How Do I Detect Internet Connection Problem?

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 09:23 am
My internet connection keeps going out. Very agrivating! I can be connected for anywhere between 30 seconds and 8 minutes, then I have to go to Control Panel/Admin Tools/ Services/ NetZero and click on "Restart."

That usually works on the second click of restart if not the first, but doesn't keep me connected very long.

I'm really tired of this process. It started about a month ago. My computer overheated and spent a week at the computer hospital only to be returned to me with a new cord for my wireless thingy.

It kept happening even with the new cord, and my computer continued to keep overheating. I took it back to the hospital and told them to replace my fan and power box. They did. The overheating is no longer a problem, but I still can't stay connected.

So... What can I do or where can I look to see what's wrong? I have no clue how to determine if a piece of my connection software is corrupted / erased / damaged.

Am I gonna mess something up if I just try reinstalling the connection software?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,644 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 11:51 am
@squinney,
I'm not familiar with the NetZero software, do you know if it's necessary to use their connection? And do they provide any support for this kind of problem?
squinney

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 02:34 pm
@Robert Gentel,
It's actually a Roadrunner/Time Warner connection using NetZero software and wireless device. (I think I'm explaining that right.)

I'll probably just reload / reinstall the software for the wireless device. I didn't want to have to do that and have it wipe out my current configurations since I would no idea how to get that info back.

0 Replies