be allowed to express their true selves and differences - liberal in their judgments about almost everything - draw such a hard line on the color and size of fonts people can use. Maybe they're secret conservatives and this is the one area in which it's NOT politically incorrect to exert their will and control on other people and what they want them to be.

In other words - if you're this - you're out. If you're that - you're in. We love everyone except people who use larger than average and color fonts- those people are morons and nazis.
I'm laughing again-the chuckles ARE multiplying. Laughing Laughing
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 03:59 am
@aidan,
David wrote:
aidan wrote:
So if even something as simple as the use of alternative colors and fonts
on an internet forum could bring about such vocal derision
and disdain in observers, imagine how someone like Raymond Burr
must have felt in terms of being intimidated and/or willing to express
who he truly was- it's no wonder he stayed closeted.
His emotional disposition is in dispute.

aidan wrote:
I just think it's interesting that people who are so accepting of the myriad ways
in which men and women can and should be allowed to express their true selves
and differences - liberal in their judgments about almost everything - draw such
a hard line on the color and size of fonts people can use.
I expect a resurgence of ill will and vilification resulting from the liberals' despondence n semi-hysteria
qua the USSC 's CITIZENS UNITED decision vindicating the First Amendment 's freedom of speech
and my championing thereof.

Popularity is not important to me; it never was.
SUCCESS was and is important to me.

aidan wrote:
Maybe they're secret conservatives and this is the one area
in which it's NOT politically incorrect to exert their will
and control on other people and what they want them to be.
I 'm pretty sure that if I had expressed support of their leftist posts,
their distaste for my choice of colors woud have been mitigated.
Thay were emotionally anti-freedom of gun possession, which (before HELLER)
I argued a lot more than I do now that my historical arguments have been vindicated by the USSC in HELLER.
As far as I remember, no conservative ever condemned my use of color or size.

aidan wrote:
In other words - if you're this - you're out. If you're that - you're in.
We love everyone except people who use larger than average and color
fonts- those people are morons and nazis.
I'm laughing again-the chuckles ARE multiplying. Laughing Laughing
To some people (especially young people, in school): being accepted and popular is of very great importance.
I have always been indifferent to it.

Have u resumed your teaching job ?

David

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 01:47:29