Presidential Debate: Final Round!

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 02:45 pm
So tonight, I will be traveling into DC to attend yet another debate watch party. This time, I will be at American University in Tenley town!

The event is being hosted in cooperation with the College Democrats and College Republicans. My sister told me it would be a great place to come and see reactions. I agreed.

At this point, I don't really feel like anything is left to change. The McCain camp is really out of ammo, I don't expect anything spectacular tonight, but I might get some nice soundbytes from some students at "the United States most politically active campus." I'll report back with what I saw.

I hope everyone has their popcorn and their drink ready!

You must take a drink anytime the following words/phrases are used...

Maverick
Partisan
Surge
Wall Street
Main Street
Create Jobs

Let's see who we can get drunk on.

T
K
O
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 4,976 • Replies: 38
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 02:51 pm
@Diest TKO,
I hope you have a designated driver. LOL
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 02:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I hope you have a designated driver. LOL

That's why I'm taking the METRO.
K
O
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 03:00 pm
@Diest TKO,
Good on ya, but take a barf bag will ya?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 04:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From what the pundits are saying about tonight's debate, McCain will again bring up Obama's connection to (domestic terrorist) Ayers. We all know McCain will lie and make innuendos that have already been proven to be wrong.

Here are the facts from FactCheck: http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/he_lied_about_bill_ayers.html

0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 04:06 pm
I hope you're all ready, because this is the night McCain goes down in flames. I predict he'll try something desperate tonight that will make him appear so wacked out that the fat lady will jump out in the middle of the debate and start belting it in his face.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 04:24 pm
@kickycan,
Yeah, CNN has been going on about that for the last few hours. I don't think that it will do McCain any good, but at the same time he is under huge pressure to do it regardless.

T
K
O
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:00 pm
McCain's "Joe the plumber" attack on Obama about "spreading the wealth", is a good one. I don't think Obama has responded to it directly enough.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:32 pm
@kickycan,
McCain tried "Joe the plumber," but that was not enough of a bang.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:33 pm
@rosborne979,
Yeah... unfortunately I think many people did not know what he was talking about.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:39 pm
@FreeDuck,
As we all know, the conservatives are going to say McCain won the debate today. LOL
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think McCain did win the first 1/3 of the debate....but then....like old guys all over the world...couldn't keep it up long enough to get the money shot.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:58 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
The most important goal for McCain was to win Obama supporters to his side of the ledger, and he didn't do that. Obama is our next president.

McCain will continue with his mud slinging, because he's now desperate, but much of it will backfire on him. People are tired of mud slinging when their major concerns are the economy; their jobs, keeping their homes, and the loss of the 401k's and IRA's.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 09:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh make no mistake Obama was the overall winner.... but i think he missed a couple of opportunities... I do believe McCain needs to warm up the bus though...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 09:03 pm
Wolf Blitzer is asking Hillary Clinton some dumbassed questions right now but"

GO OBAMA!
The next President of the United States.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 09:10 pm
@FreeDuck,
Over all, I prefer Obama, but I have never believed that it is the role of the government to redistribute wealth, so I'm a little uneasy about Obama's lack of directness with his reply to this particular challenge.

kickycan

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 09:16 pm
The fat lady has entered the building.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 10:15 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Over all, I prefer Obama, but I have never believed that it is the role of the government to redistribute wealth, so I'm a little uneasy about Obama's lack of directness with his reply to this particular challenge.

I kind of feel like redistribution of wealth is only called that when the money is going from the richest to the poorest. When money travels upwards systemically we don't here the right cry foul about "redistribution" do we? No, because then for some reason, it's all square. I don't know how they reconcile it.

I think there has to be some sort of cycle and if I have to pick which system makes more sense ultimately, I'd rather be bridging the gaps in our society than protecting those at the top.

T
K
O
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 11:16 pm
@Diest TKO,
That's the fact most people miss; during our economic growth, production grew, but the average worker did not see his pay grow with inflation. Most of the pay and benefit were given to the CEOs and officers. They became the wealthy on the backs of joe sixpack.

The conservatives cry for "redistribution of wealth" already happened. The joe sixpack got screwed while he worked harder, and didn't get his due reward. All those benefit went to the wealthy. Now, conservatives want to bitch that charging more taxes to the wealthy is a "redistribution."

Nutty.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 11:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
BTW, I've decided that I'm going to be joe-six-pack-plumber for Halloween.

T
K
O