Rockhead

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 04:31 pm
@Robert Gentel,
intriguing...
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 04:46 pm
@Robert Gentel,
So his drawing skill started off good, got worse during the trip and then returned to normal after the trip, except that by the end, the patient was no longer satisfied with his results. Seems like an unfortunate place to end up.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 04:48 pm
@rosborne979,
I think it goes deeper than that, but whadda I know?

(several in the middle are interesting in sequence, and the switching of mediums)
NickFun

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 04:48 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I like the one after 5 hours and 45 minutes the best!

Btw, I tripped on acid back in the 70's and I can relate. It takes about 12 hours to be able to do a really decent drawing again.

And...what's the point of this? To say we can't draw when we are fucked up?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 05:05 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
I think it goes deeper than that, but whadda I know?
(several in the middle are interesting in sequence, and the switching of mediums)

Maybe. I think you can find meaning in a puddle of water if you look hard enough, but it's still a just a puddle.
littlek

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 05:07 pm
@rosborne979,
I dunno, I think the 2 and45 drawing is fabulous.
patiodog

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 05:35 pm
I think everything from 2:45 to the next-to-last one are fabulous.

Would be curious to see it all in color. I suspect some of the impact might be lost.

I only ever played music in my days playing with psychedelics, and never recorded any of it, so had no idea what the impact might have been (objectively speaking, in terms of output).
0 Replies

thegalacticemperor

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 06:21 pm
@littlek,
I'm with you littlek. The 2:45 piece is where it's at! But then, LSD is my Prozac... I am not sure I buy that the 2:45 piece was created just 10 minutes after the 2:35 piece though....maybe the times indicate the starting points? Also, 100 micrograms is not a big dose...I think I detect some embellishment here on either the part of the subject or his observer...
littlek

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 06:27 pm
@thegalacticemperor,
I'm guessing the subject.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 07:30 pm
Context is important. As the artist/subject, you've probably got little experience with heavy hallucinogens -- you've almost certainly never used or even heard of LSD. You may or may not know the nature of the drug that's been administered. (In some of the early LSD experiments, they would tell the subject they were testing clothing, then slip them some acid in a glass of water, then see what happened.) You're in a room with some art supplies, a scientist, a bunk, a table, a couple of chairs... not a lot of stimulus besides your own sensations and the other guy in the room. Moreover, you're being interviewed about your trip. All told, it's a recipe for a pretty heavy trip. If it'd been a high dose I'm willing to bet it would have been a real bummer.
0 Replies

TilleyWink

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 11:31 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Many artists worked under the influence of LSD or other hallucinogens: Dali, Miro, Klee, Kandinsky just to name a few. And many artists continue to use various drugs while working. However, some arthists cannot work at all under the influence.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 07:22 am
@Robert Gentel,
My favorite is 4:25
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2013 10:49 pm
At first it was my impression that Aldous Huxley's experiments (described in Doors of Perception) with LSD and the mushroom permitted him to have non-dualistic perceptions. Actually all immediate (i.e., unmediated) perceptions are non-dualistic. It's when we make cognitive sense of them that we contrast them with "their contrasts or opposites" or place them in categories that they form parts of dualistic patterns. But one can enjoy being aesthetically "taken in" by sensations in the viewing and making of completely abstract painting, as well as in meditation and absorption in the playing and experience of music.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2013 11:06 pm
@JLNobody,
As you know, JL, this is like pressing my brain with fudgcicles.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2013 11:09 pm
@ossobuco,
Hah, that was me trying to get JL out of internetnetnetnetnetnetnet.
0 Replies