John McCain is a Coward

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You've "proven" to me that your reading of media has not taught you much of anything.
RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You've "proven" to me that your reading of media has not taught you much of anything.

...and was not your opinion created by liberal, biased, one-sided, slanted news? It is no wonder we don't agree. The difference is, you hear only one side where I have heard both sides. So who is more qualified to make a sound judgment?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 04:26 pm
The Terrorist Barack Hussein Obama

By FRANK RICH
Published: October 11, 2008
IF you think way back to the start of this marathon campaign, back when it seemed preposterous that any black man could be a serious presidential contender, then you remember the biggest fear about Barack Obama: a crazy person might take a shot at him.

Fred R. Conrad/The New York Times
Frank Rich

Some voters told reporters that they didn’t want Obama to run, let alone win, should his very presence unleash the demons who have stalked America from Lincoln to King. After consultation with Congress, Michael Chertoff, the homeland security secretary, gave Obama a Secret Service detail earlier than any presidential candidate in our history " in May 2007, some eight months before the first Democratic primaries.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/opinion/12rich.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 05:06 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed, You're another one of "those" people who hasn't been reading all I have written about this election. Here's one you missed when I said "I wish we had two different candidates for this election." Does that sound biased to you? Then you know nothing.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 06:41 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
but it would be instructive to see how well you'd do spending five years in a POW camp and enduring torture, which he actually did, in fact, do.

That's the funny thing about torture. You kinda have to endure it. But as endurers of torture go, McCain wasn't all that endurant. Correct me if I'm wrong, Brandon, but I believe McCain said in his book that he voluntarily went and offered information in exchange for medical treatment.

I also believe it to be the case that senior officers believed that McCain should have been court martialed upon his return but that the Pentagon just wanted the whole Vietnam issue to go away.

Now obviously, every person has their own breaking point but considering the number of POWs who never gave any information, I think it's just a wee bit over the top to call John a "war hero".

What was it, a total of 10 hours in combat? But Gob1 did make the important point that it's not all that easy when you're cramped up in a small cockpit. Compare that to all those grunts who had the wide open jungle to run around in, to wallow in, to sleep in, to eat in, to ... and I guess it's easy to understand why McCain got so many medals.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 08:21 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
but it would be instructive to see how well you'd do spending five years in a POW camp and enduring torture, which he actually did, in fact, do.

That's the funny thing about torture. You kinda have to endure it. But as endurers of torture go, McCain wasn't all that endurant. Correct me if I'm wrong, Brandon, but I believe McCain said in his book that he voluntarily went and offered information in exchange for medical treatment.

I also believe it to be the case that senior officers believed that McCain should have been court martialed upon his return but that the Pentagon just wanted the whole Vietnam issue to go away.

Now obviously, every person has their own breaking point but considering the number of POWs who never gave any information, I think it's just a wee bit over the top to call John a "war hero".

What was it, a total of 10 hours in combat? But Gob1 did make the important point that it's not all that easy when you're cramped up in a small cockpit. Compare that to all those grunts who had the wide open jungle to run around in, to wallow in, to sleep in, to eat in, to ... and I guess it's easy to understand why McCain got so many medals.

You pretty much don't give a damn what the truth is, I guess. From the Wikipedia article on McCain:

Quote:
Although McCain was badly wounded, his captors refused to treat his injuries, beating and interrogating him to get information; he was given medical care only when the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was a top admiral. His status as a prisoner of war (POW) made the front pages of major newspapers.

McCain spent six weeks in the hospital while receiving marginal care. By then having lost 50 pounds (23 kg), in a chest cast, and with his hair turned white, McCain was sent to a different camp on the outskirts of Hanoi in December 1967, into a cell with two other Americans who did not expect him to live a week. In March 1968, McCain was put into solitary confinement, where he would remain for two years.

In mid"1968, John S. McCain, Jr. was named commander of all U.S. forces in the Vietnam theater, and the North Vietnamese offered McCain early release because they wanted to appear merciful for propaganda purposes, and also to show other POWs that elite prisoners were willing to be treated preferentially. McCain turned down the offer; he would only accept repatriation if every man taken in before him was released as well. Such early release was prohibited by the POW's interpretation of the military Code of Conduct: To prevent the enemy from using prisoners for propaganda, officers were to agree to be released in the order in which they were captured.

In August 1968, a program of severe torture began on McCain. He was subjected to rope bindings and repeated beatings every two hours, at the same time as he was suffering from dysentery. Further injuries led to the beginning of a suicide attempt, stopped by guards. After four days, McCain made an anti-American propaganda "confession". He has always felt that his statement was dishonorable, but as he later wrote, "I had learned what we all learned over there: Every man has his breaking point. I had reached mine." Many American POWs were tortured and maltreated in order to extract "confessions" and propaganda statements; virtually all of them eventually yielded something to their captors. His wartime injuries left McCain permanently incapable of raising his arms above his head. He subsequently received two to three beatings weekly because of his continued refusal to sign additional statements.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 09:15 pm
@Brandon9000,
What you are missing is the other facts about the other POWs. After you learn about them, then come back to us and tell us how McCain's status as a POW makes him any more (or less) a war hero. All those others don't wear their POW status on their sleeves, nor expect extra honors or respect from the American People. CLUE: We already know.
JTT

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 09:21 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

IN THE WORDS OF JOHN MCCAIN

I think it was on the fourth day that two guards came in, instead of one. One of them pulled back
the blanket to show the other guard my injury. I looked at my knee. It was about the size, shape
and color of a football. I remembered that when I was a flying instructor a fellow had ejected
from his plane and broken his thigh. He had gone into shock, the blood had pooled in his leg, and
he died, which came as quite a surprise to us"a man dying of a broken leg. Then I realized that
a very similar thing was happening to me.

