In the A2K playground: Play the Synbot game today!

nimh

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 08:26 pm
Since he's momentarily taken over the board, or at least the Politics forum, at least until we've all gotten round to put him on ignore, I thought we might as well have some fun with the whole experience. I know - it'll only give him the attention he craves: I know the sensible response. But gosh darn it, if we're gonna have a Massagato spell, at least we should get our moment of entertainment out of it before we all get smart. You betcha!

So, laaadiiees and gentlemeeen .... It's time for an A2K self-gratification game, a procrastination and navelgazing community game! And it's called: rank Massagato's personas!

Here's the full list (as far as I know) of the personas he's had since A2K's inception. How many do you still remember? Special prizes for those who remember most and least of the personas!

And for the all-important bonus points, the very heart of this unique game: Rank them in order of which ones were most annoying! Win now or never! Will you take home the 1,000 Mortkat points??

Italgato
Bocdaver
Mporter
Septembri
Chiczaira
Mortkat
BernardR
Renatus5
MarionT
Madison32
Barackman
Synron
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 18 • Views: 18,961 • Replies: 227

kuvasz

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 08:30 pm
picked him up after his first post to me. its the old abuuzz gadfly maseggetto.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 08:32 pm
@nimh,
Wow, I didn't know a few of those.

Isn't bruce kolstad one too?

I'll pick 'italgato' as particularly annoying, the others are only rank.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 08:51 pm
@nimh,
He's already on my "ignore" list; he's a racial bigot, and I hate racial bigots.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 08:52 pm
@nimh,
I only remember 7 of the 12... but none as annoying as the latest incarnation. What a waste of bandwidth… and possibly some new users.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 08:53 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Wow, I didn't know a few of those.

I'll pick 'italgato' as particularly annoying, the others are only rank.
Going for extra credit already? (I'll watch for that one.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 08:53 pm
@nimh,
Lord...I don't know half those!

But I am sure there are thers...I just can't remember them.

It's hilarious when you have him on Ignore, because you keep coming upon these lists of User Ignored........sometimes take up half the page.
dlowan

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 08:57 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

I only remember 7 of the 12... but none as annoying as the latest incarnation. What a waste of bandwidth… and possibly some new users.

I think they are pretty equal in annoying ness.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 09:09 pm
As Chiczaira he got kicked off the Seattle thread at least once and possibly more times. I think there was another character where initially he pretended to be a really super-naive ultra-liberal, possibly a young female. He got away with that for a little while until his arrogant style betrayed him. But I can't remember the nom-de-net.

Oh, wait! He was also Parthian something or other. Do I get bonus points for remembering that?
dlowan

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 09:18 pm
@Merry Andrew,
I think using Parthian in a sentence always gets you bonus points!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 09:34 pm
@Merry Andrew,
A first bonus point for everyone! It's on the house.

<clinks>

ossobuco wrote:

Hmm.. Bruce has only made four posts so far, bit hard to tell still. Wait and see! Half a bonus point extra for you for promising suspicion.

Merry Andrew wrote:

Oh, wait! He was also Parthian something or other. Do I get bonus points for remembering that?

Absolutely! Two bonus points to MA. I dont remember a Parthian actually, no Parthian posted on A2K, but since both you and Magginkat identified Parthian as alter of Massagato etc already before, we'll count it!

Merry Andrew ahead with two bonus points, Osso has one and a half, the rest of us with one in this first round, and stay with us for an exciting new round - just after the commercial break!
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 09:45 pm
@nimh,
I have my money on Merry Andrew. he he he...

I could match only four.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 09:51 pm
@nimh,
Parthian was one of the alters at seattlebuzz.
Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 10:00 pm
@ehBeth,
Is it at all possible that all these incarnations are personae of old NY Zinger from Abuzz?
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 12:49 am
@Merry Andrew,
No, some of the liberals here think all conservative trolls are "Massagato" but that list is not the work of one person.
dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 02:21 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

No, some of the liberals here think all conservative trolls are "Massagato" but that list is not the work of one person.

You know, you always sound like that is some kind of fatal character flaw in "liberals", and other members, ...but in fact, when you don't run a site, and know who is who, it isn't all that disgusting to speculate about who the really revolting trolls are.

When you know who is who the speculations are kind of funny and silly....but really, when you don't, it isn't all that pathetic.

msolga

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 02:31 am
A thought: perhaps check out which usual ("difficult") posters are posting little, or not at all, these days?
dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 02:35 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

A thought: perhaps check out which usual ("difficult") posters are posting little, or not at all, these days?

Aaaaah....who gives a **** when you know, and can act contemptously towards those who, by definition, cannot know.

Yeeeeecccchhhhh.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 02:36 am
@dlowan,
I didn't say it was pathetic. Rolling Eyes I just find it odd that they gain such legendary status.
dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 02:41 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

I didn't say it was pathetic. Rolling Eyes I just find it odd that they gain such legendary status.

Do you????? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes :roll
: Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Well, humans suck.

Must be nice not to be like that.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Stupid rolly games are great, aren't they?

Wanna try actual rational discussion? Instead of sneering and contempt and all?

Confused