John McCain is a Coward

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:15 am
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

The coward is the muslim guy hiding behind a veil of racist christianity.

you mean this guy?

http://www.wonkette.com/politics/hands.jpg
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:18 am
Here's McCain responding to the charge:

More cowardice. He said 'it didn't come up in conversation.' Really, John? This is your most potent attack against Obama at this point; it's the thing that your VP and your surrogates and your clowns in the Conservative media can't stop talking about 24/7. And it simply 'didn't come up?' WTF? If the people really need to hear about it, then bring it up.

Weak

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:22 am
@Cycloptichorn,
McCain says "it didn't come up in the conversation," and yet that's the major topic of his and Palin's when speaking to their crowd of parrot followers.

Their ability to use their brain has all but disappeared.

McCain says he was never questioned about his "passion and his courage." ROFL
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:43 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
If the people really need to hear about it, then bring it up.Weak

don't be harsh, cyclo. mccain may simply be worried that in bringing it up face to face, obama may whip out his scimitar and behead sarah for appearing without a berka.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:45 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
If the people really need to hear about it, then bring it up.Weak

don't be harsh, cyclo. mccain may simply be worried that in bringing it up face to face, obama may whip out his scimitar and behead sarah for appearing without a berka.

Haha

Here's Ambinder on McCain's weakness on this issue:

Quote:
Is McCain Serious About Ayers? Evidence Says No.

Is John McCain really serious about questioning Barack Obama's association with William Ayers?

The evidence suggests he is not.

To truly drive Ayers into the public conversation, to trick what they consider an irredeemably biased press corps into biting, McCain has three vehicles gassed up and ready to go.

(1) He could put lots of money into an Ayers ad -- video press releases don't cut it.
(2) He could devote a stump speech to Obama's associations and Obama's associations only
(3) He could mention Ayers in a debate.

So far, McCain has done none of those things. On top of doing none of those things, he has declared Obama's association with Rev. Jeremiah Wright as off-limits.

Conservative activists are angry with McCain and crowds are projecting their anger onto Obama. If there is a case for the relevancy of Ayers's association, there is much more of a solid case about Wright's; Wright and Obama were very close; Ayers and Obama were acquaintances. Peremptorily cutting off talk of Rev. Wright displaces the conversation onto Ayers and raises expectations. And time and time, McCain doesn't go there. He mentions Ayers in a speech or interview, or gives the tough talk to Sarah Palin. He neglects to speak about Ayers in a debate. He says that Ayers isn't relevant. Anger mounts. McCain is trapped. Some in campaign blame the media, again, for putting McCain into a box -- when something doesn't work, the media gets the blame. But that hoary old axiom in politics -- timing is everything -- applies. Suddenly dumping on Obama's character and associations in the middle of the worst economic crisis since the great depression smells cheap and desperate. And it creates a spectacle that is becoming easy for the media to dismiss McCain is aware of this -- he's flinched at times and reminded his audiences that he has to be optimistic, but his campaign advisers don't agree on the wisdom of angry crowds becoming the story; some hate the effect this is having on independents and others are trying to pump liquidity into the Republican base.

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/10/is_john_mccain_really_serious.php

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:54 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
A) bumble and **** it up, because you don't have the balls to confront Obama face to face, like every other Conservative this cycle; or

B) shake his hand and then go home and lie about it to your mouth-breathing friends and relatives.

And I like you too
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:09 am
@snood,
Well yes, and maybe worse, but cowardice?

In any case there is no evidence that the crowds at McCain/Palin rallies have taken on a racist or violent tone, nor that either candidate heard the isolated calls except for perhaps: "Traitor!" which is clearly over the top but it's a far cry from a racial epithet and a pretty far leap to violence.

The Secret Service agents at the rally where someone is alleged to have yelled "Kill him!" didn't hear it.

I don't recall, but surely you, CI and Cyclo can confirm that you were outraged when Charlie Brooker of the Guardian wrote this concerning george Bush.

Quote:
John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr - where are you now that we need you?

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:11 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh, yes, I read the Guardian every day, 24/7. What a dork!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 01:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And what a sparkling wit you are.

I apologize for not assuming that cosmopolitan Liberals, such as the three of you, don't all pay any attention to what is being written in the foreign press --- even though the Guardian is often quoted in many of our major news sources.

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 01:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It has nothing to do with my "wit." It only shows your absolute ignorance. Your interpretation of "major news sources" does not apply to all articles in the Guardian. Is that news to you?
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 01:23 pm
@Cycloptichorn,

Well, the statement you used to open this thread may be right or may be wrong, but it would be instructive to see how well you'd do spending five years in a POW camp and enduring torture, which he actually did, in fact, do.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 01:31 pm
@Brandon9000,
Oh, you mean McCain was a POW? FYI, so were thousands of others who don't go around announcing how they survived it for much longer than McCain. They also don't go around asking to become president of this country based on their POW status.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 01:33 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Well, the statement you used to open this thread may be right or may be wrong, but it would be instructive to see how well you'd do spending five years in a POW camp and enduring torture, which he actually did, in fact, do.

You mean, McCain was a POW?

I didn't know that!

Rolling Eyes

He's a coward now, no matter what he was then.

Cycloptichorn
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 01:41 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

You mean, McCain was a POW?

I didn't know that!

Rolling Eyes

He's a coward now, no matter what he was then.

Cycloptichorn

I'm sure you know that he was offered a chance to go home when his captors discovered that his father was an important navy admiral, but refused to leave before his men did, despite the fact that he had been beaten severely and frequently. Most people would say that this qualifies as bravery.

Evidently, then, you believe that he somehow turned into a coward in the interim.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 01:43 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

Evidently, then, you believe that he somehow turned into a coward in the interim.

What, you mean in the 40+ years since then? Yes, that's exactly what I believe. That's what getting rich, fat, and powerful will do to you. And it's what he displays through his actions.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 03:13 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
That's what McCain displays through his words and actions.

Rather than tell Obama to his face during the debate what he's been saying during his campaign stomps (shouldn't have to repeat it here), he couldn't even look Obama in the eyes during the first debate. COWARD first class.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 04:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hey CI, I already admitted I erred in assuming you were well read.

You don't need to make excuses for not reading newspapers. I appreciate you get all the news you need from The Daily Kos.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 05:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Gotta love you conservatives for your exceedingly high level of imagination.

FYI, I read the San Jose Mercury News, a newspaper that has won more awards than any newspaper in California (or the US as far as I know). I read it almost every day when I'm not traveling.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
FYI, I read the San Jose Mercury News, a newspaper that has won more awards than any newspaper in California (or the US as far as I know).

We've pretty well established that you wouldn't know.

RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:42 pm
Quote:
John McCain is a Coward

Geez, and you find some of my thread titles a bit "over the top"?

Besides belittling old war vets do you also find pleasure in abusing women, insulting homosexuals and being mean to children?

The lesson we learn from "the great accuser" is they usually accuse others of misgivings as a smokescreen to hide their own complicity.
0 Replies