Alien blamed for fires

Reyn

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 08:58 pm
Alien blamed for fires

An Italian investigation into a series of unexplained fires in fridges, televisions and mobile phone is blaming aliens.

It concluded that the responsibility for the fires in Canneto di Caronia on Sicily may lie with "aliens testing secret weapons".

http://www.sandrahartonline.com/images/Alien%20Me%20Too%20(2).JPG
Gork van Snickelfoil has admitted responsibility in the recent rash of fires. Gork is now in police custody.

The village was the centre of world attention three years ago after residents reported everyday household objects bursting into flames.

Dozens of experts including scientists, electrical engineers and military experts, arrived in the village to investigate. One scientist reported seeing an unplugged electrical cable burst into flames.

Arson was ruled out while locals blamed supernatural forces and the Vatican's chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth suggested it was Satan's work.

The report, by the Civil Protection Department, was ordered by the Italian government and brought together dozens of experts including a Nasa scientist.

According to leaked copies, the fires were "caused by high -power electromagnetic emissions which were not man-made and reached a power of between 12 and 15 gigawatts".

The report details a possible UFO landing close to the village after "burnt im-prints which have not been explained were found in a field".

Francesco Mantegna Venerando, Sicily's Civil Protection chief who co-ordinated the report, said: "We are not saying little green men from Mars started the fires, but that unnatural forces capable of creating a large amount of electromagnetic energy were responsible.

"This is just one possibility. We are also looking at another one which involves the testing of top-secret weapons by an unknown power which are also capable of producing an enormous amount of energy."

global disclaimer
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,678 • Replies: 20
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 04:09 am
@Reyn,
I guess the magical unicorns theory has been discounted after vigorous research and testing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 04:52 am
@Reyn,
Gort. Nikto barado.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 04:57 am
@Reyn,
Might I suggest that you seek out a hobby Reyn?
Gold prospecting is healthy outdoor activity and it can supplement your pensions quite nicely.

Either that or get better graphics.
Reyn

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 07:59 am
@farmerman,
This is my hobby.

I currently work full time in a retail store, so I am unable to fit in gold prospecting.

Methinks you're just not "getting" the humour here, my friend. I'll just have to accept that you're not a fan. That's okay, too.

Hope you're feeling better.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 08:54 am
@Reyn,
What a hoot, this reminds me of DARPA. They actually explore stuff like this at tax payers expense. Viva Italia.
Reyn

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 09:10 am
@farmerman,
Furthermore to your above comments. Your personal attacks on me really aren't helpful, or appreciated.

After your last such post in which you said .....
farmerman wrote:

Now, whenever you post a story and claim it as fact, youve opened the doors of suspicion that make me believe that you, just like edgar, are a lying sack of ****.

..... I created my global disclaimer. I thought perhaps you had a point, even though I felt it was extremely obvious that the story was not factual, and nowhere did I claim that.

After that remark of yours, I have been diligently putting my link to the disclaimer after every story that I feel requires it, as was the case in this thread.

I sincerely hope you take the advice that I give in the latter part of my disclaimer and let me, and the handful of folks that seem to appreciate my lame posts, continue to enjoy them.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 11:32 am
wow, you mean I was responsible for your GD? Righteous. I am proud of my accomplishment as a teacher.

My work is done here, carry on.
However,I never said that edgar was a lying sack of ****
Reyn

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 11:56 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

wow, you mean I was responsible for your GD? Righteous. I am proud of my accomplishment as a teacher.

My work is done here, carry on.
However,I never said that edgar was a lying sack of ****

It says a lot about someone when they feel good about putting somebody down.

And, yes, you did include Edgar in your name calling, as you can clearly read your own post HERE.

farmerman wrote:

Now, whenever you post a story and claim it as fact, youve opened the doors of suspicion that make me believe that you, just like edgar, are a lying sack of ****.

I guess the truth got muddled in there somewhere, huh?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 12:17 pm
@Reyn,
Boys, boys (men, men)
Let's all go over to Rockhead's house and have some (free) beers and barbecue sandwiches.
Reyn

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 12:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm not the instigator here. I'm just trying to defend myself against someone who seems to feel good about being smug and mean-spirited. I guess I'm an easy target.

