Jamelia

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 02:23 pm
So am in need of some advice. At one point should you ask to meet with someone you've been chatting to online. What's the norm? Am I wrong to assume they would want to? Any suggestions as to how you'd ask? Should females wait to be asked? Should I give hints?

Do not want to come across as desperate, needy or rude.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,611 • Replies: 9
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 02:57 pm
@Jamelia,
Just ask. No need to overthink it. Just say, "Would you like to get together sometime?"

Make sure you meet in a public place and plan the first meeting to be a short one (coffee or something), that way you don't have to hang around long if things aren't working out when you meet.

Have fun Smile

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 03:13 pm
@Jamelia,
I don't know Jamelia. I have met a few folks that I first encountered here on A2K and they were okay. But there are extensive files on encounters in role playing games and contacts in chat rooms that should scare the peewadden out of anybody. Cases of women who were enticed to meet charming gentlemen they met on line and wound up fleeced, raped, or dead. Numerous case of young people tricked into thinking they were going to meet another young person instead of the pervert that was misrepresenting his age and his intentions.

One of my relatives had an employee who drove to adjacent states to meet women he met on line. He was eventually dismissed when it became obvious that he was mentally unbalanced, but he apparently managed to convince on line contacts that he was handsome, well-to-do, accomplished, successful etc. when he was none of those things.

All I am saying is be very careful and do not give the person you meet any personal information as to your address, etc. and meet in a public place with lots of people around until you are sure. The guy you are going to meet might be this one:

Internet stud:
 http://www.welaf.com/resources/200708/pic/1186971229.jpg
Jamelia

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 11:42 am
@Foxfyre,
Thanks foxfyre, you made me laugh a lot with that photo.

I am serious though about my safety. I've researched a fair bit about the safeties/dangers of internet dating and a public place, well lit time of day and for a short time only. I'm new to my current area so am hoping if nothing works out relationship wise then maybe it could be more friendship. Some of the stranger ones are quite obvious and you can kind of work them out straightaway. Others I know you have to get to know more and be careful. They keep things well hidden!!

Thanks everyone else. i will try to have fun along the way.
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 11:58 am
@Jamelia,
Sounds like you will be just fine.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 02:10 pm
@Jamelia,
I met my wonderful husband online. We didn't stay online very long. We lived in the same city, talked on the phone, and made plans to meet for dinner in a local diner. We did meet, dated for three years, and have been married for five. I guess I was lucky. But I dated several others I met online before my husband, and I never did meet a psycho. You have to use discretion and be careful.
Jamelia

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 02:20 pm
@mags314772,
Hey mags
You're cheering me up no end. Every cloud has a silver lining.
Sure nothing comes easy.
0 Replies

Fountofwisdom

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 12:31 am
In my experiences you meet as many headcases in bars as you do on line. Suggest a meeting. Go through with it, nothing ventured nothing gained.
Jamelia

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 10:59 am
@Fountofwisdom,
Yes, you're right...............as I've experienced............
Fountofwisdom

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 08:05 am
@Jamelia,
So . You single?
0 Replies