When I saw it, I said to the guard, "O.K., get the officer." An officer came in after a few minutes.
It was the man that we came to know very well as "The Bug." He was a psychotic torturer, one
of the worst fiends that we had to deal with.

I [John McCain] said, "O.K., I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital."

[emphasis added]

He left and came back with a doctor, a guy that we called
"Zorba," who was completely incompetent. He squatted down, took my pulse. He did not speak English, but shook his head and jabbered to "The Bug." I asked, "Are you going to take me to the hospital?"
"The Bug" replied, "It's too late."
I said, "If you take me to the hospital, I'll get well."

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/USNEWSJohn%20McCain.pdf

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 10:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

What you are missing is the other facts about the other POWs. After you learn about them, then come back to us and tell us how McCain's status as a POW makes him any more (or less) a war hero. All those others don't wear their POW status on their sleeves, nor expect extra honors or respect from the American People. CLUE: We already know.

I was responding specifically to JTT's false description of his captivity with a description of what actually transpired. If someone tells a false story, it's appropriate for me to respond with the actual story.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 10:12 pm
@JTT,
Are you denying that the above description from the Wikipedia article is part of the truth?
JTT

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 10:25 pm
@Brandon9000,
I [John McCain] said, "O.K., I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital."

Are you denying the words of John McCain?
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 10:30 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Are you denying the words of John McCain?

What if both are simultaneously true? Here is another quotation from your link:

Quote:
I think it concerned them that my arm was broken, and they had messed up my leg. I had been reduced to an animal during this period of beating and torture. My arm was so painful I couldn't get up off the floor. With the dysentery, it was a very unpleasant time. Thank God they let me rest for a couple of weeks. Then they called me up again and wanted something else. I don't remember what it was now"it was some kind of statement. This time I was able to resist. I was able to carry on. They couldn't "bust" me again.

I have a question for you. How do you think you'd do under years of sustained and severe torture in a foreign prison? Pretty well? Please give me your guess on this.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 12:48 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

...and was not your opinion created by liberal, biased, one-sided, slanted news? It is no wonder we don't agree. The difference is, you hear only one side where I have heard both sides. So who is more qualified to make a sound judgment?

yeah, ci. you should watch these guys if you want the real truth;

http://www.tvsquad.com/images/2005/06/fox.jpg
PRAVDA

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 01:33 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
More like the media system in China.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 01:51 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
John McCain once stepped into quicksand. The quicksand couldn't escape and nearly drowned.

When someone asked John McCain if he was afraid of James Bond, he replied "What does 'afraid' mean?"

There are two hands that can beat a royal flush. John McCain's right hand and John McCain's left hand.

The city of Los Angeles once named a street after John McCain in gratitude for his saving the city several times. They had to rename it after people kept dying when they tried to cross the street. No one crosses John McCain and lives.

It takes you 24 weeks just to watch what John McCain does in a single day.

Most people would need months to recover from 20 months of Chinese interrogation. John McCain needs a shower, a shave and a change of clothes.

If John McCain had been a Spartan the movie would have been called "1".

Some people see the glass as half full. Others see it as half empty. John McCain see the glass as a deadly weapon.

When a convicted terrorist was sentenced to face John McCain, he appealed to have the sentence reduced to death.

John McCain never retreats, he just attacks in the opposite direction.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 02:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Did you actually feel good when you wrote that idiotic post?

You are the Tex Cobb of A2K.

Unfortunately I don't think you can convert your scar tissue into a Hollywood career.

You know, if you can't elevate your retorts beyond the Middle School level, it's OK to post nothing. We might believe your Grandma died and you couldn't find the time to respond.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 02:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, When are you going to start making sense? ROFL
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 07:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
To you?

Apparently never.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 07:22 pm
@Ticomaya,
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Good stuff. Did you come up with all that yourself?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 07:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No, this:

Did you actually feel good when you wrote that idiotic post?
Can you explain why it's "idiotic?"

You are the Tex Cobb of A2K.
A private joke?

Unfortunately I don't think you can convert your scar tissue into a Hollywood career.
Another private joke?

You know, if you can't elevate your retorts beyond the Middle School level, it's OK to post nothing.
Please explain why? Your saying so only shows your ignorance. At the very least, you should offer your opinion why it's "nothing."

We might believe your Grandma died and you couldn't find the time to respond.
Another private joke?

You do understand what a strawman, adhominem, and blather is, don't you?

You belong in a mental institution - as someone already suggested.