As far as I can tell, I've done nothing wrong here. I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 12:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
I wanna be one of the boys....
roger

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 12:45 pm
@squinney,
Ain't gonna happen squinney.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 01:34 pm
@roger,
reyn, I don't think of you as an instigator. But, to me, it seems the best thing to do is let it roll off your back and get on with doing what it is we your friends and fans like for you to do. Which is, create more threads for us to smile and comment on.
High Seas

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 02:05 pm
@Cliff Hanger,
Cliff - leave Darpa alone, they don't do alien landings and contribute to a lot of technical fields. Admittedly, some of their projects are oddly named...

Quote:
The goal of the Dynamic Quarantine of Worms is to develop dynamic quarantine defenses for U.S. military networks against large-scale malicious code attacks such as computer-based worms. The ever-growing sophistication of the malicious code threat has surpassed the ability of commercial industry to address this problem. As the U.S. military pushes forward with network-centric warfare, terrorists and other nation-states are likely to develop and employ malicious code to impede our ability to fight efficiently and effectively. This program will develop the capability to automatically detect and respond to worm-based attacks against military networks, provide advanced warning to other DoD enterprise networks, study and determine the worm's propagation and epidemiology, and provide off-line rapid response forensic analysis of malicious code to identify its capabilities, modalities, and future behavior. Further, the program will develop defenses against cyber attacks on mobile ad hoc network (MANET) systems that can to sense failures and attacks and auto-recover in real-time. Technical approaches include the automatic and dynamic quarantine response and forensics analysis of malicious code that will employ static and dynamic code analysis for program understanding. Defense Against Cyber Attacks on MANET Systems project under this program will develop the means to monitor and control the trustworthiness of distributed tactical applications used in network centric warfare operations. This program will develop technology to ensure network centric warfare systems are able to fulfill their mission in spite of cyber attacks such as computer worms unleashed on MANETs and runtime failures.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 02:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes, I suppose you're right. I guess I just don't get the point of someone bashing someone else's posts just because one doesn't like the content. Isn't it easier to just ignore that person?

Yes, I should take my own advice.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 02:45 pm
@Reyn,
Boy you are really touchy. Do I have to walk on eggs and ask your permission for my own sarcasm or are you the only one with a membership card in the BCCA?

PS, I resent your making fun of undocumented aliens. These are very hard working people and blaming them WITHOUT ANY PROOF, for despicable acts against property, is not humor in my mind, its that subtle, passive aggressive CAnajun Racism.

You know what I mean slim.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 02:57 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Boy you are really touchy. Do I have to walk on eggs and ask your permission for my own sarcasm or are you the only one with a membership card in the BCCA?

PS, I resent your making fun of undocumented aliens. These are very hard working people and blaming them WITHOUT ANY PROOF, for despicable acts against property, is not humor in my mind, its that subtle, passive aggressive CAnajun Racism.

You know what I mean slim.

You realize the aliens being made fun of are the little green men kind and not Mexicans?
Reyn

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 03:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
You realize the aliens being made fun of are the little green men kind and not Mexicans?

That's okay, Edgar. I'm done. I don't intend to do any more H.I. stories, or attempt (however lamely) try to be humourous. Apparently, I'm supposed to emulate you, as you are king.

None of this is worth it.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 03:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
No, Edgar, he does not realize that, and I happen to be a former resident of Woodland Hills, California, who watched from the bluff where my home then was the fires engulfing my neighbors' homes only a short distance down the Topanga Canyon. One person and several pets died in that conflagration and the fire was later proved to have been set by some illegal alien - no, Farmerman, NOT some little green Martian with antennae instead of ears - who is either back at his homeland or in Fresno. I truly object to this knee-jerk reaction by persons of Farmerman's intelligence and education and hope they can read more carefully in the future. And oh, btw, the only way my own Siberian Huskies and I never suffered from smoke inhalation, was that they smelled the burning houses down the canyon long before even the people who lived in the houses noticed and woke me up so we could get out. Enough with political correctness. Thanks for reading my screed Smile
0 Replies